PDA

View Full Version : Piktro's Newest Solo

Piktro
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM
So, over the past few weeks I've been making a lot of random projects. 5 in 1's, additions to the Movie Magic set, and a few other little projects with even the graphics creator.

I thought it was time for something new, so the other night I started filming for a solo. I played for about 5 hours, 3 nights in a row, and this is my result. I know it's a bit long, but I hope you can push that fact aside and enjoy it anyways. I also tried to go for a bit of a different approach this time around. There are a few tricks that are quite out of my norm, but I tried to keep it fresh.

I'd love to hear what you think, so comments and criticism (constructive if possible) would be great.

With that said, I now present to you my 3rd solo:

Piktro's Solo #3
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82R211dOvb4
WeGame Link: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Piktros_Solo_3/

pawnluvguitarist
05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
that was amazing man, I really liked it...

It didn't really have anything crazy tech or hard, but there was lots of nice popless, and the whole thing just flowed real nice...

The filming/editing/music all went together very well, I loved the vibe.

The little things really added to it as well, like the ball rolling, the billboard ect...

a very enjoyable watch, just a real chill, mellow part. Not the kind where ur like "wow look it all the crazy bangers" but more like "wow that was a real well put together vid"

:)

edit: for 5 hours in total of filming, thats even better :)

I think I almost spent that much in total on a couple tricks in my OATS Vol 4 part haha

thesignguy
05-26-2009, 01:57 PM
good job man
long as hell for a solo but kept me entertained
first 2 clipd are 2 of my fav spots

Tubilakken
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I liked it... it's about the whole thing and not the ender... the way it should be... the music and the filming worked really well together..... 4.5 out of 5 ( minus the last 0.5 for not putting oats vol 4 in upcoming haha ) Just Kidding haha 5/5 I'll watch it again now

Piktro
05-26-2009, 02:07 PM
I liked it... it's about the whole thing and not the ender... the way it should be... the music and the filming worked really well together..... 4.5 out of 5 ( minus the last 0.5 for not putting oats vol 4 in upcoming haha ) JK 5/5

I KNEW I FORGOT ONE! DAMNIT!

I'm sorry Tub, there will be a shoutout in an upcoming video for OATS Vol 4, dedicated to just you guys.

Embers BLS
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
You know youtube is against my religion... waiting for wegame. lol.
did you ever get my reply to your PM Piktro?

Sounds like you killed it, can't wait to see it...

heshfield
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Your video skills are second to none.
The editing/filming was very clean. Skating may have been a bit slow at points but I liked how it sort of built up as the video progressed. Very nice shout-outs in the upcoming attractions too; you're cool like that. Great job on this one.

Piktro
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
You know youtube is against my religion... waiting for wegame. lol.
did you ever get my reply to your PM Piktro?

Sounds like you killed it, can't wait to see it...

Yes, I did get that reply. Thank you, I knew there was something very minor I was missing out on and it's much appreciated.

Also, the WeGame link is up now. Sorry it took so long, but the 500MB thing kind of owned it. I have to use different audio settings next time, those almost doubled the size, but I like my quality audio.

Jack
05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
filming is really nice and that setup around 3:31 was cherry,

JerrelMD
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
you KILLED it

wow dude mad props for 3:56

Embers BLS
05-27-2009, 03:53 AM
Alright, my friend, one word:
VIBE!

Kicked back, grabbed a beer, enjoyed. :D

Your editing skills are smooth.
Song is an awesome choice, perfect fit.

First trick: one of my all time favorties Flip blunt ish... nice deck too. haha

I guess the only "bad" thing IMO is watching your guy doing half pushes.
Personally, I like to edit them out, smooth roll ups are butter.
But really, that's ALL personal opinion.

Up the rail was cool, i gotta try a couple of those... :cool:
Chasing Cuz, F----- CLASSIC! lol.
Your spot choices are awesome.
LOL waterfront table ride wiggles...
Shout outs were cool! I liked that a lot.
Ender was sweet, love me some orange barriers.

Keep it up man!

Whitseys
05-27-2009, 04:57 AM
Amazing as always

eflixxx
05-27-2009, 05:32 AM
nice, except those latepopped flips down stuff.

Piktro
05-27-2009, 05:38 AM
nice, except those latepopped flips down stuff.

Thanks, and I saw the post over on EA too. I do kind of agree, looking back on those late flip things, they're not the prettiest trick in the world haha.

Glad all you guys liked the video so far.

pawnluvguitarist
05-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks, and I saw the post over on EA too. I do kind of agree, looking back on those late flip things, they're not the prettiest trick in the world haha.

Glad all you guys liked the video so far.

I liked em, i'd rather see something somewhat challenging than just a straight up ollie down a set.

eflixxx
05-27-2009, 06:45 AM
hawking can be challenging too, but that doesnt mean it should be included in "realisitc" vids just because its hard. only legit place to do delayed pops is from tail and noseslides, and even then some people get the pop above the curb. latepopped flips down stairs have never happened ever.

sorry piktro, dont take this too hard. your part is good, as is all you latest edits, this was just a little sidestep =)

Madsser3200
05-27-2009, 07:39 AM
damn piktro..
im in love with your style..

that was siick..
innovative..
uniqe..
loved it..

Piktro
05-27-2009, 08:23 AM
hawking can be challenging too, but that doesnt mean it should be included in "realisitc" vids just because its hard. only legit place to do delayed pops is from tail and noseslides, and even then some people get the pop above the curb. latepopped flips down stairs have never happened ever.

sorry piktro, dont take this too hard. your part is good, as is all you latest edits, this was just a little sidestep =)

Oh no trust me, I'm not one to take criticism the wrong way. I like to listen to everybody's input whether it be "Your video is t3h suck" or "Have my babies."

I like the look of the popless stuff down the sets, but they weren't really right for this video. That's what happens when you rush every single project you do though... the maximum time I've spent on a project was 3 days, maybe 3 hours a day, which turned into a 5 minute solo, haha. I tried to switch up a few of the tricks and do something out of my element, but in this case there were a few slips that I could've cut.

Madsser3200
05-27-2009, 08:29 AM
have my babies..

Jack
05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
alright, I'm gonna weigh in on the late pop sex change heelflip (I think). . . . don't do it.

I just didn't feel like being critical because the filming and editing just fit so well together.

still a thumbs up from me overall.

BeastySteez
05-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I beat off to this... Several times.

Thank You.