PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to skate. Reel

shamasn
05-30-2008, 11:24 AM
A montage compiled with the last of my clips downloaded from skate. Reel. Since I now have a working capture card, I will most likely not be using skate. Reel anymore to make videos, though I may occasionally throw some stuff up there for contests or team videos, friends sections, etc.

http://www.vimeo.com/1092306

** I'd also like to note that the thread I started named "shamasn's footage thread.." .. is simply for single clips, lines, and miscellaneous video- not team videos, montages, or solos. So if you're wondering why I made that thread and keep making new ones for other videos- that's why =)

zarathustra
06-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Excellent video. And Mogwai are great!

Mac
06-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I watched most of it and I it was really dope actually.

But still: DAMN YOU AND YOUR CAPTURE CARD! :(

zarathustra
06-05-2008, 07:33 AM
I have no idea how you get the speed to clear some of those gaps, like the stairs at 1:23. Something seems really odd there, like you were able to adjust the gravity. Ha.

shamasn
06-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I have no idea how you get the speed to clear some of those gaps, like the stairs at 1:23. Something seems really odd there, like you were able to adjust the gravity. Ha.

Hehe, a lot of time I can find nearby hills or different ways to get more speed than the average NPC, but sometimes I utilize the speed glitch- a little-known trick used to gain and maintain ridiculous amounts of speed on hills or flat.. even starting from a dead stop.. so the whole "3 pushes is all you need" phrase that you see on skate. loading screens isn't true really .. truth is you don't need to push at all, ever- unless you're going uphill; but the glitch sometimes works uphill also, provided it's a mellow uphill climb.. err skate.

Here's how to do the speed glitch (one way):
Nollie + nosemanual + when land in nose manual tap up on left stick (to bend your knees) before you nollie into another nose manual.. and repeat until satisfied with speed.

A lot more people know of the glitch nowadays though, because people blab.. but that's not necessarily a bad thing.. it is, after all a video game, and secrets should be shared, so consider me one of those blabbermouths =)

But no, as far as I know- the only person i've heard of who has ever "hacked the games configuration file", is one of his ex-BKS teammates (rofl @ In N Out for saying that) - In other words, no one has modded skate. to the best of my knowledge, which is up there as far as knowing things about skate.. no cockiness when saying that.

dev1n540
06-05-2008, 01:42 PM
he used the pop glitch zara, and all you have to do is do the speed glitch not that hard haha

http://www.skatethis.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=232&func=view&id=8320&catid=4

:)

shamasn
06-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah, Maeckes is on doppelganger.

I *got* glitch pop, I didn't *use* it- it's a random occurence. Are you saying, though, that the quad set isn't that hard or speed glitching? Speed glitching can get tough sometimes.. but not very many people have done stuff down the quad..

Driftedwoods
06-07-2008, 12:42 PM
speed glitch easy