PDA

View Full Version : theshape6 Day at the Stacks

theshape6
05-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Tried getting closer to the skater this time, so go easy :p
kudos to Piktro for the conversion tips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3yArRAx0M

bigmike712
05-31-2009, 03:47 PM
good skating, filming, shoes (wish they would have made them diff colorway), and song

Piktro
05-31-2009, 04:06 PM
To bigmike, I wish they had custom shoes too.

Filming and skating is pretty good man, I noticed you like to use the fisheye, you should try out 17-18mm lens. Gives it a much more realistic feel for those shots. Some good stuff in this video though, liked that nose to lateheel. The little tweak in the intro clip too.

My suggestions:
Try the 17-18mm fisheye for those lines, you might like it. Maybe try some long lens shots with a few tricks too (150-250mm). Just test them out, switch up the angles a bit you know?
Last but not least, see if you can lower the pops a bit on some of those tricks. Your pops weren't too crazy or anything, but until you just barely make the rail, you can always get lower, it gives it some more excitement and accomplishment when you finally get it. At least for me :p
(Just trying to help out by the way, not saying they weren't good tricks or anything. I enjoyed the video.)

theshape6
05-31-2009, 05:08 PM
thanks for the comments guys!

piktro i'll have a look on youtube about the 17-18mm fisheye lens, i gotta be honest but i can't tell the different between the fisheye lens and an normal lens in most solos people post :o , right now i'm focusing on lowering my pops off of grinds and manuals, i'll also trying lowering my pops onto them:)

i really enjoy doing those tweak tricks, i posted this on the Ea forums for something i'd want to be in the game as a trick so knowing it can be done is great, i gotta say i'm proud of 2:03-2:10 the pops in that clip may be abit high but doing that line took hours ( You really have to try it!)

i'm currently film for my part in New Deal so i'll really be looking into what you said piktro

thanks again
-Aaron:D

Madsser3200
06-01-2009, 07:28 AM
very nice..
but pleaase noone use that song anymore..
heard it about 1000000000 f-- times this weak..
and all in og skate or skate 2 vids..

cams:
waaaaaay cooler..
loved the cams..
they warent like poopy anymore..

thebullet
06-01-2009, 07:53 AM
nice video, my only beef is that it wasn't all at the stacks. You're a liar.

theshape6
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
everything in that solo was in the stacks location:confused:
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/6_clown_6/thestacks.png

thanks for the replies though, Mad. that was the only song i have that sounded good to be put in a solo, everything i've got is metal and doesn't fit lol

thebullet
06-01-2009, 08:49 AM
oh, i didn't realize the stacks was all those areas..ha, my bad, I was just "jonesin" ya anyways. Tight vid, good filming.

Madsser3200
06-01-2009, 09:58 AM
thanks for the replies though, Mad. that was the only song i have that sounded good to be put in a solo, everything i've got is metal and doesn't fit lol

oh yea..
but you know..
listen too many times makes it bad..

saunders420
06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
that was really good

and the song was awesome(only becuase of jay n silent bob)

edit and filming were good too

5*