PDA

View Full Version : Allstar's 2nd Solo - Triple Threat

GymAllstar
06-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Second go-around for a Solo after joining Triple Threat.. The song is Psycho Killer covered by Cage The Elephant. Big Thanks to Piktro for helping me with some new Style and Technique

I just want to give a thanks also to Black Box for putting out such a great game... There are soooo many videos dropped on a weekly basis that all kick major A$$ and I am just glad to be a part of it all.. Seeing everyone else's videos inspires me to get better and more technical with my skating and keep being creative with editing/cameras. There is so much room for creativity and uniqueness that watching each new Edit that comes out makes me want to UP my game a little bit more just to keep up.. Anyways, here is the link:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Solo_2_AllStar/

Skatevid2
06-20-2009, 09:54 PM
first line.. was Awesome..
love your 360s
crazy jersey barrier+ bank work..
ahhh mini powerslides on the ledge+ the bonk..love stuff like that.
and a great ender...
quality and filming were perfect..

keep. it. up.

Roccityroller
06-20-2009, 10:29 PM
clicked on this and then suddenly had the urge to take a major shit... posting from the blackberry to let you know that a review is coming...might just be a little while

edit: stopped it at 1:15... cuz i lost track of all the things i wanted to mention...soooo let's go.

fist line... flow, steez, trademark TT filming, epic.

:28...gorgeous blunt... I wanna smoke it...
:35...watch the pan back...if you're having trouble fixing those, get at me.
:57...you're off the team until you teach me how to do beautiful 360s
-side note- damn, i'm only at 1 min? total mind fuck...
1:33...still hate you
2:05...2nd best looking bail i've seen in skate 2
2:16...i don't hate you anymore...that was awesome and i don't know why
2:25...pan back :(
2:41...if that board would've tapped the mailbox, i would've cried and turn the video off...you're lucky.
2:47...i think you've been lurkin my solos...cuz i did some thing similar to that so you must've copied me.
3:14... YES YES YES
3:38...I hate you again
ender...see comment above...

Wow...that was..yea... you know what i'm trying to say.

lame as shit.

Jack
06-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm jealous of your ramped slo-moblunt in the second line, looked cherry.

weaving in and out around 220, just surfing, great filming, made it look like the filmer was surfing too.

Madsser3200
06-21-2009, 03:12 AM
will you merry me..?
seriously..

Winton
06-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Gotta love the quality..

It's easier to list some clips that I didnt like, so the list wont be that long :D

1:00 wtf!? that didnt look cool at all :D
2:09 was pretty random

Rest of it was mostly really solid.

Thought it was an enjoyable watch!

DevilSyco
06-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Really sick video.

Respect you.

robley
06-21-2009, 04:06 AM
dang man that was so good and when i'm even a slight percentage less stoned than i am right now, i will tell you why i think so. if i did it right now i'd end up using the word "like" to describe everything and that shit is ridiculous.

JerrelMD
06-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Pretty damn flabbergasting.

Happy to have made a siggy 4 you XD

pawnluvguitarist
06-21-2009, 09:25 AM
opening line was beautiful, loved how fluid it was, 360 powerslides ftw...

1:25 was great, nice tech creativity :)

2:10 great set up

2:45 kept that shuv sooooo low, lovin it :)

3:04 another great line, so smooth...

overall, great filming, great skating, great creativity, just great :)

has to be one of my favorite solos i've watched, everything just flowed so well

Anchors
06-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Filming was great.

Skating was solid.

Shenanigans were top-notch.

robley
06-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Filming was great.

Skating was solid.

Shenanigans were top-notch.

the shenanigans are the 3rd threat!

BritneysDignity
06-21-2009, 09:54 AM
i liked that. this place is great. not much shit to wade through. i dont think ill go back to ea.

JerrelMD
06-21-2009, 10:04 AM
i liked that. this place is great. not much shit to wade through. i dont think ill go back to ea.

just to show britney's still hot! >;(

SupaFly
06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Over all a nice watch,2:57 and 3:38 wow,some stuff was a little unrealistic,and i wish u didnt cut your upper body out of the picture so much,just my opinion well worth watching...cheers. :)

mamba12
06-21-2009, 10:28 AM
i said goddamn. i think you might have the smoothest lines ever, first two were redonkulous. and at the same time you're still tech-er than i could ever be. Such beautiful 180/360s.

1:26 was killer
1:44 damn i'm jealous
god your tweaks are great. see 2:23
2:45 dirty dirty
you know, most double angles are superfluous, but yours actually need them to see the awesomeness
3:32 killer feeble, great spot for it
ender ruled

i quit. i'm only putting out silly videos like Inside the Eyes of a Coconut from now on.

heshfield
06-21-2009, 12:09 PM
That was deffintely one of your best, gym. I really like how you did the intro/title. And you have some great taste in board graphics.
You kill it on those lines; filming at cougar bridge was nice.
Nollie flip picnic table tailslide to noseslide on the bank, nose manny 'bridge-the-gap' tailslide to fakie manny on the stacks benches, nollie heel blunt to fakie manny 3flip, bs noseblunt no-pop bs heel; i could point out more tricks, but those were so sick and were easily my favs. Too good to pick apart though.

Embers BLS
06-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I can never catch you on Live... but if this is what you are working on all the time... then damn... you just keep doing what you're doing.. haha!

Piktro
06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Seriously man, you are the master of showcasing board graphics. I saw my Jereme Rogers deck in there, and some Demz work as well, the Tub Vader board by SG, good stuff.

Smooth as hell by the way, loved this!

Too much cool shiz to name off, but I think my favorite part was the weave in and out of the poles.

BeatChemist
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I just posted this at EA... they should have a "Also post this over at fluckit" checkbox over there... lol

I watched like a minute of this maybe and then had to get some food... just got home from work.

I'm gonna pack a bowl, and eat while I watch.

Love the cameras already though. I think I need to get more crazy with my cams. Push the realistic-camera envelope, you know? I'm always trying to make the camera work soooo close to real because it helps keep the game footage look more real. Reality is subjective anyways so fluck it, I'm getting crazycammed the next few times I go filming.

Be back with more.

Here's some of the highlights for me:

-both the lines in the intro were really nice. great opening.
-0:47 nose to nose camera work was great. this is what I meant in the last post about not staying so rigid with 'real camera' moral/ethos/schoolyardrule .
-0:55 cam roll up to this ramp is great. also nice use of a double angle.
-1:12 bridge line is epic with the distant scenic background and foreground girders!
-1:41 nice manny slide manny action (nohomo) with the two benches.
-2:16 slalom line was original and well executed.
-2:22 shifty over picnic table was framed beautifully. simple and sick.
-2:42 hardflip over those newspaper boxes? Jeesus. If that's throwaway from my spot then I'm in trouble... hahaha
-2:47 fakie noseblunt manny tre out? DOUBLE T H A T SH|T UP YO!! uh... Oh wait, you did. I paused too soon. lol!
-3:33 fs feebs 180 out onto the flat is superduperdope
-3:39 noseblunt late heel was smooth as a stripper's ******
-3:56 amazing use of double angles with the second one cut BEFORE the tricks was siiiiick. didn't hurt you stomped the heel outta that blunt

Things I didn't like so much:
-That late heel out of the orange barrier slide, but I don't know if I liked it enough to see it twice. I also don't have much of a hard on for late/popless tricks though, so you can ignore me. I just think you had nicer looking tricks in there.
-ROLLBACKS??? WTF!! hahah j/k... but there's a few in there... just sayin'
-ender. I dunno. I think I'm really getting away from popless stuff. But I have to give you props because that is a sick popless out of an interesting ledge.

All in all a great watch! I kinda thought I was going to get sick of the song, because I wasn't feeling it at first. But it really grew on me.

Thanks for sharing!

GymAllstar
06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
big thanks to everyone for all the feedback.. I love my fluckit peeps over here..

Skatevid - glad you noticed the "min" powerslides - sets up the speed perfectly-appreciate the notes

Roc - usually I get a "Holy Shi***" or a simple one liner from you, so a full review with TIME checks? damn, I am honored... and I am gonna keep doing panbacks if it pisses you off THAT much ... hahah and I will never reveal how to make 360's cool... cuz I am not sure that I do that anyways

Jack- Congrats on DP Team! Awesome intro video from you-sorry I didnt comment on it yet .. but it was sick.. I was gonna leave that clip out but thought it broke the skating/video up a little bit

Madsser - "I do"

Winton/Jerrel/PSycho/ - thanks for the notes.. glad you liked

Robley - where is my Greenlake Full review? are you still THAT stoned?

Britney - Nice name - It IS better over here, welcome to the darkside

SupaFly - good luck finding my upper body, I dont even think my skater HAS one anymore

Pawn - "one of the best solos you have watched" ?????? damn, that made flcukin day!!

Mamba - I am glad my double angles were not Superflous ... I just did what I could to match the intensity and creativity of YOUR last solo man...

Hesh - that board of yours is a permanent on my 4 choices In-Game - KI just cant get away from it... and it looked awesome flipping over that mailbox.. hahah

Embers - your new Board from Demz looks just rediculous.. I am using that in every video moving forward in atleast 50% of my clips

Piktro - once again the weaving IN and OUt of the poles comes into the comments, damn I gotta do more RANDOM stuff in my videos that does not include doing grinds/airs/flip tricks... thanx for the love

And Chemist - Damn dude, this review was the most in depth review I have ever gotten... thank you sooo much ... it means more than you know to see that people are actually taking the time to cut down a video I made piece by peice and comment on it... truly humbling.. I cannot WAIT to see the Community Workout!!!! Dont delay that ISH too long!

Damn, I am going to sleep good tonight on this one... I cannot wait to see the videos that come out this week from everyone... Pawn, Where is your SPOT sesh???? just give it to me now so this video can get into the back of the forums!!! hahaha ok I am done

EmmitBrown
06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
i couldve sworn i commented on this already. i dig your style, with the camera as well as the skating. i dont know how to describe it other than "it feels like your actually IN the videogame skating around...rather than playing tryin to film"

your lines just flow smooth, and the bail was perfect.

the rollbacks as stated above. but it's minor.

the filming and quality was great and kept me entertained.

great vid Gym.

GymAllstar
06-22-2009, 07:04 AM
EB, thanks for the comment man, appreciate it!

Glad so see you back and putting out a new video. i checked it out and loved it, just havent had a chance to commebt on it yet! Looking forward to some new Miley Cyrus stuff!!

thebullet
06-22-2009, 07:49 AM
sooo good. So much goodness

everyclip where you had the white hoodie on was especially killer

robley
06-22-2009, 12:22 PM
okay my typing functions are all together. here's the blow by blow as i watch.

:14 i know a dude who will be STOKED on that gap. everybody go bump this shit on EA.
:30 tweak to front blunt? i've already had to pause twice to type give me a fucking second guy.
:48 nose to tail super sick. you're good with the camera hiding the big pop.
1:24 nollie heel tail to nose to revert?!?! it was a little over the top, i think it would've been just as killer without the flip, but it was still sick so nevermind. i could just delete what i just typed, but now you all have to read my thought process.
1:50 i love that construction pyramid
2:05 i agree. top 5 best looking falls.
2:30 FRIDGE BUMP
2:40 one of the best executions of that trick. meaning you did it right and you killed it. most people who do those don't turn with it, they turn after it.
2:50 perfect fall into the manny. pristine.
3:25 i will say the nayno to a varial flip sex change. I WILL.
3:28 i will immediately congratulate a fakie flip over blunt, and encourage future generations to pursue them as well.
3:36 PROPER fs feeb
3:44 yessir
3:53 see here i thought you were just 180ing out and you go and shock and awe me.
3:57 fuck you
ender you tricked it into a heelflip body varial and you did it sooooo nicely.

overall clearly i think it was very good. there were a couple double angles that didn't need to be, and a couple single angles that begged for a double. it didn't feel like 4 and a half minutes untill i had to pause it every few seconds because you wouldn't ease up with the brutality.

i prefer the original tune because i'm a dick like that, but i get why you used the cover cause it had the feedback parts that worked in favor of the edit.

9.8/10

9.8 because the russian judge is always an asshole.

this draws to a close the longest review i have ever typed, and will ever type.

andersatan
06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
So amazing, loved that weaving bit through the poles, just, agh soo good. Props man.

GymAllstar
06-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Bullet - when I put that Hoodie on every trick/clip I pulled came out sick... I should have filmed the whole solo during that sesh... ha

Robley - already told you thanks, but damn, after reading that again.. it got me ready to film for the 3rd..

Andersatan - man, I gotta put more random pole-weaving in my videos. I was NOT even gonna put that in there but that seems to be a highlight for everyone... very random clip but just felt right and the cam was fun to film too..
I cant wait to see your clips for Community workout man... your spot was fun to film for

Demzilla
06-23-2009, 11:29 AM
60fps looks funny...
i dont like it..
but..
thats why this game is a indavisual sport...
and i hope TT doesnt stop doing it...
it will grow on me eventually hahah...

opening blunt at "plaza de muaha"....
jealous of the trash can hop...

holy shit your at "red cross" but you didnt hit the grass gaps....

n heel tail 180 nose slap...
huge n back heel on the concrete slaps bump...

fridge bonk was sick..
i think i may steel that situation...

blunt to f manny was smooth..
manny tre shuv...then front board..awesome...

loved what i saw but...
ummm...
for some odd reason it wont let me go past a kick sex change flatground..
tried to reload it 3 times...
it just stops...
runs the whole timeline then stops..

second film its happened on..

WTF...

Skully
06-23-2009, 12:20 PM
shit vid

Embers BLS
06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Gym BIG deuce review by Embers!
opening titles/lines were awesome, along with the song, perfect set up to a good vibe for the video. Pure awesome.
manual to blunt tap pointed ledge @ the sewer... SICK
skate that bridge!!!
bail on the jersey barrier was tight.. haha, landed tricks were dope too.
LOLz the weave!
tweakage ollie over the picnic table was super stylin'
blunt to manual @ the library.... nailed it!
blunt heel out pointed ledge @ the sewer again, double angle sweetness
bank/picnic salad/bank -------> wow. makes me hungry?
Ender was classic Gym. LOVE IT!

ps. i wrote this when you released this solo, so i don't know what half of it means... LMAO! great job man, you really stepped up with this one. Time for me to bring the heat! how do i compete with this though??