PDA

View Full Version : Blunt to Fakie

lookingforgold
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I need help with these. I can occaisonally get into the blunt stall for a second on a transition, but usually end up freaking out and bailing since I can't figure out how to get out of them.

Hitmanx123
08-29-2008, 06:30 PM
well, considering iv never done a blunt to fakie i dont know how to help but i could say, try in on a curb first, like idk how it is for mini-ramps but ollieing out of a blunt on a curb should be around the same basis as mini-ramp, other than that. ill try my best to explain how to do it on mini ramp

sinc eu can get into the blunt what u need to do is make usre u got good footing, cause without this the trick will flop and youll fall....A LOT. so what u do is when u come up to the blunt make sure ur backfoot is basically covering the tail.

After ur in the blunt try to sort of scrap the board against the coping in an ollie motion, not so much like a straight up ollie, but like ricochet motion. make sure to keep your shoulders and upper body stiff so u dont lean alot.

To come back in fakie , if u succesfully were able to get in the air from the ollie, try to get your nose to get on the inside of the transition. To do this u might wanna suck up your front leg so that way, ur nose doesnt hit the copping and u fall. at the same time , u wanna make sure ur back leg isnt to straight when u come down or your tail will scrap and u might fall back.

When u feel the board looks good for landing back in the transition, just try to stick it and land rollin fakie.

that my best explanation.... and i dont even know how to actually do the trick, good luck tho

blackhawk17
08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
tht was te best explanation ive heard beforte from someone who has never even dobe the trick

Nelson
08-30-2008, 12:08 PM
ha he explained a trick perfectly without actually being able to do it

Hitmanx123
08-30-2008, 08:55 PM
lol, now that i think about it, im wanna actually try the trick :p

AceMcCloud
09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Well, I have only done a few blunt fakies regular, but I can do them switch.

I can also do a backside noseblunt, so I suppose I can throw in my two cents
here.

so as with any blunt stalls....try to pop out just enough so you can roll down the tranny. Suck it up with your knees and ride away with steez.