PDA

View Full Version : Danny Gonzalez Retires..

Madsser3200
06-29-2009, 10:07 AM
copy paste from Jartskateboards.com

DANNY GONZALEZ QUITS PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDING
We have a bad new for the skateboard community, Danny quits because of recurrent problems with his right leg

That’s what he told us via email:

“It doesn't look good. I recently found out my ankle is off set to the right. Which means my knee can't take impact because I don't have a good base.

I would like to thank you and Jart for all your support, but this is it for me.
I can no longer skateboard as a Professional.

Thanks again

Danny “

We understand this must have been a really difficult decision for him to take and wish him the best for this new times to come, with the board under his feet like a true skater he is.

For us he will always be a part of the skateboarding history, one of the greats skaters that changed street skating.

Thanks Danny!!

Anchors
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Sucks, that dude seemed like he was always injured.

LOVED his shit though, heelflip melons, one-foot/wheel mannys ,tre flip footplants, ceiling rides...

Demzilla
06-29-2009, 04:05 PM
funny how hes one of the last legends to truely change and influence the culture but has no comments....

thanks anchs...

its a sad situation but lets be honest...
he was raising the bar and putting it back down cause he know no one would get close....

all the manny stuff he did during songs vs films...
overlooked and twice as beastly...

gaps with more hazards then runway....

balls balls balls....
and thats how he got to his injured state...

destroying everything and himself...

most under appreciated skater to date...

did i mentions kinks before niggas was old enough to have balls big enough to go down a reg 6....

fuckin legend...

robley
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
he had that really really big year, with that AMAZING part in that stereo 411 industry. wallride kickflip in an interstate ditch. bonkers.

Hitmanx123
06-29-2009, 09:22 PM
man fuck that sucks...he was a beast:)

Skatehead
06-30-2009, 09:45 AM
....a true loss in the skateboard community.
i remember we went 2 this manny contest down south back in 04' and he was killing it, i think he won as well, kickflip 1foot nosemanny from a bank on 2 a long ass pad, and then drop off 4 or 5 ft....nutty.

jest118
07-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Danny Gonzales didn't skate handrails until after his first knee injury. Mark Gonzales was the dude hitting the kinked rails since most of use were fetuses. Fetus'? Fetusai? Well you get the point.

Monk
07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
hes been hurt for a very long time...... just like jesse paez...... some of my friends living in austin, TX rode with him alot back in the day and said hes a cool cat... fuckin beast of a rider also.... always took skateboarding to the next level. hell probably still be involved within the community tho; once you been in the game that long- its hard to just walk away completely.

jeansonfire
08-03-2009, 06:42 PM
The Nike Sb (http://www.offerdunks.com) - Black / White were released as part of the Nike SB January 2009 collection. The shoe is new to the Nike SB family, and has inherited several specs. from the Nike Dunks (http://www.offerdunks.com) Zoom Tre A.D. model. The sole unit is the same Free performance technology, but instead of using rubber on the upper like the Zoom Tre, Nike Shoes (http://www.offerdunks.com) feature a combination of suede and leathers. A highlight of the shoe is the Air max 90 detailing around the shoe lace area. This particular version sports a black colorway along with grey/white accents, and make a great edition to any shoe collection.