PDA

View Full Version : OATS Vol 5

pawnluvguitarist
07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH8p4cHLorI&fmt=18

:)

Piktro
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Mustafiz, Never letting me down with his sessions.

Loved the newspaper nosebonk.

SG

Bikerack 5-0 tailtap, epic.

Tubs

I've always loved Tubs' style. BS boardslide to 5-0. I hate that Barcelona ledge at Maloof, it's way too easy to do popless, 360 manny revert.

Pawn

Polejam popless, polejam fingerflip, Nosebonks, haymakers, FOOTPLANT LATEFLIP, triple grind switchup.

I have to say... I enjoyed OATS 4 a bit more, but this was still quality stuff. I liked the different styles of editing as well, definitely ObsurestrAcTechniStyle. See what I did there?

skelli_bonez
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
really fucking good wow, so many like new tricks i have never seen before, everyone got creative jeeezz... bonkbonk

i like how you guys make alot of full lengths that arent too long because its a nice watch from your whole crew.

my only gripe is lazy bs shuvs were done a whole lot but thats my only gripe

thesignguy
07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I will say it again a oats vid would not be the same without a part from Mustafiz, I really liked his part this time. It is so out of the box and not serious that it adds to the whole vid.

Tubs knocked it out again, such a unique style, not that his tricks arent totally different from everyone elses (which a lot of them are) but it seems like you look at the game different, like Pawn sped up or something.

Pawn, jesus man each trick was a banger. So many multiple hard tricks slammed together. I can't even imagine the time you must have put into this one. Double grind then a perfect nose bonk. double grind then wait whats that yes another double grind. The long line with you grazing a grab around the corner, god that was beautiful your best part yet imo

Tubilakken
07-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I always love watching our vids... I'm so glad to be on this team and I can't picture myself on any other ... so as always thanks Signguy Pawn and Mustafiz ....

here is the tricks that stood out to me. take it away text below me

Mustafiz :

Well first off .. EPIC song choice
the crooks to ride it fakie
the kickflip
nose tap thing of newspaper stash is my fav. trick you have ever done...
360 flip smith ... is that thing grindable ? still looks sick

over all my fav part from you... you kept it short and your own ... loved it

Signguy :

Last trick in first line .. just looks so darn perfect
smith 360 shovit
nonpop fs noseslide on the rail
shovit lipslide
smith to I just realized you did way to much crazy shit to mention ... soo I'll wrap it up with a I love love love love love love love love love love your part... and your ender is so fuckin hard it's not even funny...

Me:

If it looks a little rushed,, well it was.. but I thought the video would come out earlier then this... and I wont to add that much to it over the last 2 weeks... All my new footy well be for my next solo

Pawn:

holy slartibartfast this is my fav part of yours

I can't get into the specifics curse every trick is a banger in my book.... basically you rock and double / triple grinds, popless shovits ... and weird nic nacs all the stuff I sucked at ... and that's way I love your parts

heshfield
07-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I liked mustafiz' part this time around; just wish he would film in more than one location. Sign Guy wearin pants? haha. Some killer stuff in your part as usual; perfect body varial in that first line, popless to grinds, manual 270 board--too bad I already seen your ender before--it was still 'tight' though. Tubs blunt 270 inside the ledge; so sick. nice back noseblunt bigspin and craziness at maloof. One of the more enjoyable Pawn parts; manny grass gap fs flip was sweet but it looked like you landed in a nose manny--where'd you go?. Double grinds kicked my ass; that crooks to front blunt was unbelievable. I also liked that last line; nice to see you pushing and going fast. All-in-all, it was everything one can expect from an OATS vid and a bit more.

StompDatGoomba
07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Pawn's video's never disappoint. Sorry no full review too lazy and i think there's enough :D

pawnluvguitarist
07-24-2009, 04:29 PM
SG:

Rockin the moveables as usual ;)

I really liked those popless ollies into stuff...

Your ender = hardest trick in the vid bar none...

Tubs:

I really have nothing to say, It still amazes me, no matter how tech you get you're always smooth, so much flow...

ender was beautiful :)

Skatevid2
07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
awesome.

Musta, damn creative...spots were coool

Sign..first line..
manny 270 board..
ender.. looks so easy.. haha. but soooo difficult.

tubi...blunt 3 out ooohman
cathedral bank..
popless laser? what?

pawn..polejam varial..
noo wayy, that friggin, manny fs flip gap out. spent like 45 minutes in our og game of s.k.a.t.e...
triple grind..wow

Desean
07-24-2009, 05:44 PM
nice

Roccityroller
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm scared... buffering now

Ok so yea... now, normally i watch these for SG and Tub's parts, because they skate more to my style, but good lord, everyone showed up...

I think mustafiz is the first person in the history of skateboarding, real or virtual, to tailslide a stack of newspapers...

Tub... the work you did on that corner ledge at Maloof... wonderful and the ender on the bridge? great scott.

SG... f'n loved this part... at the end of it, i said this is going to be my favorite part.

However...

Pawn, you never fucking cease to amaze me. I'll admit, i'm not usually a big fan of your sections other than the "wow" factor, its still just a little too slow for me. but this one? totally different vibe, same rediculous pawn. Holy f'n double grinds... like honestly and then line in the suburbs... totally caught me by surprise i was like, whoa pawn's skating really fast...and then you just went on a double grind tear, half of them not even looking glitched...

Gentlemen, you all have set the bar once again...

robley
07-24-2009, 06:36 PM
jesus louisus. i can't even wrap my head around thinking about knowing how to consider understanding how to ponder the possibility of doing that.

HorseHead
07-24-2009, 06:53 PM
You are all incredibly talented people. So many amazing things from each of you but in your own unique styles. Truly rad stuff.

Jack
07-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Mustafiz - -so playful, noser newspaper nollie, sweet, one of a kind.

signguy - -nasty ungrindable board on the curb, makes me want to skate curbs, dude, have to say, not as mind blowingly awesome as your last part, (chair ride hippie greatest trick of all time) but who gives a shit, it was still awesome, and the pixies made it even better. noseblunt shuv garbage tap, fave trick.

tubby - you ripped maloof, all the weird obstacles, wobbly fakie manny, and a pure vert trick, bold dude.

pawn - polejams, manny nosebonk 180, messing around with mega pop line at the blue park. Got to be specific about one trick, 6:34, 180 out of the nosebonk looked amazing, somehow different than your other bonks, not sure what the difference was, but who cares.

Sweet. Hope Cuz watches it, he'll bust a nut.

quetonto1
07-25-2009, 12:06 AM
AWESOME

pawn with the triple grind ;)

eflixxx
07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
mustafizz
dont get theese sessions at all. no entertainment value for me. and its not art.

sg
best part in the vid. flowy, controlled and good spots. best sg part ive seen.

tubz
sticks out of the crew with his natural streetstyle. alwas superflowy and very tech. this time too much maloof footy for my taste. last part was way better.

pwn
same clothes again. popless in every clip. its too much. liked the nosebonk heels tho.

oats4 > oats5

Madsser3200
07-25-2009, 03:30 AM
wow..
shortest 8 minute video ive ever seen..

mustafiz' part made me go 'lalalala la lalala la lalalala'

signguy got more lines than ive seen him do before..
best part of the video..
manny 270 board was ill..

tubi..
ohh tubi..
wooow..
just loved that..
ender was bonkers..

pawn = popless..
insane popless control..
never seen so many popless tricks in one part..
beautiful..

*sobbing*
a tear rolls down my cheak..

thesignguy
07-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Wow thanks everyone
Madsser the 270 was my fav too glad you pointed it out
Wasnt sure how this one wud be recepted, just felt like the crazy chair stuff needed to be put to rest. I just wanted to have fun and do stuff that looked good.
Had some editing issues but i guess it came out ok, been wanting to use that song for a long long time.
I think i have used pretty much all of my fav songs now.

Demzilla
07-25-2009, 06:57 AM
best part of oats...
no intros...
straight to skating....

mustafiz....
stuck in the corner again...
bunch of great stuff...
i was just yelling for a grind wallride the whole time..
crook stall was funkin dope...
nose bonk on papers hop over....sickness...

SG....

picnic table at meatloaf....IM STEALING THAT....
5-0 heel over was real dope....
pop shuv tail tap on the trash can was awesome....
steep ledge in parkade....mmmm IM STEALING THAT TOO....
kick through the trees was dangerous....

tubs.....without crockett....
openeing manny nocomply tre...cery mean...
i wanna skate that water ledge...
wallride back lip at meatloaf...wooooo...
FF 5-0 back flip out...
back tail kick fakie at FF.....very nice...
360 shuv out the tail....
big heel out the sw tail was beautiful...it looked great...

pawn...
grab pole ride finger shuv....so mad at you for that one....awesome...
stall bonk wall at parkade...good eye....i wanna skate it...

MEATLOAF MADNESS.....TOP NOTCH....W.T.FFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

front crook to front blunt...
best double grind iv ever seen...
ive been trying it...
thanks for doing it..
now i can sleep....

heel tap to fakie....awesome...
the run outside the map...that bank bigspin back rewind...loooovvved it...

triple!!!!

5 vols later and oats is still mean as fuck....

great job gentlemen....

EmmitBrown
07-25-2009, 08:18 AM
this was excellent. not really feelin 'stafiz part, but i doubt he'd care anyways. it's all good.

SG was exactly what i was expecting and then some, may be my favorite part from you. mad liney, loved it. second to last clip was real dope (dont know what it was about it, but it just struck me as perfect), as well as the 270 board.

Tubs, as always flowy and smooth. i love tubi's parts. whole part was dope and the music worked great for it. i was feelin this one a lot.

Pawn....slightly repetitive. absolutely top shelf as far as difficulty (like above and beyond, really it was superb) and you can tell you have a LOT of control with the sticks...but sometimes i feel like you go for difficulty more than style. Which i know is where your heart is when you playing...difficulty and an awkward take on the environment. but your doubles were stunning and executed as close to flawless as ive seen in this game...and the triple speaks for itself. great part.

sick video all around.

pawnluvguitarist
07-25-2009, 12:31 PM
thanks for all the comments everybody, it's much appreciated :)

You summed me up perfectly EB haha... Yes my stuff can be slightly repetitive, and I'll be the first to admit that for me difficulty comes before style. But skating obstacles in quirky creative ways is still very important to me...

This part, more than any before it was extremely focused on difficulty. Hence the high concentration of popless, bonks, double grinds, both by themselves or combined in lines...

Was by far the hardest part of mine to make, and likewise one of the funnest parts to make. I really enjoyed testing the boundaries of difficulty, incorporating more speed and lines than usual...

I'm really looking forward to trying to top this part, longer lines, tougher combinations, quirkier set ups, should be fun...