PDA

View Full Version : NEW Gameplay Video!

skater924
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiisQwf-oYk

It's not much, but it shows some awesome new gameplay :)

Nelson
09-03-2008, 03:39 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/261235.html

noobtard06
09-03-2008, 03:44 PM
OMG WINZOR. MADONNA AT 18. AND YOU CAN KICK THE BOARD OUT. YES!!!

ahh so much i wanted to see in this.

oh yeah.

fakie tre

EmmitBrown
09-03-2008, 03:44 PM
dudes foot looks jenky while flippin the board.....and why'd dude bail in the air? he bailed on the rail cause he took his foot off but why in the air.....can we kick away?

and i guess that means you CAN land into a grind while grabbing...and tweaking too.....

and still no answer on running over stuff with your board rolling underneath

nice new clip tho....minus the old song

noobtard06
09-03-2008, 03:47 PM
wait emmit your ballmusk on youtube??

EmmitBrown
09-03-2008, 03:48 PM
yup....hahaha

noobtard06
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
haha. and yeah. he kicked the board away

volcomston3d
09-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Did anyone realize how huge the fakie tre was??? It looked like he cleared a entire freckin canyon

Get Stoked
09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Someone already posted it, so I'll merge the two threads together. Awesome video.

Anjo606
09-03-2008, 05:14 PM
haha deathrace got so much funner. Shove your ass outta the way!!

be a debaser
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
saaawewweeeeeeeet

Mac
09-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh god, you can kick away the board in-air!? AWESOME.

Also, am I the only one that think that the ragdoll system looks a tiny bit better this time around?

Corrine
09-04-2008, 12:51 AM
That looks aces. I like the look of the venice beach style area, I'll be looking to do some old school Wheels Of Fire/Natas stuff down there.

BeLLy
09-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Wickedness! Just cruisin' with freinds to a spot'll be awesome, be like that Powell vid from waaay back with Mariano and a load of others when they're all no-complyin up curbs and bonelessing stuff down the street. Old school!

Corrine
09-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Wickedness! Just cruisin' with freinds to a spot'll be awesome, be like that Powell vid from waaay back with Mariano and a load of others when they're all no-complyin up curbs and bonelessing stuff down the street. Old school!

^This.

That's my favourite video part ever. Me and the guys I used to skate with would watch that bit before going out for a session.

BeLLy
09-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Same, only problem was we live in Rough Surface Central which got joined to Unslidiest Surfacesville:(

Corrine
09-04-2008, 04:52 AM
Same, only problem was we live in Rough Surface Central which got joined to Unslidiest Surfacesville:(

Is that anywhere near Tiny-Bit-of-Gravel-Under-Wheel? I think I know those places.

KushKrashBOOM
09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
WOW that was a great thing to see coming back from my 1st day of school!!!
mega ramp like drop :20...
nollie out looked so sick at :30 althou that could have been because of the tweaked crail??
fingerflip was pretty cool but if you look closely you see the board starting to overrotate and it is caught by the feet!!! WOO
ollie north was massive and beautiful...
as for :41 what does that mean? do you not land tricks every time? nice nutter though (and to mac i believe cuz said in an interview that ragdoll was improved)
the hippy jump still concerns me... seems to lag behind or something just isnt right... if you notice the girls feet position, she crouches on the bolts so... asumming holding a+x will make your character crouch and letting go will make you jump?
moving the chair was cool
but the peds still seem mindless... :(
and for the fakie tre over the grand canyon... eww
did you see the lake? HIDEOUS! wasnt moving and just looked like blue poo :(
and dyrdeks double still seem slow...

overrall im pretty much expecting the same game with a different city and some new tricks...
the style of doing a treflip or any other flip trick looks exactly the same as S1 which is disappointing in someways...

we'll see how it turns out... :)

ERIKDOTCOM
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh god, you can kick away the board in-air!? AWESOME.

Also, am I the only one that think that the ragdoll system looks a tiny bit better this time around?

No. I agree. I think bail vids will actually be a lot more interesting this time!:cool:

Adio0709
09-04-2008, 03:08 PM
honestly, i think the game looks like shit.. kushkrash pointed out most things i didnt like, but even the graphics of the chair suck, and seems to make it different from the environment since its moveable.. when the chick moves it, she is just about sliding.. animations are a bit better from the last vid, but still look a bit awful. sorry to not like it, but i really dont like the look of the game :(

ERIKDOTCOM
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
It didn't look like she was sliding to me.:(

Adio0709
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
yea its hard to notice, and doesnt even matter..but while shes doing the walking animation when moving the chair, she has a "sliding" effect..look very closely at the feet and the speed shes moving at

Hitmanx123
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
yea its hard to notice, and doesnt even matter..but while shes doing the walking animation when moving the chair, she has a "sliding" effect..look very closely at the feet and the speed shes moving at

yeah what he said :cool:

ell595
09-06-2008, 10:31 AM
its awesome
i love it!
does this mean the...BAIL BUTTON IS BACK???!?!??!!!?!?!?
hell yeah
that fakie tre was massive
maybe a little unrealistic
but, hardly hawkish

like everyone was saying over at the ea forum
newbs

ERIKDOTCOM
09-06-2008, 12:29 PM

Yeah, I actually kinda see it now.:mad:

Hitmanx123
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
u know what i dont give a fluck if this was the final build of the game (which it's not) i'd still enjoy it how it is and fluck anyone who says itll turn out like hawk, they maybe be skateboarding games but they are played WAAY different.

ell595
09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Here Here!!!

Adio0709
09-06-2008, 06:27 PM
u know what i dont give a fluck if this was the final build of the game (which it's not) i'd still enjoy it how it is and fluck anyone who says itll turn out like hawk, they maybe be skateboarding games but they are played WAAY different.

TBO, i think skate2 will be "Hawkish", no matter what the controls are, they can manage to fluck it up

The Destroyer88
09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
TBO, i think skate2 will be "Hawkish", no matter what the controls are, they can manage to fluck it up

Skate 1 was "Hawkish" as well. It's just how you play the game. You don't HAVE to jump over huge gaps to play the game. If you want to do unrealistic stuff you can, but people act like it's impossible to play this game realistic.

It's pretty funny because people might complain how "Hawkish" this game looks, but I bet 99.9% of those same people will go out and buy the game, wipe the drool from their mouths, and eat their words.

Anjo606
09-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Well actually its not true skate will be hawkish because it depends on how u play. Tony hawk was implemented as the High flying combo masher after the revert was installed. Skate. was to be the feel of skating. Technically it wouldnt be hawkish cuz if you play real just skate it how you feel, if you want to do big airs then do big airs

Hitmanx123
09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
idk, i just play it how i want, tony hakw had u onyl play ONE way, and that was to get combos n' shit. Skate makes it so u can play any fluckin way, get points, bomb hills, skate spots, create new types of tricks (sort of) and all this other shit i mean, if we didnt have the freedom the first game gave us then there wouldnt be as many different videos, we'd all have the same type of style somehow, and thats what SKATEBOARDING is about, finding your own style and skating how u want to skate........end......o shit i dropped my ritz crackers :eek:

Jakeblueisballin
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
honestly, i think the game looks like shit.. kushkrash pointed out most things i didnt like, but even the graphics of the chair suck, and seems to make it different from the environment since its moveable.. when the chick moves it, she is just about sliding.. animations are a bit better from the last vid, but still look a bit awful. sorry to not like it, but i really dont like the look of the game :(

Dude. Chill.
Your going to buy it. Love it. So stop. EA is showing us PRE-ALPHA footy. You know how lucky we are? Some people get trailers of just nothing (GOW2)

switchFooTexas
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
There are random halfpipes just for no reason. Atleast in skate. there was actual street with things you would actually see not those random ass cirlce things he's riding through in the trailer. Or a random chair that can be a ramp just laying around.

I have no hype whatsoever for the game anymore

Nelson
09-07-2008, 11:29 AM
there only going to show us whats done already

you guys do know that theres 3 other district's that we haven't been shown yet

Hitmanx123
09-07-2008, 11:31 AM
wow switchfoot....wow

KushKrashBOOM
09-07-2008, 11:33 AM
yea man im still really hyped for this game...
theres no reason why you shouldnt be....
like everyone else you skate how you want!

Nelson
09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
if i remember correct the first skate 1 trailer looked like complete shit, the animations were horrible

BUT, look what it came out to be

still alot of work that is yet to be done on this game

Hitmanx123
09-07-2008, 11:40 AM
if i remember correct the first skate 1 trailer looked like complete shit, the animations were horrible

BUT, look what it came out to be

still alot of work that is yet to be done on this game

yeah what he said she said

Adio0709
09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
haha, and i seriously thought that the first trailer looked better than it is now, except graphics.. but like switchfoot, i have no hype. im just mad sick of skate1 right now

Nelson
09-07-2008, 01:32 PM
haha, and i seriously thought that the first trailer looked better than it is now, except graphics.. but like switchfoot, i have no hype. im just mad sick of skate1 right now

i will never be sick of skate. even when skate 2 comes out

KushKrashBOOM
09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
i will never be sick of skate. even when skate 2 comes out

couldnt agree more...

AceMcCloud
09-10-2008, 10:45 PM
It looks like there will be a lot more really huge gaps that you can hit more casually. Most of the big ones in skate. are difficult to handle.

I wonder if you can do shit like, oh say a tre flip fingerflip airwalk front salad down a handrail?

Mac
09-11-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm sure you can, but it'll most likely take a huge amount of precision and good timing.