PDA

View Full Version : Fix Your Face - Skully solo

Skully
08-01-2009, 02:52 PM
this might well be my last solo, i have to sum up the options and time I have now, madden 10 is coming up and my weekends are still busy, also this solo took my 2 months, I just had no inspration to finish this solo untill now, Im not saying Im giving up because I still have the movation to do team vids (well im a FA so not possible lol) or colab vids

before you watch the vid I must say there is quite a bit of flatland stuff in this vid. If this is not your thing, please dont say "nice vid dont like the flatland stuff" because ive heard it all before and its grown old. ALso, sorry if it sucks
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Fix_Your_Face/

so please rate and review, I take all comments and crits on board

Skully
08-04-2009, 05:14 AM
epic bump

quetonto1
08-04-2009, 06:01 AM
wow i didn't even see this up :[

well i enjoy it,

in parts it was great (mostly the lines)

but in some like the manny i wasn't feeling it, just abit over the top

but hey that just my thoughts

heshfield
08-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I liked this; can see you put a lot of heart into it. And you pulled off the flatland stuff nicely.

BeatChemist
08-04-2009, 06:08 PM
copied from ea:

Love the Beck song! HELL YES!!

Was thinking of using that one myself at some point. I'll take the mp3 out of my "music for skate videos" folder. lol

I liked some of the flatland stuff. Not all of it. Sometimes it felt like you were stringing toooo many trick-manual-trick sequences together. I liked the filming and the edit, but some of the skating felt sloppy. Like it was the first time you tried the trick and landed it, rather than keep at it until you get a better lockin/pop/landing/etc. I can't really describe it, it was just a feeling I got from some of the tricks.

My fav was the fakie hardflip down the set at 0:42. and the revert shuv out of the manual at the Fantasy Factory at 0:53.

And don't get down on the forums and no comments. Look at how many vids get released. It's crazy. The teams stick to commenting on each other just for that reason. It gets hard to comment on EVERYTHING. I watch a lot of videos, but unless they really stand out I just move on... it is what it is...

Just keep working on them! You should get at me when I start up the next Community Workout!! Sometimes getting into some collabo vids can help get you recognized by the "heavy hitters", you know? Not that I get a lot of comments... lol... and I'm the one that put the project together!! lol (yes. I am bitter.)

Don't let it stop you from having fun making videos though. Just keep doing what you do and develop your style and you'll eventually get more comments.

Skully
08-04-2009, 11:27 PM
copied from ea:

Love the Beck song! HELL YES!!

Was thinking of using that one myself at some point. I'll take the mp3 out of my "music for skate videos" folder. lol

I liked some of the flatland stuff. Not all of it. Sometimes it felt like you were stringing toooo many trick-manual-trick sequences together. I liked the filming and the edit, but some of the skating felt sloppy. Like it was the first time you tried the trick and landed it, rather than keep at it until you get a better lockin/pop/landing/etc. I can't really describe it, it was just a feeling I got from some of the tricks.

My fav was the fakie hardflip down the set at 0:42. and the revert shuv out of the manual at the Fantasy Factory at 0:53.

And don't get down on the forums and no comments. Look at how many vids get released. It's crazy. The teams stick to commenting on each other just for that reason. It gets hard to comment on EVERYTHING. I watch a lot of videos, but unless they really stand out I just move on... it is what it is...

Just keep working on them! You should get at me when I start up the next Community Workout!! Sometimes getting into some collabo vids can help get you recognized by the "heavy hitters", you know? Not that I get a lot of comments... lol... and I'm the one that put the project together!! lol (yes. I am bitter.)

Don't let it stop you from having fun making videos though. Just keep doing what you do and develop your style and you'll eventually get more comments.

you again? I just commented on this post @ EA like the last 2 mins ago! lol :P

all i'll say now is this: the fakie hardflip is my trick :P