please explain this statement

robley
08-24-2009, 11:04 AM
please explain this statement

yes please do

madsser
08-24-2009, 11:08 AM
well..
i at least, find it more challinging doing the tricks in 'slo mo'..
the guys who skate that way, almost always want to have what i call 'precise pops'..
to pop the trick at the excact highth so that the trick flips, you catch it and get on the rail..
all this done in the time under the rail..
thats what challenging..

i find it boring to do..
but entertaining to watch

Roccityroller
08-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Pay attn to a "bullet" video.. his pops are perfect and he looks like he speed glitches 1000000 mph towards everything.

so yes, i agree that perfect pops are difficult, but doing them fast is much more difficult and more interesting to watch... all i'm saying.

madsser
08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
i think you are right roc..
i just find skating slow difficult..

but i guess thats just me..

Roccityroller
08-24-2009, 11:53 AM
difficult to stay awake for?

andersatan
08-24-2009, 11:55 AM

This ^

JerrelMD
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah yeah Song <3

SeksulChokolate
08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
i agree slow skating with perfect catches gets old real fast...but i dont see a problem with two regular pushes setting up a trick on a handrail or ledge..to catch a trick right on the rail when going fast you usually need to start your trick way early to catch it right...
hence making the "realistic" effect kind of go away

that being said...its a video game and people can play the way they want

fast and tech is more entertaining for most
but i dont think someone should get flamed for skating slow and realistic or "BKS style"

btw welcome back peak & fallen

skelli_bonez
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM
well, i hate to be an asshole..... but... i hated it.

film burn intro DOOM.... never ever again IMO

the skating wasnt that slow but was so linny.... everyone had the exact same feel to their filming and skating making it very un original

sorry had to do it.

catz

Peak
08-24-2009, 08:07 PM

We go around rl speed, so i guess you dont watch skatevideos. Damn, now i know why you have such bad style.

Ps: Not trying to start a fight.

seamonkeymadnss
08-24-2009, 08:09 PM
We go around rl speed, so i guess you dont watch skatevideos. Damn, now i know why you have such bad style.

Ps: Not trying to start a fight.

bullshit?

rl speed my ass. i didnt see a full push in probably that entire video. if most skate videos were like this promo, i would have given up on watching them a long time ago.

Peak
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
bullshit?

rl speed my ass. i didnt see a full push in probably that entire video. if most skate videos were like this promo, i would have given up on watching them a long time ago.

Not really bs, i mean he knid of started it, i was just pulling out facts.

And then on your rant about rl skate videos, its not even relevant and tell me why.

robley
08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
justin strubing, dennis busenitz, tony trujillo, brent atchley, mike maldonado, peter ramondetta, john cardiel, and literally hundreds of others would argue with your definition of real life speed.

seamonkeymadnss
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Not really bs, i mean he knid of started it, i was just pulling out facts.

And then on your rant about rl skate videos, its not even relevant and tell me why.

not every rl skater likes to go 2 miles an hour, at least not pros, but i could easily tell you that i know kids that wouldnt be able to skate the way they do with one little baby push. they might have a sketchy style but thats the way they are. they like raw skating instead of this cookie cutter bullshit. if this is the kind of style you like then fine. but when people dont like it, you cant just try to ram it down their throats. people are entitled to an opinion.

and on the subject of roc, that obviously isnt a fact because me and plenty other people like his style. thats a fact

Peak
08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Well its a fact based on a opinion

seamonkeymadnss
08-24-2009, 08:44 PM
saying someone is bad is an opinion.

saying people like the way someone does something is a fact, as long as thats true.

i can back mine up. you cant. 5th grade learning here

thebullet
08-24-2009, 08:59 PM
ha, am I the only one that didn't mind that promo?

i mean, nothing original or mindblowing in it, but I can appreciate the proper hardcore trying to be real life style every now and then.

If you guys made a full, I'd watch it and most likely get some enjoyment out of it.

Just sayin

i do think the arguement of skating slower is harder is a little wack, but that's ok, if you find skating fast easier, then more power to you, cause it looks more interesting most of the time in my opinion.

now let's all go do some revert kushpops and hippy flips and have some beers (rootbears for you young'ns and straight edgers (wait, is straight edge still a thing, do people still do that, and get those xxx patches sewn onto their sweaters and old backpacks(i never did, but i had friends that did, but now they all drink and shit so go figure)))

Roccityroller
08-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Guys... this isn't the kids table... so whether i liked it or not.. and weather peak took my joke as an insult or not... or whether he just has a blatant problem with hoodlum or not... doesn't matter. You wanna bitch and moan and argue, go to ea.

AiR FeNza
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Bullet, I still hear people saying straight edge, just very rarely..

Roccityroller
08-24-2009, 09:39 PM
My roommate was straight edge... made a fake e-mail and anonymously e-mailed the land lord one time cuz we smoked a bowl in the house.

edit: oh yea, he got married last spring and didn't even take a sip of champagne at his own wedding.

seamonkeymadnss
08-24-2009, 09:40 PM
i heard sg used to be straight edge.

AiR FeNza
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
edit: oh yea, he got married last spring and didn't even take a sip of champagne at his own wedding.

woah..

thebullet
08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
dude i work with a guy who didn't even KISS HIS GIRLFRIEND till they got married. WHen they got engaged he kissed her on the cheek and was like "whoa"

Roccityroller
08-25-2009, 08:14 AM
lmao

AiR FeNza
08-25-2009, 08:15 AM
dude i work with a guy who didn't even KISS HIS GIRLFRIEND till they got married. WHen they got engaged he kissed her on the cheek and was like "whoa"

more woah..

HorseHead
08-25-2009, 08:15 AM
I like to sing along to Minor Threat songs when I'm drunk. Which by my definition makes me straight edge.

Also, I didn't think this video was bad. That kind of realism is hard to do. I couldn't do it.

It takes all kinds dudes. Look for the positives. For example, instead of thinking that potato chips smell like farts, think that sometimes your farts smell like potato chips. There, glass half full.

skelli_bonez
08-25-2009, 08:32 AM
this thread has went way off course...

but one time i was at a KFC and like 5 straight edge retards came in with X's on their hands and i asked them why, and he was like we are going to beat the shit out of some stoners tonight..... i heard later that 3 people got stabbed and shit

legit retards....

skatefluckit "the bar"
ea forums "kiddie dungeon"
umm.... skate cc "the loony bin" LolWatATT

skate hell "u dont wanna go there?"

jokes.org

ACleanSpy
08-26-2009, 06:25 PM
um is this where i snap my board and go home?