PDA

View Full Version : Skate 3..official...

Demzilla
09-15-2009, 06:35 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/15/skate-3-announced-for-may-2010-ship/

GO..
APE..
SHIT..

Demzilla
09-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Black Box Distribution Skate Park

new gc....

skate park editor...

team based online challenges...

new city...

jaw...

on the floor...

may 2010....

THANK YOU BLACKBOX......

eflixxx
09-15-2009, 06:46 AM
I love port carverton!

Slamooh
09-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Check pms demz

thebullet
09-15-2009, 07:34 AM
so so excited. may 2010 is sooner then i thought. Ooooh shit. I love this stage, where ever few weeks they release more info/videos.

The sounds in that trailer were great, way more crisp, and the look was was more simple like skate 1, but so much cleaner.

skatepark editor?? oh my

new city!?!?

eflixxx
09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
i love the cleaner look, even tho im not sure if this is final renders or not, prolly not tho

and port carverton, cuz´buddy tribute right there, classy
(new city is all we needed really.)

sounds sound better, good.

more trick variation = more possible glitches =)

park editor, good.

summer 2010 just died.

Roccityroller
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/ugc/cgc/skate2/2009/9/15/8a0088dd23beb35c0123bebcf3ba001e-1253035537338.png (http://skate.ea.com/graphicscreator/gallery.action?assetId=8a0088dd23beb35c0123bebcf3a 80019)

saunders420
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
i found this video http://stickskills.com/news/399/skate-3-announced-trailer-/

Liekhug
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Holy fucking shit tittie balls.

Corrine
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
I feel obliged to crawl out from under neath the big pile of coats I've been hiding under to say WOO, YAY and HOOPLA!

Fantastic news.

Demzilla
09-15-2009, 02:10 PM
my impressions of the trailer....

graphicly it looks like s1...
lower resolutions...
more pastel color...
makes sense...
everyone said they thought s1 looked better and there wish came true...
i dont expect the graphics to change...

city wise..off the 6 pics..
from the 6 pics you can see a farely large city in the background of the top far right pic......
so im excited to see that....
in the pics you see alot of sky..
which gives me the assumption that they kept what was needed to a minimal structure wise...
from the size of the city in the background and how far away we are in the pic...
(sorta like lookin downtown from the mountain...but a little further)
it seems like the world is alot larger than we will expect...
the pic on the bottom far right reminds me of berlin..or london..
Europe sorta...
like old town got a European face lift..
the bottom far left pic integers me the most...
it has a city in the background like top far right..
but its further away....
which again makes me think of the size of the city...

im not sure what to think of the middle pics...
they both seem like prop pics for a city..
the top looks like a art area of blocks and interesting architecture...
but the boat....
not necessarily to tease skateable area....
BB know we love(hate) boats so i think its just there to illustrate whats in this new city....

pic in the top left is where the trailer takes place...

animations...

darkslide clip...
-darkslide landing looks new...looks liek his hands went into his stomach...new to me...
-guy doing front nose grind... shoulders are turned more left than s2 by alil....could be turning into a front crook...but his arms are definitely tweeked pretty hard...
-dude in back bluntslide...arms are wider and his elbows are heigher up....new to me...also looks like the ollie out was nicer..smaller...

manny clip...

the guy to the left of the guy tail tapping is moving around while keeping his board under his feet "parked" or w.e. you call it....
another gesture?...cant say really...

underflip....

to me...
it looks like a quick flick...
like a kickflip quick heelflip...if you kicked with your toe and triggered a heel your toes would run back into the board...
and that seems logical so it can connect all the late flip tricks together...

this character in the underflip clip looks like he was straight ripped out of s1....
low res textures...
pastel colors....
the first s2 trailer had full res skaters that looked just like the final product..
i dont see why this wouldnt change...
il say it again..i dont think the graphics will change...

nice handrails in the background of the underflip....

im thinkin....
the tre flip was in the old "loose" style..
wide legged....
unlike s2 very tightly compacted tre flip...

weird gc stuff...

"mall grab" darkslide board gc...
you can tell its from the gc...under the bolts the color changes alil...
but whats weird is...
you see the same graphic in 4 different places..
and in 2 different styles...

darkslide is a full gc in the middle...
shirtless has the same but a smaller tilted sticker on the bottom of his board....

weird part..
the girls deck is only half of the graphic and its rotated 90 degrees and enlarged twice the size....
shirtless guy has that same half graphic as a tattoo...

no idea what to take from that..
different graphics with the same things..
adjustable graphics...
no idea...

peeves....
none...

hopes...
full graphics for boards and tees....

for the developers...

if 3 is about creating a team....
we have board and shirt graphics...

why cant we color maybe 3 generic styled shoes?
food for thought but..
coloring my sneakers would be a dream came true...

amongst from that...

i dont see why we shouldnt be able to change the color of ALL CLOTHING ITEMS....
that could motivate alot of people to maybe wear things they normally wouldnt...
and your still support the sponsors so i dont see why you cant program that......

someone made fun of me the other day but who cares...

I WANT YELLOW PANTS!!!

Anjo606
09-15-2009, 03:17 PM
so....damn......SEXXXAAY!!!!!!! love how first trick in trailer is a darkslide, all the things weve been waitin for, and UNDERFLIPS????? goddamn . plz tell me there are flatland variations to come

Jakeblueisballin
09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Dude, I'm staying at Fluckit. The EA forums have gone to shit again -_-

Skate 3 looks.....AMAZING <3

Roccityroller
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Yea it's about that time... remember when S2 dropped? that place was even more of hell hole than normal.

LENNON
09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
holy christ. i've been comin here just checkin up on things, never posting, but HOLY CHRIST! hell yess! that is so amazing, a whole new GC (and more), not sanvan again! so excited!, the new darkslides and underflips i'm not wild for but obviously if i dont want to use them i wont! PSYCHED!

Demzilla
09-16-2009, 08:20 AM
welcome back jake blue...
and yeah lennon...

in the trialer..
the gc graphic..."mall grab"
has words and an image...
you see it in 6 different ways....
4 new...

old...
full stretch on board.......darkslide guy...
girls tshirt...

new...
rotated and smaller sticker style...shirtless guys board...
image half as a tattoo.....shirtless guy...
image half enlarged and rotated....girls board....
image half enlarged to full tshirt.....shirt under the flannel....

so me and clay were thinking...

upload graphic....
rotate and enlarge on w.e. palette you want..

tattoo..
board...
shirt....
hat...

secret demzilla mind....

if i had two images on one graphic...
and i could manipulate ingame...

technically....
i now have two graphics on one template...

sneeky sneeky...

Roccityroller
09-16-2009, 08:54 AM
or two half graphics on one template... lol

ell595
09-16-2009, 10:09 AM
:D eh

PS3 Skater
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
cant wait for this !!! its going to be great, in my opinion they dont need anything else just a whole new city is good enough for me :D maybe a more interactive storyline cant wait for some more info. . . . . . .. . stoked!! :D:D:D

Demzilla
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
everyone on fluckit eventually says the same thing...

"they dont need anything else just a whole new city is good enough for me"

and its true...

love this place..

TGND83
09-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Looks like more of the same, which is good. All they ever needed to do was add more.

If darkslides and underflips are now possible I'm pretty sure casper's will be possible and hippy flips will be improved too.

If it's true that it's now possible to have text in your graphics, then imagine how awesome it'd be to have your name on your board like a proper signature deck.

Only thing that kind of annoys me is that the whole new co-op direction of the gmae is aimed at online gamers and communities and because I live in South Africa my online service is crap. None of the DLC for Skate 2 was available to download in the South African Playstation store and I've yet to upload a replay to skate.reel, I keep getting an error.

I'm just glad that it sounds like the graphics, skate park creator and video editing things are included in the game.

The special pre-order code thing pisses me off though! Just include it in the game and stop milking people. Skate has a big enough fan base as it is. You're not getting new customers by promising them a special code if they pre-order. The people who actually know what Black-Box Distribution is and what their skate park actually looks like are fans of Skate already and are going to buy Skate 3 anyway, you don't need to sucker them in.

I hope I can snap my board now...

Jakeblueisballin
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
The thing about Fluckit that I love, is that, you guys don't complain. You take what's given to you, and you like it.
I'm sure more things will be revealed later on. Like more tricks and stuff.
I sooooo want a demo, with 30 minute timer, with mini tutorial in beginning. Skate1 style.

Demzilla
09-17-2009, 05:52 AM
man i was thinkin about a demo...

going off history...

we got another 6 months to beg...

and yes...
30 min timer...
tutorial that doesnt take up time...

Roccityroller
09-17-2009, 06:08 AM
So now, do the no comply, crazy legs and superdude glitches stay or do we search for a new way to escape? Lol

Jakeblueisballin
09-17-2009, 06:27 AM
So now, do the no comply, crazy legs and superdude glitches stay or do we search for a new way to escape? Lol

I think no comply glitch would be in 3 for some reason.

madsser
09-17-2009, 07:43 AM
i seriously hope that at least the crazy legs and no comply glitch is in there..
i never really used the superdude glitch..

always hated it, cause you can only do it on flat ground..
annoying ass shit..

lols..

Tubilakken
09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
I just want to be able to catch fliptricks with either front or back foot...

Jakeblueisballin
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I just want to be able to catch fliptricks with either front or back foot...

I don't. That would get super annoying. I like skates simplicity.

quetonto1
09-17-2009, 11:19 PM
great news but...........and i can't really predict but seeing that 5-0 at the end its still going to be abit unrealistic

and i mean it won't really spoil the game just i would have liked it to been hard to do easier things but its early still

hospital flips :] kickflip then quick shuv ? maybe that would be sick

and another theory i have is that, underflips and darkslides were used/created by one guy and that one guy not on the list for the new tony hawk

being RODNEY MULLEN :] now that could be very sick

madsser
09-18-2009, 12:42 AM
holy fuck yes..
rodney mullen in skate3..
wooow..

mamba12
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
hopefully the park editor works well. there're some spots in my city that i'd like to recreate.

Get Stoked
09-20-2009, 10:45 AM
...and the flucking begins.

Mac
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
First post since god knows when!

So, Skate 3 is officially announced and not too far away. I must admit I expected this, but didn't hope for it; I was hoping they'd put a year+ more of devolpment into the game and really make the realism happen. Stuff like realistic catching and so. Just like Skate 2 was dubbed Skate 1.5 by many lads - me included -, this could easily just be Skate 2.5. Heck, even Skate 1.9. New tricks, a new locations, an update in feature, alright, that's nice, but not too wild. I must admit I think that there can be two reasons for them to releasing a new one so soon:

a) It's fucking EA, they do this with every single sports game they've got. I was hoping the Skate franchise was to be the big exception. Sigh.

b) They need to give the new Tony Hawk game some competition, so they rush out a new game as fast as they possibly can.

Heck, it can even be both points.
Not too happy about this, but you know what?

I'm gonna get it.

ell595
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
If anyone who has posted on this forum, or even EA for that matter, said that they weren't going to buy the game, they'd be liars.

And the way I saw the trailer, it looked to me that catching tricks has been implemented. A darkslide is a flip caught half way round, surely we could let it flip the other half and catch it late or early.

TGND83
09-27-2009, 02:08 AM
One of my favourite spots in Skate was the bank to fence at the school. I would have downloaded it for Skate 2 if it was available from my country's playstation store. I hope there is something like it in Skate 3.

It would have been kewl if EA had asked the communities which spots from the previous games they'd like included or recreated in Skate 3.

Antwan
09-27-2009, 02:50 AM
I would like to see things more realistic in terms of
environment actions.. sliding making skid marks....
fences bending when you tap em..etc.