PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go - New Solo

ntothes412
09-26-2009, 08:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1ckQ9AXhs

My newest solo. All comments are appreciated. Music: At The Drive-In - Metronome Arthritis

Steve182
09-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Love the filming and some great tricks in there, nice job on the video :cool:

Antwan
09-26-2009, 09:35 AM
fav at 1:24 beastin that piv..

A lot of lasers and treys, camera angles need work
creativity made it a pretty good watch though..
I only say needs work because It's hard to see some things
when zoomed out.. the zoom out for big gaps is nice but
it seems like most of it was too far out.

eflixxx
09-26-2009, 11:31 AM
fakie rickflipmanny at cc was very nice aand last gap looked good. otherwise abit too many flip ins and outs. intresting part tho

ntothes412
09-26-2009, 12:09 PM
thanks for watching guys. glad you enjoyed it because I enjoyed making it.

ntothes412
10-21-2009, 10:08 AM
bump

GymAllstar
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Take this for what it is worth bro, but you have a TON of potential with this video... here are a couple things a liked and a few things you could work on for your next edit..

Highlights:
- The gap in your signature is Dope.. I want to go hit that up right now, how you filmed it and landed it were very stylish .
- The revert/thing at CC was nice too...
- Good thoughtout lines throughout the video were solid

Things to take note of:

-Get rid of the watermark - At this stage in the videos getting put out, that shouldn't be there ..
-Some of the filming was good, but a lot of the lines filming just looked awkward for some reason. Maybe zoom in to about 35/40 MM instead of the fisheye for the lines. And try to change the view a little instead of JUST being behind the skater the whole time, try to go from the front or go from front to side and back to mix it up. That will keep it interesting throughout the whole video..
- Relax with the flips/shuvs into and out of everything.. sometimes just going off the ledge/rail without popping off into a trick looks soooo much smoother than just throwing that in there every time

Like I said, take it for what it is worth (I am, by no means, a skate video editing master) but a few people gave me a few tips on editing a long time ago and it helped me a ton... otherwise, good job man, and let's see what you got for next time around

ntothes412
10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Thank you for taking the time to give all that feedback man. It means a lot to me. All your solos are crazy good so you saying that mine was mostly good is really cool.

Also thanks for liking that transfer in my sig. I though it was so sweet when I landed it, but you're the first person to even mention it.

I really appreciate all the tips as well. I can see my clips improving all the time. I think its just comes with practice and taking cues from shots I liked in other solos.

As for the flip ins and outs...I try to do stuff thats a little challenging in game, and just grinding seems boring when I'm filming for a solo. I try to just grind or ollie on some stuff, but I also take a lot from real skate films I watch too. A lot of pros now a days don't do a lot of straight grinds or ollies unless its on something super gnarley. I do get a little carried away sometimes, but thats just the way I like to play. I like the way it looks so I leave it. I feel it sets my solos apart from other realistic ones. I mean you gotta remember. It is a game. Some of the things I do may not be done by pros now, but I bet in 5 years it will all be happening on a regular basis.

whoa...sorry for ranting. Just saying. I'm not always looking for smooth. sometimes i want people who watch it to say, "damn, i wonder how many tries that took to get right?" Ya know?

thanks again and keep up your work, too. I'm stalled for now with RROD and no warranty. : (

GymAllstar
10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
No problem man, I understand what you are saying about the pop-outs of grinds... it is a matter of personal preferance...

But just so you know.. i AM stealing that shot and gap.. haha

ntothes412
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
go for it. more people will see it in one of your vids. what you gonna try over it? just an air or what?

if you can, let me know when you get some skate.reels up so i can check them out.

knexzor
10-22-2009, 03:20 PM
there was some sketchy filming at times, and the edit could have been better
besides that I really think this was a good video. lots of interesting tricks
here are the ones I liked most:

0:11 i'm calling that a fs flip
0:24 nollie 270 front lip to fakie
0:32 kickflip
0:39 transfer
1:23 fakie bigheel to manual SICK
2:18 360flip fs feeble at gvr (flip out was too much)
3:10 back nose nollie bigflip to back tail (flip out too much)
3:15 back nose sexchange heelflip to back tail
3:35 bigflip hurricane

ntothes412
10-22-2009, 05:30 PM
thanks a lot man. I appreciate that you pay attention to the individual tricks. It seems like most people don't care what tricks are done. Maybe people that skate IRL notice the tricks more then people that just play skate. IDK

oh... and 0:11 was a fs big flip. it looks weird with the hardflip, though.

i'm also really glad someone else likes 3:10 and 3:15 the flip out was on accident.