PDA

View Full Version : Official Skate.3 Nugget Thread

ell595
09-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Ok, so now Skate.3 has been confirmed, Cuz is back to his usual kooky self, and with triumphant his return, comes the return of his pointless ramblings. And with his pointless ramblings come the small NUGGETS of not so pointless information.

And I thought that we needed a place to post all the things we find. So i created this thread :) .

This is what I found in his most recent blog (25th Sept). "But, then someone pitched "Push". Hmmm.....How about a game where you pushed blocks around of various sizes, weights, and frictional co-efficients? Perhaps with different styles. Sounds intriguing. But also intriguing would be a skate game with a few different pushes. What to do...what to do?"

Is it just me or does it sound like objects are gonna actually have weight and frictional co-efficients? Makes sense because all objects had the same "weight", from the small kickers to the big dumpsters. Thoughts?

Peace,
Ell.

SonicKaos
09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
When I read that, I was more thinking that he's refering to multiple push styles... like from the First Skate.

Jake
09-26-2009, 09:13 PM
really love the idea of this thread!
i think that it is referring to either weights or maybe different kinds of pushing styles, not to sure.

Antwan
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Sweet post, this would be awesome..
I hate having to set things up against trees
or other things with weight just to get it from flying or tipping.

Jake
09-26-2009, 09:25 PM
yaaa, personally i think that they need to make sure that the objects don't tip over so easily.
i dont know.
good or bad idea?

Antwan
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
The weight on an object with the weight of a tree or something else
naturally found in the environment could produce something
amazing with the right creativity..
I think he's hinting us to a few things and I can't wait :cool:

ell595
09-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Both styles and the object weight thing would be great. I still don't understand why styles got left out of S2

Antwan
09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Probably because they rushed it..
they rushed 1 they rushed 2..
if they rush 3 there's going to be a 4
I know it because they will miss stuff
if they rush it like they have been

scharkey
09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm hoping he means multiple styles for skaters..

sounds good though, bringin my hopes up for sure!

Hitmanx123
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
I really don't know what else to say except that I'd like to have more styles and diferent animations for your skater. A more city like city, and much deeper customization. The story isn't as important but I guess that could use some more work in terms of replayabilty and challenges. But yeah pretty much styles are my main concern

Get Stoked
09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
In game Fluckit Chat Box?? That'd be sick.

Roccityroller
09-29-2009, 11:22 PM
In game Fluckit Chat Box?? That'd be sick.

+eleventy billion

Demzilla
10-01-2009, 12:26 PM
nugget....

il say sure to style options..

why...

logic...
they already have the animations..
so why dont we just yeah...squeeze that there..
bam..
8 months later a baby boy is born with more steez than steve mcqueen...

Demzilla
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
oh wait..

i do love the weight comment though..

but that could relate to movables and not people so thats a iffy situation..

id call for back up....

blackhawk17
10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Probably because they rushed it..
they rushed 1 they rushed 2..
if they rush 3 there's going to be a 4
I know it because they will miss stuff
if they rush it like they have been

they didnt rush skate 1. they worked on it for 3 years.

but hopefully skate 3 will be so epic there is no need for a 4th. just alot of downloadable content :D

Antwan
10-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Well if you want to get into that..
Sure you're correct I did miss word it
They keep setting dates and don't finish when
the dates come so in the end the project is rushed.

I'm interested to read an interview on skate 3..
What influenced the mullen approach?
Why was the underflip slow-mo in the teaser?
Makes me wonder..

blackhawk17
10-02-2009, 06:11 AM
yea they did have a lot of dates set. so in the end it did feel rushed. but im curious as well at why there going with the mullen aproach. hopefully if its done right there might be some good looking flat ground stuff

robley
10-02-2009, 06:27 AM
i was going to comment in this but i couldn't type anything that wasn't filled with hate.

not about the game. i'm excited about the game.

more about absolutely batshit retarded speculation.

mamba12
10-02-2009, 08:16 AM
at least people are being optimistic, not like at EA.

i wonder if bretesh ever enjoys anything.

Get Stoked
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Skate doesn't need more and more tricks each year, we just need more obstacles, new cities, etc...

The Tony Hawk franchise did that early on, added a shit ton of ridiculous tricks and then it got cheesy.

I'm sure that Skate. will never be a bad game and I'm also positive that you don't have to do all of these new tricks. You can film realistic still regardless...

I would like to see the ability to change your clothes online, be able to use skate.REEL online, a more in depth graphics editor. I would like the graphics editor to have the option to use a digital drawing pad rather than just shapes and what not.

Antwan
10-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I think we're a little off topic here.. let's just wait for more nuggety goodness

Demzilla
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
if movables have more weight..

then wouldnt it take longer to move?.....

that concept sucks....

bene317
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
at least people are being optimistic, not like at EA.

i wonder if bretesh ever enjoys anything.

I think the answer to that is clearly 'no.' ;)

Demz: more weight might mean longer time spent on moving, and stacking, but it can also mean that objects will stay in place better--that would be a good thing

robley
10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
i wish there were some sort of insta-move option. i hardly ever fuck with movables because it's such a pain in the ass. a lot of times when i say that, i encounter "it's worth the work" but work is not why i play video games.

Antwan
10-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Fluck more weight..
give us a tools guy with a car.. drill that sucker in the ground!

Get Stoked
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
There should just be an option to set it as unmovable and an option to set it movable once placed. While you're moving it though, it should be extremely light and maneuverable.

Antwan
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
There should just be an option to set it as unmovable and an option to set it movable once placed. While you're moving it though, it should be extremely light and maneuverable.
Yes.

Hitmanx123
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
i dont even know what i want in skate anymore, like i could try to make a list but i highly doubt the devs take a lot of consideration in our ideas....like i just want it to come out just cause now....

Get Stoked
10-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, there could be an ideas thread made that's specific to ONLY LISTS and no replies outside of posting your list of wants in Skate. 3.

I could then compile a list of my favorites from all of your suggestions and send it over to EA and they would most likely take it into consideration (if production isn't too far along and they could still incorporate the ideas).

Antwan
10-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Man I didn't realize how accurate pawnluv's Ideas were for speed, new AI
and everything else until my little skate2 sesh today..
So many things bother me about the game.. it's frustrating really :o

EternalRewind
10-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Werd^

StrabMawr
10-15-2009, 01:32 AM
hello again peeps.....found some nuggets of info...make of them what you will

EA is touting ‘team-based challenges’ in Skate 3, citing a cultural aspect of rival gangs vying to be the best. The co-op stuff can be performed on and offline, as well, allowing gamers to team up and form their own crews in an effort to be the best one around. No hint has been given as to what the challenges set by the game are – the team aspect plays into progression, however, as better players can help pull you further through your skater’s career.

An apparently ‘beefed-up’ version of the Hall of Meat mode rears its head, this time around, hopefully with exponentially more brutal physics than before. It seems that EA and Black Box are slowly tapping into a new audience with Skate, attempting to bring down the series’ notorious difficulty, which has previously sent some of the folks in our office into a facepalming rage. The new one has a feature called skate.School, which sets the bar to different heights on challenges and moves, depending on how shit you are at it. Casual gamers, we imagine, will profit the most out of the changes.

Demzilla
10-18-2009, 09:22 AM
"this time around, hopefully with exponentially more brutal physics than before."

you cant have more brutal physics without improving the current physics..

i brought this up at ea and no one understood that...

incredible information...

DuhraL
10-18-2009, 12:18 PM
"this time around, hopefully with exponentially more brutal physics than before."

you cant have more brutal physics without improving the current physics..

i brought this up at ea and no one understood that...

incredible information...

I didn't even think about that. Nice find.

Antwan
10-18-2009, 03:05 PM
More brutal..
the game's going to be harder than it is?
Oh, joy.