PDA

View Full Version : Gym AllStar - Something for Nothing (Threat)

GymAllstar
09-30-2009, 03:55 AM
Well I stepped away from skate for a little while but still been watching everyone's videos in the meantime. Skating was getting stale and my edits just felt ..... like I was forcing myself to put stuff together instead of feeling inspired.

So after watching some new footage from everyone, I recently put skate back in and felt refreshed again so I was able to come up with some nice footy that came together nicely... I know I dont have anywhere NEAR the amount of clips as everyone putting out "throwaway" videos which are all prbably better than this, but enjoy it anyways..

Something for Nothing - solo by AllStar - WEGAME Version (http://www.wegame.com/watch/Something_for_Nothing/)

Youtube Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sq9BJdS92M) - HQ should be up at some point - WEGAME version is Much Better quality

Antwan
09-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Man that was good..
this is the first time I've had to type this but
some of the shots were way too close

Other than that completely dope

skate more.. I want to see it.

eflixxx
09-30-2009, 04:57 AM
i liked it =)

regading the "too close" comment, theres is no such thing as too close but i know what you mean, i prefer wider angles in close shots too, but theres no law stating it.

(for me skateboading looks best if shoot with fisheye (12-16 mm) or in zoomed longshots at 100mm+, but im an egghead sorry)

Roccityroller
09-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Watch some of the old Cuban B videos from when S2 first came out. Gym's been doin close shots since day one. You can never be too close. Especially when you are Gym Allstar

Edit: Gym gym gym gym gym.... That was, imo, your best solo yet. had an incredibly killer vibe and feel to it and the tricks looked like they we just supposed to happen, like you weren't even playing, just letting the sticks move. I really don't know how to explain it.

I liked the cams, they were very "GymAllstar-ish" but they accented the right parts of the tricks well, i WISH i could film like that.

And the ender? I've been on a fakie tre kick lately... it was awesome.

Antwan
09-30-2009, 05:10 AM
I was just stating an opinion

I couldn't see some of the stuff he set up
because it was nothing but board..
guess that was the goal?

mamba12
09-30-2009, 06:07 AM
damn, gym. that was CRAZY good. that's like classic gym right there.

don't know how you did half the tricks in there. did you turn off auto-grind? thinking manual on the skinny ledge.

but wow, did everything look great. filming complimented the tricks perfectly, especially with the tweaked shit.

heshfield
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
nice work, gym; good to see you back to the grind (bad pun). I really liked the 180 step up to sw noseslide manny on the bench; good line there. fakie 3flip tailslide was also very good.

thebullet
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
i think close filming has always been a triple threat requirement. Anyways, nice work man, i really liked that switch heel backlip, and that frontcrook shuv out. Ender was rad too, that's not an easy spot to get stuff on.

GymAllstar
09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
hesh - "I really liked the 180 step up to sw noseslide manny on the bench; good line there"

Hesh-glad you liked that set up line man... that is a tight, technical area in the stacks and when I saw it I had soooo many ideas go through my head...it is hard enough to get ON that bench straight, let alone 180 onto for switch... so big thanks for the comments man, appreciate it

Huge thanks to Antwan, Eflixx, Roc, Bullet, and Mamba for the coments as well..

Antwan, I sent you a PM regarding the Cams... Watch some other stuff form me and you'll see my cams are usually closer to the skater's feet/board than mostly all other videos out there. I like to combine fisheye with long shots, but also throw in some close shots ... it is just my style and something I have always liked doing since I started filming. Sometime it is hard to see the setup and may be a little TOO close, but to me it looks more like someone is filming skating next to the skater and getting right in there for the close shot - looks more realistic to me as well. more detail to be shown and with these graphics, I think it looks awesome up close. Antawn , I apprecaiate the comments completely though... always open for suggestions.

saunders420
09-30-2009, 12:00 PM
really really good
:eek:

frontcrook poplessshuv in old town

robley
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
if you ever leave again, i'll break your thumbs.

only smooth back foot flip out of a slide i've ever seen.

knexzor
09-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I've always enjoyed those TT high fps videos, you guys make it look so good.
Also I like your filming, because it suits your style of skating. Hell, if I filmed like that my vids would not be very entertaining lol

Crooks popless shuv was TASTY

Great video man!

GymAllstar
10-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Saunders, Robley, and Knexor thanks for comments fellas.

That Crooks popless shuv was an afterthought and it seems it got mentioned in every comment, damn, gotta do those more often with the slow-MO

Just watched Magic Potion again and it is a wonder I have ANY views after watching THAT video... DAMN... that thing needs to be Stickied on this forum!

Everyone killed in that video

SeksulChokolate
10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
damn gym that was sick
i agree with rocc...probably your best solo yet
filming was very TT like and love the quality
tricks were insane
loved your sesh at that back alley near the matrix plaza

GymAllstar
10-04-2009, 05:20 PM
damn gym that was sick
i agree with rocc...probably your best solo yet
filming was very TT like and love the quality
tricks were insane
loved your sesh at that back alley near the matrix plaza

Thanks Choc.. and thanks for the help with the tweaks.... maybe you will see some in the near future ..

GymAllstar
10-10-2009, 08:46 PM
I know bumping is a big NO NO but I am drunk so fuck it..... You should watch this again anyways. Hahaha. I think the word enJoi is the new enjoy so.... EnjOi.... A Threat is coming bitches

mamba12
10-10-2009, 09:03 PM
i'm mamba12 and i approve this bump.

seriously glad i watched this again.