PDA

View Full Version : B.P.S. Volume I

Antwan
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Broad Perspective Skating Volume I

Thanks to PawnLuv again, ender is killer just watch for that if nothing else.
Enjoy.

yTGMfH8Y43o

pawnluvguitarist
10-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Loved the creativity with this one man, and the filming was much better this time around...

Was fun editing to that song, loved the chill vibe it gave the skating...

What does B.P.S. stand for again?

Antwan
10-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Haha thanks Broad Perspective Skating added to post
Guess I didn't really make that clear..
added to video description too.

saunders420
10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
always wonder if there was a spot to do the airwalk with feet touch on each side and youve found it

well done

Antwan
10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah I've found a few of them..
I did it there by complete accident
once I realized I could
I kept doing it till I got it legit as possible..
Richie Jackson style!

thesignguy
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
creative I will give you that, but I have the same problem that I did with your last vid. You have really good unique ideas, but its like the first time you come close to landing it you give up and "settle" spend a little more time on each trick getting it not so glitchy or not a bad landing, or a willies.

I think if you did this you would be good, like REALLY GOOD!
but to each there own, you skate how you want, who am i to tell you what to do

Antwan
10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
I like the way they looked.
I'm interested to know what looked 'glitchy'..you didn't imply anything
I am assuming.. everything?

thesignguy
10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
:37 blunt to blunt
1:10 running across when you hippied
1:23 was just mehhh, just looked all kinds of wrong
1:48
2:00 i know you were going for the footslide on the rail, but it just doesnt look right
3:00 going into a willies there just made no sense

Like i said though you could have something really cool
but when you ask people to watch more than once i give my honest opinion

Antwan
10-05-2009, 01:02 PM
:37 blunt to blunt
1:10 running across when you hippied
1:23 was just mehhh, just looked all kinds of wrong
1:48
2:00 i know you were going for the footslide on the rail, but it just doesnt look right
3:00 going into a willies there just made no sense

Like i said though you could have something really cool
but when you ask people to watch more than once i give my honest opinion
Honestly, I expect it the first time..
I disagree
but those are your opinions
I completely respect that.
I think people are letting their game standards
over ride what skateboarding is about
fun..
What I consider Glitchy would be a foot going threw the board,
jumping visual images..
I will agree that the blunt2blunt was glitchy looking..
that's because it was a glitch.. some things were done on
accident some on purpose.
All in good fun, I appreciate the feedback.

pawnluvguitarist
10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
First of all, I'll say right now, you definitely have the creativity down, you have lots of unique ideas and your own style...

I think what you need to work on are the little subtleties, clean things up a bit, add some more "special" moves, ie popless, bonks, ungrindables, hippies ect. I saw you did a few ;)

I think for a few tricks you should have payed more attention to the minor details, like cleanliness or trick selection. For some sequences it seemed like you just threw in an easy fliptrick at the end just for the hell of it. Try to think along the lines of if the trick is just filler, or does it actually add depth to the sequence...

One major thing that doesn't really show in the final product, but was very clear during my editing, was that on a lot of clips you kept almost no roll away after the trick and had virtually no cruising time before the pop. Basically you went right from pumping to doing your ollie. Its more visually pleasing, realistic and easier for editing if you leave a good second or two of cruising time before/after each trick...

:13 blunt around the circle, great idea, but the heelflip out kind of took away more than added value. A good clean "brake button tap" roll out would have worked great in that situation...would have added instead of subtracted, ya know?

:18 a well executed slappy, but a lower pop out would have been more visually pleasing...

:23 a very clean wallride :)

:26 was very smooth but the ollie in could have lower, and how about a popless kickflip out? Not needed, but it would be the icing on the cake...

35: amazing idea, what is that object? haha...But there was a little twitchiness before the tre flip...Thats just about quality control, not being satisfied until its perfect...

:55-1:01 was great work on the rails and barrels, i really enjoyed that.

1:10 came out surprisingly somewhat clean considering the obstacle in question...But personally I wouldn't have been satisfied until i got a clean landing on the ground, not halfway off like you did...

1:18 cool idea on the landing :)

1:30 ghosting, gotta look out for that, but nice pivot nollie treflip out though ;)

1:45 bonk could have been cleaner, and the revert thingy was kinda glitchy looking, just not as appealing to me as a simple revert shuv in that situation. Cool concept though, although i swear i remember someone else skating it that way ;)

1:58 probably the weakest trick of the vid, almost didn't put it in. Two things, one, your guy is still pumping like a foot away from the tip of the ramp. You should have set your marker farther away to have room to smoothly ride up the ramp instead. Secondly, the first footplant was kind of glitchy, although its quite possible that it can't be done cleaner so who knows... I kept this in because of the creativity.

2:02 same thing, you are pumping up the ramp, it just doesn't look good, although in the situation it might not have been possible...Nice ungrindable though...The flip at the end took away from the whole thing though, a nice popless 180 or something would have really worked well...

2:32, really didn't like the inward heel, just a smooth, low roll out was really what was needed...

2:38 nice ungrindable :) I need to explore out there more ;)

2:45 beautiful, loved the idea, but I wouldn't have settled on the sideways landing...

2:46 again, give yourself more time between that last push and the ollie...Good job on that gap though, I know its harder than it looks...

2:58 amazing idea, would have been my fav trick if it weren't for the willy, keep it 50-50 and its gold :)

3:10 major glitch, you are in the nollie stance, then at the last second you slide to regular then 360 flip...Again, quality control...

ender was beast...but if you landed back on the sign and rolled away, minds would have been blown...

Hope this review helped, tried to be as brutely honest as possible.

As I said earlier, you got the creativity, you just have to polish things up a bit...Cut some of the unnecessary stuff out, clean up the glitchiness, add on some popless ect

I think you have some serious potential :) Looking forward to more of your work

skelli_bonez
10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
wow pawn u should get that post published lolz

holy mack a rel

Antwan
10-06-2009, 12:25 AM
:cool:
Thanks for the review..
I'll work on it..
signguy, Don't take me personally.. was thinking aloud with that last post.

bene317
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Finally got the chance to watch this a couple times, and I'm not sorry. Vid was a good watch.

*About the slow-mo: it worked for awhile but it kinda got old, the pace was absolutely glacial--to me skating is fast not slow; just my honest opinion. On the other hand, there were some really nice shots in there that might not have looked as good w/o the slow-mo.

-likes: 0:51 was gnar--very creative and fun, 1:14--loved that huge drop, 2:12, 2:43--pole-jam to nailslide? :eek:, 3:19--Richie Jackson, anyone?

-dislikes: none, really; some of the stuff was a little meh to me but so what?

*Suggestions: keep it up! there were a few ghosts and panbacks, but other than that...

Antwan
10-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks bene..
yeah everyone is noticing how I slacked haha..
panbacks and stuff, it's all good.
Taking time with the next one
working on a promo right now.
Yes the ender was inspired by richie entirely.
I didn't get to lines this run but the next one ohh..
I can't say too much
but it has a little bit of everything.;)