PDA

View Full Version : me and anchors, doin our thaaang (collab, hoooray)

thebullet
10-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Anchors has always been one of my all time favorites, so i was pretty stoked when he was up for doing a little collab. hope you all enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hWBfzREYNY

Stevland
10-08-2009, 05:39 AM
yes. full of win. loved the pacing with the fast beasties and the slow whatever it is. fs flip to skinny to switch fitty's my favorite.

also: glad i'm not the only one doing typos ;)

SupaFly
10-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Holy shit,is there a bullet fan club,sign me up,i want the stickers,t-shirts,travel mugs the whole fucking enchilada,seriously....

eflixxx
10-08-2009, 06:32 AM
i dont even know what to say about this one.

im baffled.

knexzor
10-08-2009, 06:39 AM
dropped a comment at ea...
I forgot to mention the edit. Doesn't get much better

HorseHead
10-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Two of my favorites in one video. Stoked. That was amazing. Edit, tricks, filming were all perfect. Thanks for ruling so hard.

robley
10-08-2009, 06:53 AM
i liked the intro because what were you guys looking at? i liked the ending because the music made it seem like this was edited after you guys died.

i could take or leave the skating jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk

was anchors doing popless stuff???

the skinny manny we talked about before ruled so hard.

eflixxx
10-08-2009, 06:54 AM
third watch in the span of 20 mins (im at work and have nothing to do, thats got nothing to do with it tho)

scribbled down some stuff:

103 cabkffrontnose to fakie nosegrind
112 front blunt
134 hardflip over the road
205 bsts to switch front crock.. noone does the doublegrinds better than you
239 biggie bsts to front blunt.. best transfer ever.
315 bsnbsshuv looked awesome
326 switch biggie, OG gap, thats a pickle, espessialy going backwards
415 frontheel to skinnyass landing
426 nollie airwalk (i hate the name "tailwalk") goalposts.. hecka killin
440 bullet, tweaked inwardheels.. master
448 a very small and ugly 3flipnoseslide.............. KILL ME WONT YOU

i had lurked your doubles online so i had a hunch something like this was coming =) but dammit, you strike hard!

Jack
10-08-2009, 08:37 AM
ohhh, two of my favorite dudes.
first, the filming was amazing, every trick was captured perfectly

second, you both destroy everything.

anchors
hardflip at that streetgap . . . grrrrrrowwwlllllll.
skinny landing 5050
nollie tailwalk to the street, that's the sicksickness

bullet
sw hurry the gold rail . . . and the gold rail is now retired, fuck,
fakie inward heel, nice catch

sw inward heel tail revert, dude, your fingers are made of gold
and your double grinds have achieved some kind of zen status, no,

wizard status

that's what this shit is . . . wizard.

Skatehead
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
my brain melted a bit...:confused:
amazing guys simpliy amazing..
jems...
the whole thing..
next i want a anchors/ heshfield & bullet/southy....2 collab ideas.
nice work guys.

GymAllstar
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
2 of my fav. skaters killing it once again... Damn, this one came out of nowhere..

Anchors - always bringing the raw skating - your 180 gaps should be patented - noone does them the same way you do.. we all have the same game disc but yours' came with a special "180 Gap" DLC style or something man! Creative lines and even some popless thrown in there that I have not seen from you too much... Somehow your cams always make the skater come to life and seem like I am really looking through the lens taping it myself (kind of weird I know, but hard to describe - good however you look at it)- great stuff..

Bullet - Somehow you put out 14 Throwaway solos per week, 3 full parts, and 2 Solo's per week and your stuff is ALWAYS fresh and stylish.. Like wine.. better with age man - Just when i think your cams are not gonna get much better - you come out with some new looks with it and it kills every time - The subtle change of camera view when you do a simple 180 within a line is amazing (going from behind skater to in front) and I am not sure everyone always points those specifics out but I notice that and those little details add so much with your filming.. besides from filming, skating was rad as always and double grinds looked great too (I hate you for them)

heshfield
10-08-2009, 01:09 PM
wow. this video kicked me square in the nuts; brutally magnificent. You jerks make me jealous with your cams, double grinds, and 2-song vids.

Anchs--fence noseblunt transfer, back tail kf, street gap hardflip, back noseblunt bigspin, bs bigspin over that gap--i gotta find that. most amazing was the fs heel to skinny ride-on sw 50-50 and nollie tailwalk the handy gap; i mean--c'mon.

Bullet--fakie tre sw front board, bs 180 to skinny, back tail sw crooks (that one hurt), narrow fakie manny kf, shuv back tail over to blunt. the sw inward tailslide though--holy crap. I would never be able to do that 3flip noseslide up the rail--prick.

Tremendous video, gents. Its collabs like this that make the world go 'round.

Anchors
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Damn Bullet that came out great man.

I really like the use of multiple parts.

That's cool of you to go back and get some of my spot shots, I never think to get those.

Mmmmmmmmmm, the lines you do...

You know you're the "Earl of Dubs" with all the double grinds.

Switch hurries?! I would chop a unicorn's horn off Legend-style to be able to do one of those.

Your gap to skinnys are always inventive.

Wow, that treflip nose. "There are none more blacker"

Pleasure working with you sir.

Roccityroller
10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Un-fucking-believeable... I don't know what to say.

I really liked this, the skating was killer and the editing was awesome.

The gap to skinny ledge green rail was my personal fave, sooo sick.

skHate88
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
presesnt win
i wish i liked beastie boys

blunt kiss the table @ 37
bullet's effortless double grinds haunt me
hardflip road gap
blunt UP the quarter whaaa
2:12 perfect cam
back 3 over rail tight landing
second track it's like the villian just crept into the room
front heel skinny
ender :eek:

this is why i don't review

bene317
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
absolutely hate the beastie boys but who cares?--this vid is fucking epic.

SeksulChokolate
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
sooo sick anchs/bullet
one of my favorite vids and two of my favorite skaters
you guys absolutely killed it
editing, filming, skating
top notch

great work guys

Antwan
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
You guys.. defied history today..
an anchor shot bullets.. and well.. quite frankly...
fuck history, full length collab please.

thebullet
10-09-2009, 07:00 AM
thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I was so stoked to be in a video with anchors, only because i have a huge mancrush on him and his skating. I love how he makes everything look so chaotic, aggressive and full of energy, and his trick selection...he only does stuff that looks good, and films it fantastically. He was/is a huge influence when i started making these silly videos. I used to watch his part in "Same as it ever was" every day to get motivated. I still watch it at least once a week.

a few responses

stevland: damn, PRESENSTS, what the hell?? I'm gonna use the "it was 1:30 in the morning and I was tired" excuse on that one

robley: yeah, what were we looking at? Second song, i heard it on RadioLab one morning and it sounded so haunting that i thought it might look cool. Maybe a little to overdramatic?? probably, but like I said, i'm a sucker for that stuff

Skatehead: I'd pay good money to see an anchors/hesh collab, and i'd also pay good money to be in a video with south

Jack/Anchors: I'd like to agree with you on the switch hurricane, and it was what i was goin for, but I just couldn't get one where it dipped down and locked into a true hurricane. Board kinda always just stayed level with the rail. I was kinda bummed on it, but glad you guys liked it anyways.

gym: they way you described anchors 180's is exactly how i feel, he just makes them look so good. Thanks also for nice review. cute baby.

skhate88/bene: yeah, beastie boys, i had my concerns about using them...but check your head holds a special place in my heart, it came out right when i started skating, which was when QUESTIONABLE came out. But i've always been drawn to that song, i dunno, it's so aggressive sounding. I tried so many other songs first but when i put GRATITUDE on the timeline and anchors lands that switch melon grab to the big beat, i was sold. I think it's the only song by them i'd ever use

everyone else: Thanks for the reviews, specially the few that did those playbyplays (eflixxx, yes!).

my personal favorite anchors clips:
-first trick, so powerful
-5050 bodyvarial
-loved that kickflip noseblunt transfer, i know that's an older clip, and i wonder how it hadn't been used yet
-tuck knee over the yellow rail and grass gap. You gave me another angle for that i should have used it to give that clip more justice
-backtail kickflip, i gotta find that spot one day
-hardflip street gap, that trick is so hard to pop big
-powerslide blunt, sooo sick. Another trick where now i wish i used the other angle you gave me for it as well.
-the three bigspin in a row, nollie bigspin, switch bigspin, and switch bigspin flip, the fliming on them all was amazing, ESPECIALLY the switch bigspin flip. I did a few tricks over that thing and could not figure out a good angle to use, but you did and made it look awesome
-blunt shuv to the street, was my favorite trick of yours. Looked so good
-Front heel, I wish i used that as the video ender, don't know what i was thinking
-Nollie airwalk, HOW did you NOLLIE that gap and make it to the street???

my stuff:
the two hardest tricks for me was for sure that backtail to switch front crooks. Who knows how many different occasions i tried to get that. Then when it happened it was completely out of the blue. I'm sure i'll never do it again cause i have no idea what I did to make it work that time. Second was that 5-0 bigspin on the bench into that skinny down ledge. Took me about 90 minutes, and i was bummed cause it looked like not a hard trick at all.

anyways, thanks all again for the kind words.

SupaFly
10-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I know what you mean about the tail to switch crooks bullet,i have tried to get that on several occasions,got it once on the library kinked rail but it looked like shit for some reason so i never used it,im staggeringly addicted to dub grinds right now,id say 3 in 5 clips im getting atm involve a dub grind,is there like a detox place i can go? lol.

thebullet
10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
oh dude i'm the same way. They are so addicting, whenever i'm trying to get stuff and failing, i just fall back on going somewhere to get a double grind. The only ones i can get on a semi-regular basis are backtail to 5-0 or noseslides to switch 5-0. Nose/tail to crooks, i just don't know how to do those anymore, and that was the first one i ever learnt how to do. Beasty's gotta help me out on those.

SupaFly
10-09-2009, 08:16 AM
wow,im exactly the same,first 1 i did was kf,fs tail to switch fs crook,now i cant seem to get those but i do a ton of bs tail to 5-0 now haha thats funny

Demzilla
10-09-2009, 09:04 AM
so i guess il give anchs and skatehead to psycho and then crawl into a ball till i die of famine.....

heshfield
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Hang in there demz. We need you.
But I feel better knowing bullet cant do the tailslide sw crooks again; that trick haunts my nightmares.

thebullet
10-09-2009, 12:27 PM
so i guess il give anchs and skatehead to psycho and then crawl into a ball till i die of famine.....

yeah, you can't leave us...you just can't

GymAllstar
10-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Well I have an addiction to Double Grinds, but I still bang my head against a wall when i try them... I can get a couple... Blunt to High Blunt on skinny ledges, Tail/Nose to Board, Board to Tail/Nose.. But Tail/Nose to Crooks is not working for me at all... Whatever I am doing with my left and right stick is not allowing me to get into crooks... I watch beasty/Bullet, and Supa's double's all day just to see the flow of it, but it will NOT WORK DAMN! Grrr.... any help would be awesome

thebullet
10-09-2009, 01:21 PM
i think a lot of it has to do with the right stick actually, like after you pop, push the right stick in the direction you want, like poke it to the 3 o'clock position after you pop, and i THINK that helps, but like I said, i haven't done one in so long, and i've just about given up trying. The ones i get are purely accidental. That backtail one i did, i was just crusing around and i was skating by i just backtailed that ledge for no reason, then just tried to double grind it just for the heck of it and magically locked into the crook, i just about had a heart attack and am so glad i was able to get out of it. I've never done a regular tail to anything though. I do think that 70% of it has to do on the spot though.

GymAllstar
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks Bullet - that was a fast response, damn - I spend so much damn time messing with them, you would think 1 time it would pop up into crooks... half the time I jump off the rail and half the time it is Tail to Tail or Nose to Nose... I got a couple sweet ones at the School with Nose to Front Blunt though.. But damn .. BeastySteez has gotten some nice Tail/Nose to crooks.. I just want 1 damnit!! I am gonna film it from 10 diff. angles when i get it too hahahha

SupaFly
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Its true that some dub grinds cant be done on certain ledges,even though they may look the same as any other ledge/no rhyme or reason that i can find for this so i just roll up to random ledges,if i cant get something resembling a dub grind with say 10-15 quick tries i assume that the ledge wont allow it and move on.When i first learned dub grinds it was at the TF flat bar,it allows for very easy dub grinds so i might suggest you go there for practice.

GymAllstar
10-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Supa - I am sorry for the terribly retarded question here but...... what/where is the TF flat bar TF meaning.... Flat bar meaning.....

Thanks

SupaFly
10-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Supa - I am sorry for the terribly retarded question here but...... what/where is the TF flat bar TF meaning.... Flat bar meaning.....

Thanks

the Flat yellow bar at the Training Facility :D

Anchors
10-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Shut it with that kinda talk.

ps I'm a total jerk, thanks for all the responses guys.

StompDatGoomba
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
ahhh omg i just OD on Dope SHIT!