PDA

View Full Version : New Cuz Blog.

Get Stoked
09-12-2008, 02:16 PM
New Cuz Blog:
Sep 12, 2008
Ah, The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Skaterats…
So, this weekend, Sunday, is going to be the 1st anniversary of the release of skate. People on the Grind have been talking about it for a while, and some have exhorted me to kick down some more new nuggets of educational edification. Being the namby pamby pushover that I am, I gathered a couple of info nuggets that I was going to drop in today's blog. We're talking new features nugs. The stuff that would hopefully satiate the rabid info seekers out there...at least for a few weeks. (Remember we don't have a release date yet...well, other than tomorrow.) The stuff is stuff I'm super stoked on, and I was pretty sure you would be too. Good stuff.

But...and you know by now, everyone has a big butt...a leak here, a premature announcemication there, and I was robbed of my glorious news delivering thunder. Next thing I know, I'm reading about a bunch of new features on IGN and wondering what the hell am I going to write about?

And then...my boy Sonic posts a thread making wild promises:

"...more info on all of the new "features" in the game that EB so graciously gave away!

So, look for the regular Cuz blog tomorrow... this time with a little less kook and a little more Skate 2 goodness!"

Whaaaaaaa?! Holy sheehaw! Me...turning down the kook?! C'mon, let's be serious. You might as well ask The Flash to take the bus. Not happening. And new info? Damn, there's not much more I can add that would still allow me to adhere to our masterfully designed marketing rollout and, more importantly, keep my job. Basically, I'm hooped.

What to do? What to do? I'm going to take a nap.

I Had a Dream...

Ah, refreshed and reinvigorated am I by the dream I did have. A dream of wonderful things and wicked Hubbas. A dream of buttery skating and harsh slams. A good dream. A Skate dream.

I recall one part in particular. It was as though I was playing a video game. One set in a burg called New San Vanelona. It was a town that was both vaguely familiar and refreshingly new...as though some weird, almost inexplicable, or better yet, Un-nameable, destructive force had unleashed itself upon this place I once knew. It was as if huge sections...neighborhoods...districts you might say... were deleted and replaced with wholly new and gnarly places to skate. And the places I did faintly recognize were different. A handrail here, a ledge there, a fountain yonder, and a new sculpture hither...things were decidedly different from what I remembered this place to be. It was cool. It was rad. It was so big. I got lost.

But what struck me most was that this town I used to skate in had changed at some sort of molecular, glue-like level. No longer were the props of life...benches, tables, garbage cans, conveniently launchable lawnchairs...static. Nay, these super skateable pieces of urban furniture were Dynamic, Moveable Objects. Let's call them DMO's for short. I bandied about this New San Van, moving a flatbar willy, and re-adjusting a dumpster nilly. (Huh? It was my dream and those are the words that came to me.) I recall at one point setting up a picnic table, skating at it, hippie jumping up onto it, running across the table and jumping back onto my trusty steed of a board as it exited the other side. Sweet.

Or at another spot, I seemed to get off my board and leave it at the bottom of a 10 set. I walked up the stairs without realizing I had left my board behind. Because it was a dream and I can do ninja stuff in dreams, I turned around and jumped down the stairs...landing on my board and rolling away. Hi-yaw!!!!!!!

Then, through the haze of post effects awesomeness I saw a spot that looked almost perfect. Almost. It was a ledge to big drop. But the ledge was too high to hit. It was just beyond my amazing ollie capabilities. But wait...what's that? A Barcelona bench. If memory serves me right...and it always does in a dream...it's a DMO. I can move it. So I did. A sick ollie to manual on the Barcy bench followed by a front smith on the ledge was the first attack on my new spot. It was sick. I proceeded to session the hell out the spot. I fully owned it. I was the man.

But, then I got to thinking...wouldn't it be cool if I could save this spot...just the way I set it up...and then send it to my friend's dreams to skate. Maybe I should set a high score or something and see if they could own...my spot? Seeing as I have Freddie Kreuger-like powers of dream connectivity, I managed to send my spot out to a bunch of friends...like my list of friends...like a friends list...yeah, that's it. They skated it. And dammit...someone owned it on me.

Disgruntled by my pwnage, I skated around the world a bit more. Before long I saw a group of skaters that I recognized from that friends list I keep. They were cruising around...skating free...but they also seemed to be engaged in some sort of activity. A free-skate activity. Hmm...intriguing...but not nearly as intriguing as the hoodies and hats they all were sporting. There was a sameness to their kits...as though they were a crew...or team. Each dude was rocking the same graphic on their clothes and board. Upon closer inspection...like real close...I paused the action and zoomed in...I can do that in dreams...I saw that the graphics had a "user-created" quality about them. Almost like my homies got all artistic on me and made their own graphics and slapped them on their boards and shirts and hats. Man, they looked like something out of Electric Boogaloo. I got scared and left.

I was starting to get tired of sleeping, but before I awoke myself...I can do that, too...I had a quick sesh at a new rail and ledge spot that I had never seen before. It was a dope spot, but what was even doper was all the pros that were there. Some I had met before in my old familiar San Van...Carroll, Way, Haslam, Cole...others were new to the scene. We're talking legends like Cards, and Koston, and a couple others I could barely make out...one looked like one of those Baker wild childs (no...I know who you're thinking of...not that wild) and the other looked...looked...looked French. Mon Dieu! It was Lucas Puig. Soooo sick. He started talking to me in French...I got supremely confused...and then woke up.

What a dream.

Ooo La La La La la La!

If you couldn't wade your way through all that uncreative crap above...I am pleased to officially announce...for those who have difficulty recognizing French skateboarders...Lucas Puig is in Skate 2! We're stoked he's in because he rips and is one of the chillest dudes ever. I got to hang with him for a few days a while ago and it was super fun. Here's a couple Lucas nugs (no pun intended...if you know what I mean)...he visited his first Hooters while on his trip with us and didn't think the wings were all that tasty...he is a hardcore DS player and flipped when he found out he was in Skate It for the DS (oops, was I supposed to announce that?)...and "Ooo-la-la-la-la-la-la" is an actual French expression, not just a cheesy tag-line from 70's era Sassoon Jeans commercials.

Lucas Puig

Welcome to the world of Skate, Lucas!

I'm going back to sleep.

Keep rolling,

Cuz

Corrine
09-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Jumping Jeosophat, that bit about user created graphics and the zooming in and just about everything. Gaaaaahhh.

Time to bring out the big guns

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/corrinemil/JamesBresclip.gif

Nelson
09-12-2008, 02:24 PM
can't wait to rocking a hoodlum blank or pro deck :)

KushKrashBOOM
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
wow :O
hoodlum decks :D
zooms... :rolleyes:
dreams!??! :confused:
Lucas!!!

nice bit of info to keep me happy :)
S2 will officially pwn

steezemachine
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
"Baker Wild Child" = Bryan Herman?

Hitmanx123
09-12-2008, 08:33 PM
hoodlum!!!! im high right now, yesss
welll if we have our own shit
maybe we shoudl just stikc to boards
cause i like the big girl shirt
u know what it is
HOODLUM!:eek:

AceMcCloud
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
...from waiting for some kick-ass new material about the game such as this from Cuz's blog. Or, anywhere else for that matter (besides those niw pics at 1up, stoked).

Things like that put me in a mood to...idunno, participate in another contest asap, right after the Lord of the Lines one?

Any Takers? I have some quality areas in mind.