PDA

View Full Version : Nov gi tease by qweets...

Demzilla
10-20-2009, 06:20 AM
from the kids table...

""I got my gameinformer today and i'm going to start with the tricks we saw in the trailer the underflip and darkslide..
The underflip is done by flicking a normal kickflip but then flicking it back downward real fast. The darkslide is done by doing a flip trick and holding RB or R1 to land on it upsidedown and not letting it do its full rotation.

There are supposed to be multiple ways to beat challenges rather than just one. They also included a feature called Skate School where it gives you feedback for your tricks and it tells you what to do to improve.

There are 3 main areas to Port Carverton, the university, downtown, and the industrial port.

There wont be any skate stops in the game or security guards. The university even has its own skate team.

Create-A-Park feature lets you build small to huge parks as you progress and share them with friends. As you go through the game your team will earn more things to use to put into your park. The game is all about teams and friends this time, so your buddies can come into your single player game and help you finish a challenge and everything.

On that note I'm guessing objects may be moveable online now if people can join into your single player game. Lets hope.""

fucking awesome...

thank you qweets....

Antwan
10-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Yes..stoked.

eflixxx
10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
no security = good
rb to slow down flip = hmm, maybe this can be used to our advantage (slower flips, etc?)
skateschool = gay
createapark = im sure this is gonna suck, but lets keep our hopes up.
3 main areas = too little variation :(

im stoked/afraid of whats to come

Antwan
10-20-2009, 06:34 AM
3 main areas..
just think OG Skate
Probably three main areas right?
with parks.. hidden spots.. and houses around the city.
They could be huge.. I hope so.

thebullet
10-20-2009, 06:47 AM
no security = good
rb to slow down flip = hmm, maybe this can be used to our advantage (slower flips, etc?)
skateschool = gay
createapark = im sure this is gonna suck, but lets keep our hopes up.
3 main areas = too little variation :(

pretty much my same thoughts exactly, i really hope the createapark is good. I remember tony hawk 2 kept me entertained for years because of that feature.

I'm a little afraid of all the team emphasis that's goin on. LIke, I love my team and all, don't get me wrong, but i dunno, seems like it might be to much of a hassle, like how often are all your friends on at the same time?? Well, for some that might be every night, but...i dunno. Eitherway, i'm still 100% stoked for this.

Demzilla
10-20-2009, 07:06 AM
everything sounds fantastic....

especially the create a park size...
i would like to get all the obstacles and make one giant monstrosity....

i thought the underflip would take more spastic flicking but one extra flick is perfect....

GO INTO DARKSLIDE FROM ANY FLIP TRICK!!!!!
man things are gonna get messy..
cant wait....
cant wait to go 2miles and hour and kick darkstall some ledges...
super awesome....

very happy about the new industrial...
PRAYING TO GOD I GET MY "FLAT BLACKS" HANDRAILS BACK....
with only 3 parts as apposed to skate2s 4..
i hope it stays the same size...
it would be greatly upsetting if the world was smaller....

NO SKATE STOPERS YAY!!!!!
NO SECURITY YAY!!!!!
we were just talkin bout that last night....

as for create a park..
POLE JAMS PLEASE GOD!....

andersatan
10-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Im pretty stoked on this, I like the sound of the areas, and as long as the create a park editor is well done, then we'll never run out of spots.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, 3 areas compared to s2's 4 doesn't seem that bad. It's like if they got rid of that stupid mountain and made all the other parts just a little bit bigger each.

thebullet
10-20-2009, 07:16 AM
everything sounds fantastic....

especially the create a park size...
i would like to get all the obstacles and make one giant monstrosity....

i thought the underflip would take more spastic flicking but one extra flick is perfect....

GO INTO DARKSLIDE FROM ANY FLIP TRICK!!!!!
man things are gonna get messy..
cant wait....
cant wait to go 2miles and hour and kick darkstall some ledges...
super awesome....

very happy about the new industrial...
PRAYING TO GOD I GET MY "FLAT BLACKS" HANDRAILS BACK....
with only 3 parts as apposed to skate2s 4..
i hope it stays the same size...
it would be greatly upsetting if the world was smaller....

NO SKATE STOPERS YAY!!!!!
NO SECURITY YAY!!!!!
we were just talkin bout that last night....

as for create a park..
POLE JAMS PLEASE GOD!....

seeing you excited makes me more excited

Slamooh
10-20-2009, 07:30 AM
homo gang bang

Demzilla
10-20-2009, 07:54 AM
like you said bullet...

TH2 create a park was the reason i played for an extra 2 years...

if s3 allows me to add a rail..
and adjust its height and length..
ANYWHERE IN THE EDITOR....like th...

the game will never end...

im beyond excited for s3...

park edits....
new city...
new tricks..

lovely...

knexzor
10-20-2009, 08:44 AM

That's how I feel too. Weird feeling lol

Clayfighter
10-20-2009, 09:17 AM
im pretty excited by the possibilities, im also really excited by the fact that the main areas seem to be much more grounded and allow for a better variety in the sounding areas. i really want to see the park editor and im actually excited by the idea of what all this team interaction can have i mean if friends can drop in and help with challenges does this mean we can freeskate the whole city together or help with movables and the works ? only time can tell

Demzilla
10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
you know i was thinkin the same clay...
a school can only hold but so much...
a university is much bigger..
with alot more room for random areas like..
tennis courts..
bball courts...
parking structures....
specific building....like science/art/food/social/book store....

i live im tally so i understand the aspect of having a shit tone of stuff..
famu and fsu both have quite a bit of stuff to skate....

down town...
the obvious stadium....
but librarys....
post office...
courthouse....

industrial...
loading dock ports...
skating cargo itself.....geoff from extremely....

and as always...

the ares in between....

cant fuckin wait...

pawnluvguitarist
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM
not sure what they mean for underflips, "flicking it back down fast"

Im assuming you just do the opposite flip like kickflip quick heel ect

Demzilla
10-20-2009, 01:01 PM
mackboogie..
half ass scans...

as fallow...

-6 player max online....
-movables online w friends...
-domination replaces "own the spot" for team based spot orientated owning...
-create your own challenges..(talking about owning spots and stuff)

university is more open spaced.......
industrial is a lil more tightly packed in...

new producer...not blackwood...
boasts "more gnarly geomerty to skate..more extreme hills, falls, everything"
yes he said the e word...

tweaking off the board controls...

the career moves around making a team...
getting people on your team..
graphics..
and contests...
further you go the more the advertising for your team...
billboards and what not...
"spreading your teams identity is a key component for s3"...

pics...

i see a custom s3 board that covers from nose to tail..
FULL GC GAME FUCKIN ON....
-logo on hoody...
-tilted oversized s3 logo on the bottom right tshirt (bottom left if your wearing it)
-pic of a chick sitting down on the edge of some coping giving a gesture...

theres two parts to the article that i cant see..
one talks about underflips and darkslides...
i have no idea what the other has...too blurry...

Demzilla
10-20-2009, 01:22 PM
blurry part...

create a park stuff...

-create park out of objects your team has won...
-diff locations...
-objects range from "intimate" to "huge"....
-create challenges within park...share online...

thats that...

heshfield
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
the whole "team" aspect seems like it could be very limiting as far as needing the team to complete challenges and unlock stuff; either with AI teammates or real ones.
Underflips just sound like another way for the game to glitch out; I dont want to be underflipping when im trying to get a late flip.
Im excited about the new city and the identity its taking on (universities and industrial areas make for great skating)..as long as it aint a mess of 'copy and paste' like S2.
no security=awesome
no stoppers=idk, could care less; made for some new creative solutions trick-wise.
6 players max online=lame
"more extreme hills, falls, etc"=really LAME

Im really looking forward to the park editor as long as moving objects is done differently. And the full board GC will keep me entertained for a long while. If freeskate is still there with a better city, more varied spots that are scaled well, and more animations/styles are added, ill be happy.

SeksulChokolate
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't see how they are going to fit a ton of massive hills in between a university, downtown, and industrial park...so I'm really not too worried about that

To be completely honest, as long as it is possible to beat career and unlock everything with not a lot of hassle I'm fine. I usually just skate around and film so completing challenges isn't usually on my things to do.

Create a park: I'm really hoping BB comes through for us. It would make this game go to a whole different level. They talk about teams a lot, so I'm hoping they give us the right tools to make our "team park" or whatever you want to call it a hit.

....hmm no word on CAS

I'm not concerned with the university and downtown...I am concerned with the industrial park. I see this being a place littered with those damn full pipes, similar to the short cuts lining cougar mountain. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Overall, I'm pleased with what I've seen so far. Ungrindable darkslides seem very possible and like someone said before, catching fliptricks seem like a good possibility. GC is looking optimistic. It's still very early to even think about what this game is going to end up being. I think BB will make this skate. the best yet.

robley
10-20-2009, 05:04 PM
as long as i can skate things and film without having to beat career mode, STOKED. or as team manager and CEO of psychonaut pharmaceuticals, i can have the dudes unlock everything while i get rich.

Anjo606
10-20-2009, 07:44 PM
great, now tell me there are flatlands involved. not the guy "i can glide around for hours downhill on casper and primo" from tony hawk, but like when u do it friction does its work, and u can stall and do rodney mullen shit

Antwan
10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know if anyone caught on to this..
Skate2
just started noticing similarities to tony hawk
it's funny really..
guy sitting on a couch, you pick the gear..
VASES all around ledges..where you grind?
except on skate if you grind where a vase is you run into it and stop.
Anyone notice anything else? haha
oh yeah.. beer helms , crowns and the pimp hat.

Demzilla
10-21-2009, 06:36 AM
antwan....
months ago....
its called "appealing to your entire market audience"...

back to s3....

rob..
the article says the entire world is open from the beginning...
granted im sure theres gonna be plenty you have to unlock....

last night we were all talkin about the gc and how its going to implemented on everything...
billboards...
tees..
tattoos...
boards...

how it looks like you can enlarge and rotate images....

im pretty sure the new gc and create a park will hold me over alot longer than any city they could create...

and pending the layer amount...
multiple graphics on one template could possibly double your ingame images...

cough7dayscough....

pawnluvguitarist
10-21-2009, 08:19 AM
time to speculate...

Its R1 to stop the board mid flip to darkslide...

Lets assume that is holding R1, to stop it completely upside down...

What if just tapping it slowed the flip down but it still finished...

Like the pushing where you have half and quarter pushes, maybe we'll have different speeds of clips...

HorseHead
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
as long as i can skate things and film without having to beat career mode, STOKED. or as team manager and CEO of psychonaut pharmaceuticals, i can have the dudes unlock everything while i get rich.

I'm going to come into your career and do my best to ruin it. I'm going to plant fake drugs on your fake skater and have you doing fake prison time. 5-10 if you get a good deal. Keep in mind I'm also your lawyer though.

Really though, I'm stoked for this. I'm a little worried how they're going to work more "extreme hills" and "gnarly geometry" into the types of areas they've described. I've never been in an industrial area or university with crazy hills. Downtown maybe, like San Francisco, but even SF's downtown is in the (more or less) flat part of town.

But really there's not any way that I won't buy this and have some fun with it. Hopefully my uncoordinated ass won't be accidentally underflipping through the whole game. And, if I can turn off AI skaters I'll be in heaven. Create park sounds amazing. Back in the day I filled up my PS memory cards with skateparks from TH. Trying to recreate my local shitty parks in San Diego. How many versions of the Berrics do you think there will be? Ha.

knexzor
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm going to come into your career and do my best to ruin it. I'm going to plant fake drugs on your fake skater and have you doing fake prison time. 5-10 if you get a good deal. Keep in mind I'm also your lawyer though.
How many versions of the Berrics do you think there will be? Ha.

1. I'm gonna fake-study to become a fake judge and sentence him to fake death
2. Omg Berrics everywhere!

Anchors
10-21-2009, 03:01 PM
All that jazz seems cool, I just hope they have "time is money" again.
Sorry, cant stand career mode.

Hope they remove ai from freeskate. Unless there's a silent majority that like ai cluster fucking their sesh. WHICH THERE ISN"T.

Demzilla
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
if you want to look at the article i scanned in the pages high res on my color scanner...

aka..
35mb pdf...

demzilla.blogspot.com...

link there..

DuhraL
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
thanks for those.

heshfield
10-22-2009, 11:17 AM
The idea about the areas having progressive difficulty worries me. As if each area wont be varied enough within a short distance.

Tubilakken
10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
that first pic looks like a impossible ..I want them in the game please .. if they look like the ones Rowley does

Steve182
10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
From the scans to the details, it sounds like S3 could really be awesome.

The build your own park is really going to be cool.. if they do it right. Cant wait to see what sort of variety everyone can get from all the new stuff.

HorseHead
10-28-2009, 01:46 PM
I was just looking at the scan again (thanks Demz) and there's one subtle thing that kind of worries me.

"Taking down rival pros"

I don't know who that is supposed to appeal to. Obviously not the core community of people that have or do actually skateboard. Maybe the EA Madden crowd? I don't know that they care or know enough about skateboarding to want to take down a pro. It's just weird. Skateboarding has never been real big on taking down other people from my experience.

Not a big thing in the game and of course I'll ignore it and have fun playing the game. It's just kind of a weird thing to me that I think is kind of lame. I'm sure a lot of kids will get their first exposure to skateboarding through this series and it's kind of a shame that this is the impression that they'll get.

I don't know why this bugged me so much today, I usually don't give a shit about this sort of thing. Could be Menopause. Or Vietnamese Tunnel Dick. It's going around, be on the lookout.

Flying_Seel
10-30-2009, 07:41 AM
don't know if this has been stated already, since i didn't really take the time to read the entire thread.

but to the people complaining about 3 locations as opposed to skate 2's 4. think about two of those locations for a second. Cougar Mountain and Waterfront. what do these locations mostly consist of? incase you're wondering, the answer is flat. they are also prole the two least skated areas in the game do to little amounts of things to actually skate. so if they have 3 good locations that aren't as much open space as cougar and waterfront, i'll be happy. and this creatapark thing sound VERY promising. i mean there is no way they can make it any worse than thps2 and 3. and those were both amazing. so just think how awesome it'll be for teams to have their parks to dl or whatever. like oh hey, lets skate the AM park, or the 54 park. and how cool will it be to be skating around and see a billboard that says "Psychonaut" and has that all seeing eye pic? haha idk just a thought. dunno how in depth it'll all actually be.