PDA

View Full Version : skate3 deck is fugly

eflixxx
10-30-2009, 05:27 AM
i was stoked to see demz being stoked on being on com day and seeing s3 in person, this however, makes me wanna cry.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/10/500x_PC071333.jpg

team up, throw up

http://kotaku.com/5392193/this-skate-3-swag-is-so-going-to-charity

knexzor
10-30-2009, 06:11 AM
that shit just can't be serious

it looks even worse than those Toys R Us boards

Clayfighter
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
i think its kinda cool got that weird concession stand vibe like the dancing candy before the movie. not quite as cool as my skate 2 deck but whatever lol

eflixxx
10-30-2009, 08:40 AM
what demographic are they aiming this game at?

this graphis has no place in the skateboardworld. it belongs on cerealboxes and cartoons my daughter digs. shes 2 years old.

Slamooh
10-30-2009, 09:00 AM

this graphis has no place in the skateboardworld. it belongs on cerealboxes and cartoons my daughter digs. shes 2 years old.

Yes but shes skateboarding

Clayfighter
10-30-2009, 09:16 AM

most of the boards they make all have a kind of a goofy vibe except the one i got from last community day its more for humor than anything else. like if youve seen a movie in the theaters they always have like singing candy telling to buy some and to not talk during the movie, the skate parts look more like the older version of those ads bright colors and the overly cartoonish looks

madsser
10-30-2009, 09:18 AM
woow..
looks like shit..

looks like the toyboard i had 12 years ago..
sucks..

amp93
10-30-2009, 12:17 PM
that could possibly be the ugliest deck i have ever seen... I bet a hardcore gang of preschoolers highjacked the offices at ea and threatened them to design a board like that... or else all the workers would all be brutally murdered with fisher price toys

Corrine
10-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Aren't you all missing the point somewhat?

It says team up on the side, it features a deck, trucks, wheels and bearings; that which constitutes a skate board. Skate 3 focuses on teams, as in each member needs to work in harmony.

I like the retro information film style of the graphics, it suits the message they're trying to get across.

pawnluvguitarist
10-30-2009, 02:20 PM
I like it, it's gotta a cheesy retro "at the drive-in" kinda vibe to it.

Riggs
10-30-2009, 02:28 PM
take all the skate 3 shit off it an I'd skate it for sure...

brings back some memories <3

Demzilla
10-30-2009, 07:26 PM
you should see the nice puke green pool industrial design...

it was nice...

but it didnt tickle my fancy like some dancin candy....

Cookiesupporter
10-31-2009, 04:42 AM
Aren't you all missing the point somewhat?

It says team up on the side, it features a deck, trucks, wheels and bearings; that which constitutes a skate board. Skate 3 focuses on teams, as in each member needs to work in harmony.

I like the retro information film style of the graphics, it suits the message they're trying to get across.

Yeah maybe teamwork and shit and retro graphics whatsoever. But for sure now, honestly it looks shit! I was lookin at the board like 5 Minutes, readin all these comments, lokkin at it again...still shit. It's fucking ugly as hell! I bet you wouldn't buy that bored in a skate shop, would you?!

Jakeblueisballin
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah maybe teamwork and shit and retro graphics whatsoever. But for sure now, honestly it looks shit! I was lookin at the board like 5 Minutes, readin all these comments, lokkin at it again...still shit. It's fucking ugly as hell! I bet you wouldn't buy that bored in a skate shop, would you?!

It's a fucking skateboard.
If it's a 7.75 and it has a nice shape. I buy it. I don't buy skateboards for their graphics seeing as how, the graphic will be gone by the next day. (For me at least)

Skatehead
11-02-2009, 11:11 AM
jake has a point...hate 2 say..
but usually when the board has a god awful graf w/ great shape i just overspray the picture with white primer and slap stickers...
but hey for this being a free board...its dope..
i wanna see the other..:p

eflixxx
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
jake, head, i agree to some extent. or, at least i used to.

bottomline is that it all comes down to you, not your skateboard to pull shit, 99% of all boards have basically the same shape, of course people ride diffrent sizes and have preferred concaves, deep or shallow etc, but with so many similar boards, not taking the graphic, or image of the board into consideration is not true/immature(?) (im searching for words here) and if you take quality into consideration, theres is no big diffrence in brands either, its more important that the deck is fresh and new, than a dried out twisted deck thats been on the shelf for 2 yrs.

but yes i remember when i thought it was cool to not give a damn about graphics too, but to be honest they mean more and more as time goes by.

:)

ell595
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
urm................yes..............

Jakeblueisballin
11-07-2009, 12:41 PM
jake, head, i agree to some extent. or, at least i used to.

bottomline is that it all comes down to you, not your skateboard to pull shit, 99% of all boards have basically the same shape, of course people ride diffrent sizes and have preferred concaves, deep or shallow etc, but with so many similar boards, not taking the graphic, or image of the board into consideration is not true/immature(?) (im searching for words here) and if you take quality into consideration, theres is no big diffrence in brands either, its more important that the deck is fresh and new, than a dried out twisted deck thats been on the shelf for 2 yrs.

but yes i remember when i thought it was cool to not give a damn about graphics too, but to be honest they mean more and more as time goes by.

:)

Hahaha I really could care less about the graphic, but that doesn't mean I'm not psyched that I have a sick graphic, but if it's not...then I just skate it anyway.

robley
11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
i have skated worse graphics, but does anybody really think this is a board meant to be skated? because i doubt that very much. this is a keepsake/wall hanger/whatever you want to call it. your shop won't be stocking these.

it is pretty cheesy. i agree. for something like this, when it's THE skate 3 deck from media day, honestly they should've done something a little more inspired. i think the main thing is that with media released so far, it has absolutely nothing to do with the vibe they're putting out for it. it's tongue in cheek for a joke that hasn't been told.

they've should've at least gone with hesh or fresh team boards from the trailer.