PDA

View Full Version : IGN Skate 3 Hands on

Riggs
11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1041914p1.html

Nothing new as to new animations, mostly just about the team gameplay and the new online mods.

Kinda disappointing, but the pics are nice.

Demzilla
11-05-2009, 12:16 PM
cant tell you how cool 1up could be...

if the cams work themselfs out....

its gonna turn from 3 vs 3 to fuckin high pressure bets on tricks and alot alot alottttaa shit talking....

who gives a fuck about points...

ITS ABOUT WATCHING YOUR POSSE DESTROY SHIT IN REAL TIME...

Riggs
11-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm lookin forward to it...

Catface/Instinct seshes are insanity as is...I can't imagine what it's gonna be like if we all have a common goal.

Bananas.

pawnluvguitarist
11-05-2009, 12:38 PM
"Skate 3 will feature a ground-up park creator that will allow you to build a complex from scratch. In the short video tease that we saw, it looked very similar to the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater park creator from days of old, but much more flexible. Parts can be rotated freely in any direction and multiple bits can be put together to create very complex ramps and layouts."

Nice :)

quetonto1
11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
yes i like that too pawn

SeksulChokolate
11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't know why but this feels like the old days...Anticipating a new city and everything...Love it!

Few things I noticed from the new shots

1.) The skaters seem to have more variety in their facial appearances and build. I'm hoping this is a sign that CAS will be more in-depth and have more of a customizable approach.

2.) The tre on the marble slope seems as if the flip is still going on even though he's at the peak of the trick...I imagine the actual trick being a nice slow flip with a front foot catch. In the past the tricks have been caught fast but it looks like the trick is flipping slower. I don't know. Could be wrong. Either way...bringing back memories from og skate.

Slamooh
11-06-2009, 02:57 AM
about that 360 flip, arms look lower than in S2 to me too...

PS3 Skater
11-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't think the article did the game any favours by ending on a negative point when it said that it feels exactly like skate 2 but then again skate 2 wasn't a bad game so not really a negative point lol

So stoked about the park editor :D:D cannot wait!! :cool::cool::cool: