PDA

View Full Version : Two Minute Workout vol 8 ft. Gym Allstar

BeatChemist
11-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Volume 8 in the series! Me and Gym his up the Stacks and this is the result!

tPsw3NlOBdY

GymAllstar
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Huge thanks beat Chemist for putting this edit together! It came out great with all the Film Burn fades and the Song was dope as well..

"Go!" haha
1:34 - Stall w/ shaky cam
1:38 - Favorite Clip - Bike rack to Footplant
1:56 - Crash went perfect with song
3:15 - Grind to Trash can gap
3:40 - Double Grind with Ramped was dopeeeeeeeeeeeee

Once again, thanks Beat for putting this together - Great work

heshfield
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
great edit; patented beat-chem style. Gym's bigspin flip of the orange block to bank was extra sick as well as the varial lipslide. Beat's narrow gap to noseslide fakie was awesome too; that thing is steep. Both your styles blend well together.

JerrelMD
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Gym, your style now is all like aggressive and stuff. I remember you always hitting stuff from totally new approaches and skating a wild scene, but this time it was even more intense with your filming.

It's like, boom in your face, ye know (don't take that the wrong way)? ;D

thebullet
11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
holy shit

This suprised the sheeeit out of me. SOOOO GOOOD!!!! Stacks is my favorite area in this game and you guys both KILLED IT SO HARD. Loved this video. 5 stars, favorited, suscribed etc... If i wasn't so busy at work right now I'd write a novel on all the highlights for me. Seriously, so good.

GymAllstar
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Gym, your style now is all like aggressive and stuff. I remember you always hitting stuff from totally new approaches and skating a wild scene, but this time it was even more intense with your filming.

It's like, boom in your face, ye know (don't take that the wrong way)? ;D

Interesting you noticed that Jerrel - I have been trying to do everything a little bit faster and more in-your-face style since a couple of solo's ago.. Just trying new things that keep it interesting. My teammates have been a big influence of this too especially Embers and his Creature Vert Solo... Talk about AGGRESSIVE..

You will see more of the aggressive style in our Full that is coming out too... right from the start.

HorseHead
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
The whole package was great. Awesome editing, skating, filming. Liked the big flip off the orange block from gym and the grind to light post kick from beat.

mamba12
11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
great edit. styles worked great together.

highlight for me: gym's shifty nosegrab blunt.

GymAllstar
11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks to Horse, Mamba, and Bullet for the Feedback... much appreciated.

Tried to skate that Bike Rack to light post Footplant last night and failed miserably.. Chemist got it with his front foot AND backfoot.. NOT an easy spot at all, great clips there man.

BeatChemist
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
hahahah I wasn't even going to include those footplants because I thought they were kinda meh... and... shhhh... I didn't try that hard to get them!

:O

Thanks for the comments everyone - specific replies and a full review of Gym's parts tomorrow.

Makes me happy so many people are diggin this! And also that Gym's so happy with how it turned out. It was a real pleasure to put together!

BeatChemist
11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
OH.

And I would like to add that I love Gym's new cam style. It actually pushed me to get more aggressive with the cameras and not be so tied down to the whole "could a real person filming do that?". And I think my clips turned out much better for it! So thanks Gym!

robley
11-17-2009, 08:15 PM
LOVE your edits. i want a 2 minute workout one day.

BeatChemist
11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
LOVE your edits. i want a 2 minute workout one day.

Done!

I need to finish my damn solo... but whatever...

pick a spot. film 2 minutes of footage. add an introduction clip of yourself. Usual rules apply. If you want a ramp give me 100% and 50%.* Double or more angles on the ender. 100% and 50% of each ender angle.

email me the clips to tallon.kyle AT gmail.com

*Although lately I've been finding the 50% clips alone work best for ramps... but include both anyways...

Anyone else interested just let me know. I'd love to do one with the bullet but I don't think I can keep up with his speed. Half of the fun of these is that I film for them a little before I get the other person's clips, but then I try to fit the rest of my skating/filming to their material. I did some more lines in this one because Gym's got some really dope lines, and I tried to get the cam a little more active as well.

BUT. All of this is kinda moot right now because my xbox just got the red rings of death. Just when I started getting good at Modern Warfare 2!! I'm out of warranty though so I'm just sucking it up and buying a Holiday Elite bundle for $299. I need the bigger HD anyways... 20Gb was not cutting it. 120 will be nice.

Riggs
11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm *really* not trying to call anybody out and be a douche just for being a douche's sake...

I didn't like a majority of Gym's filming. Maybe it's something that needs to grow on me (truth be told, I used to HATE bullet's filming with a passion...key word(s) = used to.) All in all though, skating was great. Just the fisheye/longlens/fisheye/etc. in Gym's part was a lil irky to me. But, it was new, fresh, and straight up raw, which I appreciate.

Finally, top notch editing as always BC.

BeatChemist
11-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I hear you Riggs. Those cams can be polarizing - you either like them or hate them. And if you try to get all spazzy with the zooms and swoops and dollys and rolls and don't do it well it looks reeeaaallly bad.

But I think Gym's got a great balance of over the top with just-traditional-enough stuff that keeps his footage interesting all the time. There's so much energy and movement, you know? This is totally a preference thing, and it's very personal and subjective, because of course I've watched videos with spazzy cams that I hated, but I just really enjoy Gym's.

Thanks for the kind words about the edit. Got a favourite trick? I only ask because I usually get so many comments about the edit and not so much about my tricks... hahah

Ok so here's my review the Gym Allstar part:

0:38 - this line has some of the craziest cams in the video, but I loved it after a few repeat watches - it had to grow on me. Now I love how it just blows out the gates with the beat of the song and has so much energy going on. BLAOW!

0:49 - sw 180 front heel to crook 180 out... just looks great also took me a few watches to even catch the 180 out.

1:02 - love this little ollie up then kick late bs 180. skater passes the cam at just the right time in the trick.

1:06 - again with the little ollie up first, love those details. Then two great angles of that sick noseblunt ollie out. The second angle is killer.

2:00 - the next 15 seconds are line bliss. lots of tricks. variety of cam angles and framing. you're breaking rules again here with the cams but it's paying off big. sketch landing on the 360 out at the end of the clip is the sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

2:16 - again, POWERCAMS. that's what I'm calling the new Gym Allstar cams. Everybody better make sure your next solo has got some powercams in it! The next 30 seconds or so of ripping basically follows the same pattern - take a good trick, and make it look siiiiick by filming it in an interesting and crazy way.

2:41 - footplant to sw bs smith was crazy! ender material imho.

The 'first ender' was originally Gym's ender, but he said he wasn't happy with it and filmed another. He was specific about his idea for the ramping of it, and I think it turned out great. I think I actually like it more than the new, final ender.

But. The final ender's pretty great too. The angles you gave were kinda close to each other, but it worked out great for a quicker pacing of cuts from one angle to the next. Overall I love how the 'real ender' turned out. I saved my best burns for it and they really made it slick.

This whole project has me totally amped again about doing more short-focus collab vids. Things where there's a location or some other sort of constraint, because it helps showcase the subtle differences in people's styles when they have to skate the same way or at the same spot. Your footage was so easy to work with. I only left out one clip -- I can't remember what it was, but it was throwaway compared to everything else. I think it was a blunt on a ledge. Just too vanilla.

Thanks for doing this project dude! Cuz I know you don't get a lot of time to film. I'm super happy you enjoyed the end result!

GymAllstar
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm *really* not trying to call anybody out and be a douche just for being a douche's sake...

I didn't like a majority of Gym's filming. Maybe it's something that needs to grow on me (truth be told, I used to HATE bullet's filming with a passion...key word(s) = used to.) All in all though, skating was great. Just the fisheye/longlens/fisheye/etc. in Gym's part was a lil irky to me. But, it was new, fresh, and straight up raw, which I appreciate.

Finally, top notch editing as always BC.

Maybe it will "grow" on you in the future Riggs and I truly appreciate the feedback considering you said it was new, fresh and raw which I will gladly take as a compliment...

I have been trying out some new cams with my last few videos and they have gotten mixed reviews. I will agree that some of them get a little out of hand with the zooming in and out between fisheye and maybe make some people "sea-sick" haha but that is the effect I am going for with that sometimes... but I love how unique and original you can be with the cams and if someone sees my clip and KNOWS that it is a Gym AllStar clip among ALL these other videos/edits/skaters... then THAT is what makes the game as great as it is.. Thanks again for taking the time to watch Riggs

Piper
11-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Graham,

Just to let you know that I have added your link to my Josephburke website. Have another look as I have added a couple of photos and one is of my great uncles name on the famous Menin Gate Memorial.

Rgds - Joe

SeksulChokolate
11-24-2009, 07:02 PM
such a good job..both of you

Gym: love your style man
fast and flowing
really unique cams
tricks were spot on

Beat: awesome skating too
this edit was awesome...not too much goin on but it was just right
filming, tricks, everythin
great work guys