PDA

View Full Version : MX vs ATV Reflex

SonicKaos
11-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I already posted this in the chat box a few days ago but few people were around...

Anyone getting it?

Comes out this Tuesday (Dec. 1st). I know a couple of you guys are racing fans, though I'm not sure if anyone is in to motocross stuff. If you're getting it though, let me know. I'll likely be picking it up for the 360.

Roccityroller
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Idk... i wasnt' too impressed by the last MX vs ATV... i much prefer the original(s)

SonicKaos
11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
I agree for sure man. MX vs ATV Untamed was terrible, so I didn't buy it. Reflex is a LOT better then that though so I'm going to pick it up. I've been playing the demo on both systems quite a lot since I got them... playing the loading screen and same nationals track over and over and over again probably 50+ times now and I'm still having fun with it.

Takes a bit to get used to the new controls, but once you do they're great. It's really nice to see that with this game they've innovated and changed the way you actually play the game. MX Unleashed is still the king imo, and Reflex still has a few bugs in it, but it's still a lot of fun. Check the demo if you haven't already.

ell595
11-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Not coming out in the UK till next Feb! Pretty shitty.

saunders420
11-29-2009, 12:50 PM
dude it has skate style controls
well kinda. the pumping and leaning is all in the right stick

SonicKaos
11-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Yea it being delayed in the UK for that long is strange... and it sucks.

It kind of has skate controls I guess. seperate bike and rider controls are pretty awesome, and it'll be the way all new off road games of this type will be made from now on I bet.

Granka
11-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Reflex looks awesome. I might get it.

GymAllstar
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Played demo - felt the same as MX vs. ATV unleashed - solid game, but nothing new than the last one..

Loved doing 360's in first one though, sooo hard and rewarding - used to do them during races

SonicKaos
11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, MX Unleashed is the best motocross game I'd played, though I never played MX vs. ATV Unleashed. This one has a whole new way to control your rider/bike, deformable terrain and a new way to do tricks that's kind of Skate like (though I never bother with trick events anyway).

Seems to have a bunch of new stuff to me, but then again I haven't owned the past 2. I'm getting this one after work tomorrow though.

a red bicycle
11-30-2009, 03:39 PM
everytime i tried to play the demo, it just froze my xbox...im just gonna rent it but if its like mx vs atv unleashed...i might have to buy it.

I sometimes have the urge to play that even though the last time i did was like a year ago(at my cousins)...awesome game

SonicKaos
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
That's weird, but I'd suggest just redownloading it then and see if that works.

It's the closest thing to Unleashed there is really.