PDA

View Full Version : SkateFluckit's 2009 Skaters of the Year Awards (brainstorming inside).

Tubilakken
12-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Get Stoked here: Please read all posts before contributing any ideas, lets try to keep this a little organized.

We're planning a SOTY type deal for the Skate. 2 community as a whole.

Suggestions for categories:
Best team
Best realistic skater
Best unrealistic skater
Best all-around skater ( you know for people between realistic & unrealistic )
Best team video
Best montage
Best solo
Best collaboration
Best editing
Best filming
Best graphic
Best team graphic
Best graphic creator
Best commentator
Community spirit

Tubilakken has suggested these above categories. I think we should pick 5 of them to keep things simple voting wise.

Anyways, discuss below. Demz, Magic, or myself will update this OP with whatever's going on in the future.

K05T0N
12-10-2009, 01:08 PM
i like this idea

Embers BLS
12-10-2009, 01:11 PM
V.S.A. ( Virtual skate awards ) I would like to call it The Fluckit Awards ,, but since I'm not the owner of fluckit, I strongly feel, I don't have the right to..

First things first: This is just an idea, I do not plan on doing this alone, nor do I plan on judging who gets to win. since I found myself completely unqualified at both..

suggestions for categories:
Best team
Best realistic skater
Best unrealistic skater
Best all-around skater ( you know for people between realistic & unrealistic )
Best team video
Best montage
Best solo
Best collaboration
Best editing
Best filming
Best graphic
Best team graphic
Best graphic creator
Best commentator
Community spirit

Got those of the top of my head ...

If you have any suggestions on categories or how do even make the thing happen ... like who should judge ...... please write below

Psychonaut.

K05T0N
12-10-2009, 01:31 PM
haha i was thinkin the same thing

Get Stoked
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Sure, you can use Fluckit as the title. Under one condition....

I have to win every section of the awards....

Ah, sweet sweet corruption.

robley
12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
i think this will be less disastrous than doing it at EA because it's tighter knit here.

should nominations for specific videos come with links to said videos? i only say that because there's a lot of good solos that honestly i couldn't remember if for some odd reason someone were to force me to at gun point. i can't imagine why they would do that, but let's pretend they would. it'd make a lot more sense to be like "this video from blahblahblah:" then a link instead of "blahblahblah's solo should win."

i also vote for blahblahblah for skater of the year.

thebullet
12-10-2009, 01:49 PM
i like this idea. where do i vote?

robley
12-10-2009, 02:01 PM
yeah do people PM votes to someone in particular, then they tally them up, or post them here then people might consider something they forgot about, or something else entirely?

Tubilakken
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
alright The Fluckit Awards yeah ---

I'm in way over me head here ...

I think everybody should suggest nominations with links ( so we can see how awesome it is ) everybody can nominated everybody, even themselves ( to make it fair for those everyone)

and the end of some timeline I'll gather all the nominees for each category... and people can vote by e-mailing me..

sounds fair ?

any better ideas ?

pawnluvguitarist
12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
maybe make a thread for each catagory, let people post some of their favorites. Then after we have a bunch of names, make a poll.

Tubilakken
12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
maybe make a thread for each category, let people post some of their favorites. Then after we have a bunch of names, make a poll.

I like the thread for each category... can we make polls here ?? plus it's it possible to cheat on a poll ? like voting twice under the same name using deferent IPs ?

sk8cdt
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
i say we do the email thing, that way its more of a secret until its unannounced, we can have a big unveiling ceremony and everything, or sumthin like that

K05T0N
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
we should just use the honors system if someone goes out of their way to make another account to vote for themself i think we'll know that they did it

robley
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
we should just use the honors system if someone goes out of their way to make another account to vote for themself i think we'll know that they did it

that's really unlikely to happen here. it's not like EA where random names are popping up all the time.

K05T0N
12-10-2009, 07:55 PM
yeah i trust everyone here i dont think theyd go out of their way to win an online award

Demzilla
12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
in all honesty...
were doin a best of 09 here....

im thinkin pickin 5 or 6 of the major categories....
get a fluckit email for nomination...
count them bitches....
see what happens....

i guess well try to get all that goin soon....
to me itd be nice to have stuff done by the end of jan....
but who knows just yet....

Jack
12-10-2009, 10:12 PM
You can count me in. I like voting on stuff. It could go either way. We could vote openly and provide links, or vote privately. Both options have benefits. Open votes could stimulate a lot of conversation, but we would have to be generous in our commentary. Closed votes will stimulate a lot of conversation as well, just not on the boards, and anonymity is always nice.

Also, I think there's one category missing. Best Trick.

That might be impossible, but it could be fun to think about.

robley
12-10-2009, 10:36 PM
i would like to just go ahead and give best commenter to demz. dude's a lock.

Get Stoked
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, no quick quick bullshit. Lets take a little time and make this shit for real, real deal.

I'll work on getting the @skatefluckit.com e-mail set up. I'll make a gmail account, get it forwarding to @skatefluckit.com, give the password to a few people who're keeping an eye on it/counting votes. Then we can set up a thread with each category and a copy/paste voting list for people to e-mail to us, so it's easy to read.

Any other ideas?

quetonto1
12-11-2009, 03:10 AM
best concept solo ?
funniest video and/or person ?
best newcomer ?
most hated person (in n out)

yeah so some ideas i had

Skatevid2
12-11-2009, 03:49 AM
I like this, im down for it.
i think there should be some sort of nomination type thing. kinda what demz said.
otherwise i can almost garuntee you that you are going to be flooded by random names that are nearly impossible to tally.

Demzilla
12-11-2009, 07:05 AM
once b gets the email up well go ape shit with nomination...

lets say after a months worth of nominations we can narrow it down to a few....
post a topic with that few and go right back to private votes...

i think the main reason it shouldnt be a poll is because people can vote more than once...
and it also shows whos winning as it progresses...
which in term can fuel decisions and possible altered the honest outcome we want hear at fluckit....

and most importantly....

we got time out the ass....
i mean seriously...
i personnally dont want the actually voting to start till feb ish....

we all know theres a few more fulls coming (couch) and a bunch of solos still to come...
so...

timmmmeeeee is on our sides...
yes it is...

robley...

dudes a lock?....
wtf?

if you mean john lock il accept....

thesignguy
12-11-2009, 09:26 AM
if you just had to who would you snoodle with?
who's mom makes the best fruit cake?

Demzilla
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
like that one game....
i cant remember for shit but its like...

who would you kill..
who would you fuck..
and i forget the third...

maybe eat?...

heshfield
12-11-2009, 09:49 AM
marry?

yeah, i like this idea; and also the idea of nominating people here first for each award then having an email vote some time after Jan 1st. That way its sort of organized into groups of 5-10 choices for each category.

robley
12-11-2009, 10:00 AM
once b gets the email up well go ape shit with nomination...

lets say after a months worth of nominations we can narrow it down to a few....
post a topic with that few and go right back to private votes...

i think the main reason it shouldnt be a poll is because people can vote more than once...
and it also shows whos winning as it progresses...
which in term can fuel decisions and possible altered the honest outcome we want hear at fluckit....

and most importantly....

we got time out the ass....
i mean seriously...
i personnally dont want the actually voting to start till feb ish....

we all know theres a few more fulls coming (couch) and a bunch of solos still to come...
so...

timmmmeeeee is on our sides...
yes it is...

robley...

dudes a lock?....
wtf?

if you mean john lock il accept....

best commenter sonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Flying_Seel
12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
yeah i trust everyone here i dont think theyd go out of their way to win an online award

you obviously don't know me that well.

mwuahahahahaha!!!

Get Stoked
12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Alright, the e-mail is set up. Demz, hit me up on AIM for the address and password. Don't want to put it out yet, that way I don't get random e-mails before the voting starts or whatever

MY AIM IS: DrinkTheFish

You may or may not know that.

madsser
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
awesome..
fuckin awesome idea..
love it.. <3

knexzor
12-12-2009, 05:13 AM
I think demz is right about narrowing the categories down to maybe 5-6
Too many categories will result in too many winners, which will make a single 'award' much less prestigeful.

K05T0N
12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
SOTY instead of best realistic, best unrealistic, and best all around cuz idk of any unrealistic skaters

thesignguy
12-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Something seems fishy with knexzors av

BeastySteez
12-12-2009, 08:28 PM
We're planning a SOTY type deal for the Skate. 2 community as a whole.

Suggestions for categories:
Best team - Who are we kidding Naut
Best realistic skater - Realism is relative
Best unrealistic skater - Linny?
Best all-around skater - IDK
Best montage - Naut
Best solo - Between Bullet & Skelli
Best collaboration - anything Naut was involved in, But I am really partial to strangers 3
Best editing - That dude the editted Madagascar 3.... Lol Fuck No...C'mon its Robley
Best filming - Im not a filming Nazi, but I love the owl cam... Skelli
Best graphic - Anything Heshfield touched
Best team graphic - See Above
Best graphic creator - Flucking Heshfield
Best commentator - Anything Robley Posts on vids or in general is Hi-larious

Community spirit - Everyone in the community, because everyone is such a good sport when Naut puts out and video and makes all of us re-think everything we did in our previous vid.

Categories you may have missed, or have reasons for not mentioning

Best Full Length - AnimalMach or Hostile
Soty - Dems/Bullet/PooPoo/Skelli/Southy

PyR0MaNiAc225
12-12-2009, 08:31 PM
^Good point

thesignguy
12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Best naut rider: beesty steeze?

BeastySteez
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Best naut rider: beesty steeze?

Damn right and dont you ever forget it.

Atleast this way I'll win something... Lol

But really this is all just my opinion Im sure you beg to differ, So post it up and lemme disregard it?

Anjo606
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Best Asian Flucker - ME!!!!!