PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fluckit

Rhekaan
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey Fluckit,

I guess there is a screenshot of me saying certain things in reply to gitCHU ONe's rant about fluckit being a 'rival' site and moreover all the bad seeds within the community, collectively.

I stand beside everything I said except the sarcastic "..their amazing community, lol.". I respect a ton of people in the skate community (you know how you are) and I try to be a friendly, supportive, and respectful member wherever I go at all times.

I still feel the layout and shoutbox here are "pisspoor", but that's neither here nor there and it doesn't showcase the quality of material here and the quality of people who reside within fluckit itself.

I do expect 'some' heat from this, from certain people but overall I hope that my words can be forgiven. I doubt I will visit here anymore than I ever have but I do admire the bulk of the people here immensely.

again, I give my sincerely and humble apologies to the general fluckit crew,

Rhekaan :3

Demzilla
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
rhek....

i appreciate the post....

Get Stoked
12-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Aw, I wasn't even aware of this, but sure, thanks for the apology.

I would like to point out that while many other websites have gone under the bridge, we've still been around. Our website functions very well, loads fast, and has a simple design, we've done this on purpose.

thesignguy
12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm lost huh?
O well don't explain, I still would be lost.

Fluckit rules?!?!

Get Stoked
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm lost as well... haha

monkeysunkle74
12-14-2009, 09:30 AM
take a right on main street.

edit: oh as for the CC crashing down. As a person who has been on all forums since the start, different name on here. (monkeysunkle) <-----lost that email. I kinda feel bad for everyone over here in the sense that now the sandbox is going to be diverted over here. Either way, Stoked has a point..........all the castles have fallen, but this one still remains and was one of the first. Simple and clean.......agreed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

thesignguy
12-14-2009, 09:34 AM
rarely any of us go to other sites except for specific reasons.
I like cc for my gc thread, nice place to keep stuff organized and its very ipod friendly
EA is just the worst anymore, I peep friends threads, and glance the show off section, the whatever section has been completely ruined imo, and the daily grind is not far behind.
I'm just gratefull we have so many like minded folk in here.
Someone told me I got second in a PS3 soty contest at EA, I had no idea and I never saw the post to this day, sad I used to really like that place

EmmitBrown
12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
one of my favorite things about this site is the clean layout and CHATbox

not trying to start anything, but cc to me looked like a folder that came with a 1988 trapper keeper. quite an eyesore.

different people prefer different things. i prefer my rods and cones intact.

thebullet
12-14-2009, 09:39 AM
i thought cc was cool.

My only confusion, is that you have sooo many active people on there, the chatbox is always going strong, yet...NOBODY comments on videos. (no, i'm not talking about the few i posted there). Seriously, i'd look at the solo and collab video sections and it was rare to see anything with more then 2-3 comments.

not saying comments really matter...not really sure what i'm saying. BUt I'd rather have a dead chatbox and 8-15 average comments per thread then what was goin on at cc.

However, your clip of the week contests were always bangin and full of participation.

just sayin. Not hatin. come on now.

robley
12-14-2009, 09:42 AM
i like fluckit because this was the first community forum i came to after skate.this went down after i joined and i am lazy and i didn't look for any other ones. i drive a volkswagen because it was the closest place to where i lived at the time i was buying a car. when i run out of groceries i spend 2 days being very hungry. i should have a case worker but i'm not retarded or poor.

if you're open to it, fluckit is a good place. if you decide it sucks, it will. at least we can all agree we don't want to hang at EA. i didn't know there was resentment between cc and fluckit to be honest.

EDIT: i really like the clip of the week and all those other contests and think they are wonderful ideas. i never registered there before a few days ago because i was unaware of the chatbox and any time i looked in video threads it honestly looked like a ghost town. once i registered and noticed the chatbox, i think i talked about penises with people in there for about two hours straight.

DVC
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
at least we can all agree we don't want to hang at EA.

Amen to that. :cool:

Demzilla
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
yeah i wasnt gonna say anythign but fluckit is plain and shallow for a reason...

and why are we all talking like cc died....
i mean fuck...
i want my damn gc of the week back!!!!!....

no harm no foul really....
we have to have more thaqn one place to accommodate for everyone....

im gonna be fuckin pissed if cc doesnt come back...

ive said it a million times..
MORE OF SKATE RELATED ANYTHING IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE!....

Get Stoked
12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I wasn't exactly aware that CC had been hacked. Another one down? I'm sure it'll be back up, big good community.

Yes, like Emmit said, some people like other things. Ryan and I are in control of how Fluckit looks/functions. This is exactly how we wanted the site to look.

Another clarification: Fluckit started in November of 2006, we were up before the EA forums even. Just when there was a video of someone filming their TV while Rob and Big played an unnamed skateboarding game. We just knew it was going to be the shit.

I understand that being old does not mean anything, but over this time, we've found our place in the community and we're staying here. We don't want to be on top, we don't care about being known, we don't want anything out of this, we just want to have fun playing the game.

Bottom line, we're not trying to be rivals or competitive, as we're not getting paid for this.

DVC
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM
im gonna be fuckin pissed if cc doesnt come back...

We are back online now, actually. Gitchu managed to get a rollback from late Friday/early Saturday so there are only a couple of days of posts missing. As for your GOTW? It's still alive and has only lost a couple of votes. COTW may have lost a couple of entries so people may need to repost them. Other than that? All good.

So yeah ... to continue on with the theme of the thread;

Like most others the thing I like most about fluckit is the simplicity(although it's a pain to get used to clicking refresh on the chatbox all the time). That plus the fact that no matter what time you come here you're generally always going to be on with someone who's actually decent and cool. CC is a lot more feature based, granted ... but comes with a lot of baggage in the form of moronic children. Both sites are so very different and both have their pluses and minuses, I feel that a good balance is obtained between the two and there should never really be any need for any so called 'wars' breaking out.

And as mentioned before ... both beat the hell out of hanging at EA. :cool:

Get Stoked
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
We are back online now, actually. Gitchu managed to get a rollback from late Friday/early Saturday so there are only a couple of days of posts missing. As for your GOTW? It's still alive and has only lost a couple of votes. COTW may have lost a couple of entries so people may need to repost them. Other than that? All good.

So yeah ... to continue on with the theme of the thread;

Like most others the thing I like most about fluckit is the simplicity(although it's a pain to get used to clicking refresh on the chatbox all the time). That plus the fact that no matter what time you come here you're generally always going to be on with someone who's actually decent and cool. CC is a lot more feature based, granted ... but comes with a lot of baggage in the form of moronic children. Both sites are so very different and both have their pluses and minuses, I feel that a good balance is obtained between the two and there should never really be any need for any so called 'wars' breaking out.

And as mentioned before ... both beat the hell out of hanging at EA. :cool:

AMEN.

/thread

thesignguy
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
if a site has to many moronic children posting just make a back room that only cool people are invited too. Then when the moronic kids go to another site come back, ooops wait anyway nevermind.

Get Stoked
12-14-2009, 10:00 AM
haha

Flying_Seel
12-14-2009, 05:35 PM
i was cool with cc. then they deleted the first post i ever made, which was my review of the reign video.

Embers BLS
12-15-2009, 02:13 AM
back rooms are cool.
old guys are cool.
full homo.

Fluckit is the reason i still play this game.

Slamooh
12-15-2009, 04:49 AM
I wasnt aware there was something like a war or resentment between the 2 sites....the enemy of the enemy is our friend...