PDA

View Full Version : toronto or Montreal?

sk8cdt
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Okay so im turning 18 in august, so me and my friends decided we should make a roadtrip to canada. the only problem is that we cant decide if we should go to montreal or toronto. i live in massachusetts, so the trip is 10 hrs to toronto and 6 to montreal. now my question is, which would be the better trip, based on skating and nightlife(not clubs, but like bars and things of that nature)

pawnluvguitarist
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Toronto, hands down man.

I would only even consider choosing Montreal if you speak French.

a lot of skateparks in the Toronto area ;)

sk8cdt
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
is it really worth the extra 4hours. and not only parks but spots in general. and keep in mind that alot of the trip is goin there to get fucked up

blackhawk17
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
dude montreal hands down. i live in hamilton and its like 6 hours to get there from there.

best part is in montreal 18 is the legal drinking age. so you can get into all the bars and strip clubs. word of advise the strip clubs there are the finest.

the downside is tho that there isnt alot of skateparks but there are tons of spots to skate if u roam..trust me ;). the only thing is the majority of people there do speak french. i didnt know french when i went and i still had a blast. most people can speak english if you tell them you cant speak french.

if you go to toronto you cant drink.....but theres lots of skating available to do..

so to sum it all up if you wanna go get fucked up.....MONTREAL ALL THE WAY. mainly becuz toronto you wont get into the bars, you have to be 19 in ontario. but in montreal its 18 for the legal drinking age.

sk8cdt
01-06-2010, 11:57 AM
thank you blackhawk! i had no idea the drinking age in toronto was 19. ya i was also definitly thinking of making a stop on st. katherines street too if u know wat i mean. i dont really care too muuch about parks either, i can skate parks anywhere, im lookin more for spots so thats good

blackhawk17
01-06-2010, 12:37 PM
st.catherines street?? or city???

SonicKaos
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Don't even ask man... Montreal is the way to go for sure. Been there 3 times so far, and it's been awesome. Not only is the city itself way more interesting to visit (old town, gastown, china town etc.), but the night scene is crazy. If you're only 18, you can still go to all the bars, clubs, strip clubs, etc. as well. If you go to toronto you can skate sure, but if you're only 18 then there is no night life for you at all.

Also, pretty much everyone speaks at least a little bit of english there so don't worry about it at all. It's pretty much required if you work somewhere, so if you get food or go clubbing or anything, there will always be english people to help you. I can't speak french, but I can read it decently. I live an hour from Toronto so I've been there a bunch of times as well, and I still say go for Montreal for sure.

I believe he's talking about Rue Sainte Catherine. It's one of the main streets downtown... and yes, there is plenty of fun to be had there...

sk8cdt
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
ya i think thats wat i was gettin at sonic, it sounds right

blackhawk17
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
i dont remember much of the streets or soroundings from there. had a pretty wild time when i was there. i barely remember how i got back to my hotel room in the mourning

sk8cdt
01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
well from what i hear st. katherines is the one wit all the strip clubs and shit

blackhawk17
01-10-2010, 11:19 AM
yea you are correct my firend