PDA

View Full Version : Wow it all makes sense now... The perfect marketing...

pawnluvguitarist
01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
BB makes Skate 1.
A great success, appeals to both the realistic and unrealistic demographic...

BB makes Skate 2.
Appealing more to the arcade crowd, but giving us enough new features to make it a worthwhile buy. No new city, some features/elements actually get worse, including faces, true switch, lighting ect.
Felt like an in-between kinda game, just something to keep us busy while they make money off the arcade skaters, so they can make Skate 3 as good as its gonna be. They throw us some features to play with and get used to in a dumbed down city/physics as we await Skate 3...

BB makes Skate 3.
Is in stark contrast with Skate 2, making it look that much better.
Has the original Skate’s vibe with all the feature of Skate 2 and more, + hardcore mode/park editor.

And there you have it...

skatejake
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
i agree 100%. i think they are heading back on the skate 1 trail, which im super excited about. i hope it has the same feel to it that skate 1 had the first day. that game was, and still is the shiznit.

Roccityroller
01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
demz popped this connection over on ea... awhile ago.. great minds think a like...

that's why i'm not getting involved in all this hooplah, let it come out, then judge it.

Corrine
01-29-2010, 01:19 PM
I couldn't agree more. Here's my imaginary time line.

Skate 1 2007. Black Box give us Skate. Unconfirmed reports of Neversoft employees needing facial surgery due to the amount of jaws dropping. EA are well pleased.

Skate 2 2009. EA insists on a sequal. Black Box retiscent due to yearly updates diluting the product (see THPS), yet they acquiesce and release Skate 2 (or as I see it Skate 1.5). Neversoft decide that skateboarding is old hat and farm out the THPS franchise to another developer, skaters who jumped to Skate 2 are visably relieved when TH Ride hits the shelves.

Skate 3 2010. Skate 3 on the horizon. Tony Hawk seen muttering obscenities under his breath near the Robomondo ofices.

Friday January 9th. 21.16. Corrine realises that she's just rewritten Pawns post but in a more flowery way.

Stokenstein
02-11-2010, 01:14 AM
CORRINE, come back to us.

Corrine
02-12-2010, 04:46 PM
CORRINE, come back to us.

If I'm not here in person, I'm here in spirit Mr Stokesimus. God Bless Fluckit and All Who Sail in Her.