PDA

View Full Version : sheeps very verty adventure

TheIronSheep
01-30-2010, 02:08 AM
i dont know if theres a rule about how many vids you can post in a certain amount of time so if there is somebody let me know..

remember to bring your kneepads.

i hope you enjoy.
comment/love/hate
anything is welcome.
i love you all.

your pal sheep

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shj5OEmcF04

TheIronSheep
02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
bumpety bump?

Cookiesupporter
02-02-2010, 05:35 AM
No one commenting? Sad! See that's what I kinda disslike about many forums...if your not well known people don't watch your shit...how the hell are you supposed to get better known then???

Anyways I watched yours...and I gotta say I've seen worse, but also better stuff. The vert part, as you admitted by yourself wasn't bangin. Said it on youtube (sicbrick) the powerslide was very cool, the rest wasn't really...the song was...yeah it would've fit better to faster vert shredding. Anyways I think the vert part wasn't 100% serious, was it?

Street part was a good watch, maybe you should try to not push right after the landing, it makes the tricks look like the happened by exident.

Keep it up, I liked it all in all.

Flying_Seel
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM
there isn't a rule for posting a vid with a certain amount of time.

and to cookie...people get "known" because they put out quality videos. people usually don't comment on videos they think aren't good because they don't want to start a flame war.

HorseHead
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
That was pretty good. You definitely have some good ideas. A few things I'd suggest though.

Pushing in a vert ramp or a pool looks kind of weird, since folks in real life don't do that. If you're doing it in the game because it makes a trick easier for you I would suggest cutting it out of the shot when you film it.

Also you cut out the landing on a few shots. You want to make sure you can clearly see the start and end of the tricks and the spot. If you want to do an artsy shot make sure you have a 2nd angle to show what's actually going on. Try to get a little closer if you can too. I had that same problem when I started making videos, being too far away.

There are just my suggestions though, you can also just do whatever the hell you want. Like I said before you have some good ideas, if you make the filming better and are a little more selective about tricks it'll be amazing.

Demzilla
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM
first off...
your killin the pools..
which is a breath of fresh air for me...
loved it...
bunch of dope lines...

sec....
il share a secret filming tech i use....

set the first marker when he pops...
set the marker above the skater so you can see everything hes doing..
why?...
because your going to set key markers from that view....
one after another....
same spot...
your skaters doing shit....

you set the other markers at points in the timeline you know you want...
ie...
1 on the bottom of a qp....

then you set more for the travel...
1 on the qp coping...
another in air..
another at coping...
another at bottom..
another roll away...

now all of these markers are the same view...
all you do is go through one by one selecting the marker and setting it where you want...

DONT SCROLL THROUGH THE TIMELINE..
USE THE MARKER SELECTER TO AUTO JUMP TO EACH MARKER..
(prevents the rubber band effect)

in the end...
you have a moving cam thats pre forced to go the route you chose....

when i do qp work....
low/under cam....

i set one right at the floor of the begining....
then i set three right back to back...
(to help the rubber band effect smoothly curl with the qp)

i scroll through till he lands....
same cam angle...
i set three more..
(the patent "3 up 3 down" demzilla tech)

now you have...
3 for the roll up...
3 for the landing..
and big open space in the middle...

in the middle...
set a new marker for top height...
then add another before and after....
(3 up...3 mid..3 down)

now do through one by one and set the angles and closness....

because your using 3 markes...
the rubber band effect is forced to curl with w.e. setting you set your markers too height and distance wise...

fiddle with that and come back to tell me if it worked..
or if it helps....

Cookiesupporter
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Shit Demz...thanks for the power tutorial...always had a problem with quaters...they're bitches to film. Appreciate it!

TheIronSheep
02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh wow, I leave on a plane flight and I come back to a ton of comments.

cookie.. thanks for the honest comments man, I appreciate it, and as you pointed out, the vert part was not 100% serious, just wanted to see if I can actually film pool parts, which as you can see went okay. I never really noticed that thing about pushing after landing a trick but I'll definately keep that in mind from now on, thanks.

horse.. shit i never really thought about pushing in the vert ramp and how it seems kind of unnatural. Also I'll try to get closer, as I noticed that I cut out some landing, but honestly, was too lazy to go back and change anything. thank you very much for the honest critisicm, I feel like I'm getting better already and I haven't played skate in like... five days. i'm going through withdrawl.

demz- damn, thanks very much for the compliments on the pool work, was just curious as to whether or not I could do anything in the vert section of this game. and for the tutorials that will = in better videos, I thank you very much.. ill screw around with it and go play skate when i get home and let you know how things go..

thanks guys, i love you all so much

<3 (bro love)