PDA

View Full Version : The Mass Effect of a great day.

SonicKaos
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Today I became a student once again, as well as a published reviewer. Could it get any better? Let me explain.

Starting easy, I've become a student once again... or at least I will be come September. When my dad checked the mail today, he informed me that I received a letter from Conestoga College. I've been getting letters from them every once in a while because I'm an Alumni member due to finishing the Broadcast Television program there already. "No big deal" I thought, "probably just another letter asking if I want to change car insurance companies again." Turns out I was wrong, because I got (very) early acceptance into the Advertising program. I'm going to College... Again! This is kind of a big deal, but not just because I no longer have to worry about what the hell I'm going to do with myself if I don't get in to school again. I got accepted just a week after my interview with the school, and they won't even be finished interviewing applicants until the end of this month. I'm just that good I guess. Yay me!

Now for the other bit. You remember my review on Army of Two: The 40th Day? No? Well I didn't actually post it here but it's on the Ao2 forums if you go there. A few weeks ago I entered that same review into a contest on Xbox.ca for kicks. Up until today I had completely forgot about it, but upon returning from work I noticed I had an email in my inbox. It read:
-------------------------------------------------
Congratulations!
Your entry was selected as one of our two winners for Played in Canada – January Edition.
To claim your prize (1 copy of Mass Effect 2) I need you to send me the following.

Name,
Shipping address,
Phone number

Keep an eye out on Xbox.ca for your article. (I will send you a link once it’s published).
Let me know if you have any questions and congrats!

*Employee Name*
Xbox.ca (http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/community/2010/armyof240thday.htm)
-------------------------------------------------

Isn't that spiffy? I won.

So after responding to his email thanking him and giving my info, I got another email. This one said that my prize should be mailed out early next week, and linked me to my article posted on the official Xbox.com website.

I guess that means I'll be playing Mass Effect 2 after all. I had no intention of buying it, but who am I to turn down a free game?

mamba12
02-05-2010, 10:13 PM
it's a fantastic game. get ready to sink some hours into that baby