PDA

View Full Version : My Departure

Stokenstein
02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I made a full fledged departure from the EA forums a week or so ago and that was something I thoroughly enjoyed doing. That place was a stressful forum that I really did not enjoy being a part of. I can't say that about Fluckit though. I really enjoy Fluckit and I have a lot of memories with Fluckit.

That being said though, I'm in a time in my life where I just can't have as much leisure as I would like. Between doing hobbies in real life, working, maintaining a relationship, and soon having a child, I just can't say I can stay here at Fluckit.

For me, I can either be here or I can't, there's no in between. I can either manage the website or not. Right now, I cannot. I had originally planned on leaving and then I decided to just see how it felt to be here without management instead of leaving, but after a stressful night tonight and a talk with my fiance (my life) about how I shouldn't be dealing with this stuff in the midst of our life, I'm having to make the decision to leave indefinitely.

Who knows, I may be back around Skate. 3, I don't want to make a promise though. For now though, I just can't be a part of this, as much as I wish I could.

That being said, I'm leaving Demzilla and Magicnarcosis in charge of the job I'm leaving behind. They will be doing contests, managing the forums, and KEEPING THE PEACE. I would like for Fluckit to continue to be a peaceful safe-haven for EA Skate players, but I'm leaving all responsibility behind. Be A Debaser will stand as the oldest member of the site still, he owns the websites, pays for it, and maintains it in a much more important way than we give him credit. So, if you ever have suggestions, he will follow through on them just as he has in the past.

Peace everyone.

Corrine
02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
From one flucker to another, thank you for all you've done for the Skate community.

You and debaser gave us a home away from the constant bickering at the kids table and a home where ideas can come together and talent can flourish, speaking for myself I've never known a more positive internet community as this let alone one dedicated to a specific game series, which is a testament to both debaser's technial know how and your seemingly unending enthusiam.

With that I'd like to take this opportunity to raise a glass of single malt whisky, to Messers Stoked and 'baser.

Cheers.

Corrine x

be a debaser
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
The Corrine :)

You'll be back Stoked... just let things cool down and enjoy life. We'll still be here when you need us.

Roccityroller
02-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Go get shit squared away in that place we all come here to avoid (real life)...

We'll hold the fort down while your gone, it'll all be here when you get back.

except for the beer, we might drink the beer.

blackhawk17
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
stoked it was an honor to have u here and create a place "drama free."

good luck in the real world my friend.

thesignguy
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I'd a liked to hear a recording of that conversation you had with her haha
Thanx for everything and goodluck

Ps cross some more shit off your list, sounds like your gonna need a lot

Moses
02-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I know I'm not around here much, but I have been a member since the start up of this site and I have to say that this place has always been the best around. Never any drama, always chill and to date the oldest running forum besides EA... There is a reason for that. So with that said I wish you good luck with everything that is happening in your life and maybe one day you will return, but if not it was an honor...

Thank You

Chinnny
02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
You did a great job from the start to make this forum a great place to be, i'm sure everyone will thank you for this. Hopefully this place can continue to be as good as you made it.

Good luck with your life

Unregistered:
02-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Stoked...you and debaser have done more for the community than we can begin to thank you for. I wish you the best of luck in the future and we'll always be grateful for what you've done.

Seriously, fluckit is the haven.

-EB

Stevland
02-13-2010, 11:37 AM
good luck with the real life.
fluckit is by far the best forum out there, chill, relaxed, mature. most of the times at least :)
thank you for fluckit.

laters.

Jack
02-13-2010, 11:05 PM
ah man . . . feel like I was just getting to know you. good luck with real life. come back whenever. Thanks for everything.

pawnluvguitarist
02-14-2010, 06:19 AM
It was a pleasure man :)

You'll be back though, once you get settled and whatnot.

Good luck with life dude

PyR0MaNiAc225
02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Go get shit squared away in that place we all come here to avoid (real life)...

We'll hold the fort down while your gone, it'll all be here when you get back.

except for the beer, we will drink the beer.
Fixed for correctness
Have a great time dude

Monk
02-25-2010, 06:01 PM
thanks get stoked for providing a chill place since the OG days.... good luck with the gal and the baby man.

Mourning Becomes Electra
03-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Cheers for setting up a place for non idiots, that EA forum is bollocks!