PDA

View Full Version : Beat Chemist - Sunlight (new solo)

BeatChemist
02-20-2010, 09:30 PM
What up What up???
New solo done tonight!

This stuff is all over the place. No real theme. Lots of glitched animations and style (I hope). Still got tons of footage and am probably going to put together two more before Skate 3 comes out. This footage is a little older, like a couple months. Just been sitting on soooo much stuff... need to get it edited together.

Comments and feedback are really appreciated.

Thanks for watching.

kU8J45tLuiA

SeksulChokolate
02-21-2010, 07:02 AM
nice work bc
editing was very smooth and i like your style a lot
kinda has an og skate feel to it
love to see your stil rockin my rds deck ;)

very good job dude

GymAllstar
02-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Cameras are on point as usual man! Good to see something from you again - Loved all the different spots

Ender was rediculous - Tail Finger Flip then the Style Animation before landing in the transition?!?! I have never seen that animation done after a finger flip! Stealing that one bro - good shit all around

mamba12
02-21-2010, 10:27 AM
bert slide
stale noseslide!
270 noseblunt@gvr

Great edit. was that 60 fps? :)

BeatChemist
02-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Chokolate - that rds deck is always in my custom graphics man. for real. I never get rid of it. Looks great when filming and reps Canada. What's not to love about it!?! Thanks for watching the solo, I'm glad you liked it. What did you mean it had an OG feel to it? Just curious...

Gym - I replied to you on the ea forums, but basically I stole that animation from you so you're more than welcome to tailflip it! Thanks for watching man. Always glad to hear from you.

Mamba - BERT SLIDE! hahahah and I love that rail at gvr. it wasn't at 60fps, but there were a few 50% clips that I meant to ramp in AE and didn't cuz I got lazy. So I just time compressed them in Vegas and it induced some interlacing. I don't like how just a few clips have it and some don't, but meh... I just wanted to get this edit done. I use to mess with 60fps a lot, but I just can't be bothered with uploading two copies of every clip. So I just do it if I want to ramp now and roll with 100% clips for everything else. Looking forward to quality improvements in Skate 3 - I imagine you Threat folks are too.

Roccityroller
02-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I thought i commented on this guess not...

this was sweet.. the HD just made it sweeter

intro was awesome
:49 looked awesome...i think it was ramped? perfect
1:35 the slowmo/2nd angle really did this trick justice
1:40 Stale nose blunt and muteflip front smith were sick
The metal barrier setup down the stairs at maloof was sweet, i might steal that.
270 noseblunt at GVR
Overcrook to tail
Dogpiss!
Alley oop footplant transfer at maloof
first ender (on the bench) looked tricky
Tailflip into the bank was sick. did you add some sort of "ramp" sound or was i hearing things?

This was awesome.. i want more ofr these.

BeatChemist
02-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Roc - Wow thanks for the full review! More of these are coming... don't worry. :cool:

Yeah that maloof stair with that rail is just a nice height to work with into and out of. I'm not a huge popless dude, but it would be a good for a lot of that. I think it looks nice on film too. Lots of room to get under the shot with a fisheye if you're into that.

Oh also, I had to go back to the vid and find which clip you were talking about when you said overcrook to tail... lol... you're totally right - that's what it is. I had just never "called" it that in my head when I was working on it, so I had no idea what you meant. I thought that was funny.

As far as the "ramp" sound - it was a car engine revving up that just happened to get caught right in the middle of the ramped part. So it slows down and speeds up with the ramp and is very obvious because of the large change in pitch and distinct timbre of the source sound. I love a ramp with sound like that in it. I was so happy when this one just happened by accident.

Good Tip - Sounds like car horns, sirens, engines, etc always change with each replay in the clip editor. As do falling leaves. So if you get a horn you really hate in the rendered clip, go back and upload again and it will most likely be gone - or at least moved forward or back a bit. You can get tricky with leaves. Really want a leaf to fall all artsy through your foreground?? Get the whole clip edited like you want and ready to upload. Then go to the start and scrub back a forth a little bit over and over. You will remain at the start of the clip, but the leaves will always fall with each direction you move. So the idea is to wait until you get a leaf that appears at the top of the screen, rewind the tiny bit back to the start of the clip, then upload. The render will continue from there and the leaf will fall where you want it to.

Wow... that was a lot longer than I intended it to be... anyways...

I really liked your latest solo too. A few other people were saying it's your best and I think I have to agree. It was solid from front to back. Even with all the 3flips in every clip... :p

Toss a few clips my way and let me put a little guest spot in the next solo! pm me if you're interested!

SeksulChokolate
02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Chokolate - that rds deck is always in my custom graphics man. for real. I never get rid of it. Looks great when filming and reps Canada. What's not to love about it!?! Thanks for watching the solo, I'm glad you liked it. What did you mean it had an OG feel to it? Just curious...

skating reminded me of how it was done in the og days...not too much no pop outs but still was sick as hell
had an awesome flow to it
nice job dude

TheIronSheep
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
:47 looked awesome
liked the gap at :57
liked the trick at 1:37
nice setup at 1:44 :P
i lol'd at 'Yo'
HOLY SHIT AT 2:47.. BLEW MY MIND
dogpiss!! hehe
love the bail before the banger..
the banger was nuts.. tailflip looked beautiful.

such ill skating.. love it. can't wait to see more.

BeatChemist
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
skating reminded me of how it was done in the og days...not too much no pop outs but still was sick as hell
had an awesome flow to it
nice job dude

Ahh I see I totally get what you mean now. I don't spend too much time trying to get popless. I'll try for a bit, but if it's not coming for me then I just move on and film something else.

I use a lot of angles/lenses to make the pops seem smaller though. I can't wait until I can just turn on hardcore mode and skate to my heart's content. No glitches bullshit to get that low pop we all love.

IronSheep - Thanks for the review! The "yo" was totally a spur of the moment thing while editing, and I think it's pretty funny. :) Ender bail was about the camera for me... just felt real. Glad you liked the tricks. More coming soon!

Jack
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Beat, I really, really liked your cams, work on that last line where the car hits you was truly a thing of beauty.

You've got a bunch of great tricks too. Edit was on target. Great song to edit to.

5 thumbs up.

BeatChemist
02-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks Jack! I know I'm not the most tech or fast skater so I try to make up for it with a lot of style through cameras, animations, and editing. I am so psyched to get into a new clip editing setup in Skate 3 because lately I feel like I'm in a rut with cams in S2. New interface/design/toolset is exciting.

Glad you liked that car slam clip. I almost didn't include it - hence the enderbail status it achieved.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Stevland
02-27-2010, 05:38 AM
the rampsetup on the peak and the dogpiss are cool.

maybe you shouldn't use a dissolve on every single transition. totally not needed. especially since it's the exact same lenght of dissolve everytime.

BeatChemist
02-27-2010, 06:48 AM
Hahaha stevland you've found my Achilles heel - disolves. Yeah I use them too much. It's a "beginner's" mistake/crutch. My last solo I made a conscious effort not to use them all the time, but I was hurrying this edit and wasn't as worried about overuse.

Thanks for checking it out! I appreciate the feedback!