PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama

Get Stoked
06-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone see his speech tonight in St. Paul after the primaries... really an amazing speech.

Hillary didn't acknowledge him at all in hers, yet he hardly spoke about himself. Really shows what a great person he is and I'm 100% backing him now.

Anyone have any comments on the situation?

Corrine
06-04-2008, 05:35 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/corrinemil/obama.jpg

Do you smell what Barack is cooking?

DISCLAIMER I mean no disrespect to the man, I haven't a clue about politics and just thought it was a nice pun.

Mac
06-04-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm not too much into politics, and this election is no excepting.

But I, despite not knowing shit about it, like Obama. He just seems more like a man of the people and not Hillary, which is more of a... For the more "wealthy" part of the community.

Shit I dunno, I should just get the fuck out.

BeLLy
06-04-2008, 06:21 AM
^same here

Get Stoked
06-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm not too much into politics, and this election is no excepting.

But I, despite not knowing shit about it, like Obama. He just seems more like a man of the people and not Hillary, which is more of a... For the more "wealthy" part of the community.

Shit I dunno, I should just get the fuck out.

For being not too much into politics, you've judged their political characters very well.

I do suggest looking up one of Barack's speeches, it's quite uplifting and inspiring. Maybe it's not the same if you're from a country that's not America, which... I don't think anyone that's posted is from the U.S. haha.

Corrine
06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
From what I've seen of Barack, there's a refreshing lack of hyperbole and bluster in his speeches. It helps that he has a clear speaking voice unlike our PM Gordon.

Thinking about the 'special relationship' that Thatcher forged with Reagan, I'd like to think that Brown and Obama are singing from basically the same hymn sheet, unlike the Bush/Blair thing where Bush sang the lead and good ol' Tony sang back up.

Mac
06-04-2008, 02:05 PM
For being not too much into politics, you've judged their political characters very well.

I do suggest looking up one of Barack's speeches, it's quite uplifting and inspiring. Maybe it's not the same if you're from a country that's not America, which... I don't think anyone that's posted is from the U.S. haha.
Oh hell, awesome.

And the only morality us Danes have is that we love beer, boobs and ourselves.

Derek Goodspeed
06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
pretty damn happy obamas in...i don't know what i'd do if hilary clinton continued to have a chance to be president (despite what she thinks...)

to me, it seems like this was just something to do for her...just entertainment...a game. i mean, even after she lost, she wouldn't even acknowledge it...

she's completely crazy IMO...and i think obamas gonna be the man to bring america out of the hole that's been dug over the past 8 years...

Get Stoked
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
pretty damn happy obamas in...i don't know what i'd do if hilary clinton continued to have a chance to be president (despite what she thinks...)

to me, it seems like this was just something to do for her...just entertainment...a game. i mean, even after she lost, she wouldn't even acknowledge it...

she's completely crazy IMO...and i think obamas gonna be the man to bring america out of the hole that's been dug over the past 8 years...

Completely agree. Last night, Hillary proved in her speech that she can't handle tough situations or (gasp) admit defeat and call it quits (what could we expect out of her in Iraq... it's the same situation on a much larger scale, time to quit biatch.)

I'm really hoping American's don't become ignorant and vote republican... It'll be nice to have a president that's not white for once, it'll really help out our foreign relationships and teach American's to be more accepting.

Get Stoked
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/corrinemil/obama.jpg

Do you smell what Barack is cooking?

DISCLAIMER I mean no disrespect to the man, I haven't a clue about politics and just thought it was a nice pun.

By the way, this should have totally been Obama's slogan/ad picture.

Mac
06-05-2008, 04:05 AM
It'll be nice to have a president that's not white for once, it'll really help out our foreign relationships and teach American's to be more accepting.
If he is to be elected, it has to be because he's the right person to be the head of the US, not 'cause of his skin color. Of course it will help the race discrimination to a certain degree, but I doubt it'll be much.

Get Stoked
06-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Well, obviously. It is one of the good things about him though, it'll make America seem more accepting and not like a bunch of redneck tyrants.

Mac
06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Well, obviously. It is one of the good things about him though, it'll make America seem more accepting and not like a bunch of redneck tyrants.
I think it'll only effect a small part of the population. But I've never seen America too much like "redneck tyrants". But yeah, in some way, it'll help.

Get Stoked
06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
There are certain parts of America, like North Carolina for instance, where a vast majority of people are ignorant, uneducated, and moderately to insanely racist. It's no one's fault but their own and force feeding these people change will be beneficial.

Mac
06-05-2008, 04:27 PM
There are certain parts of America, like North Carolina for instance, where a vast majority of people are ignorant, uneducated, and moderately to insanely racist. It's no one's fault but their own and force feeding these people change will be beneficial.
I have no clue what so ever about which areas of the country which are populated by those dipshits, but those people seem like they could learn some more about being open to the world. So if Obama gets elected it would might help those parts.

or perhaps not; they may be too far up their own asses to even give a shit about it.

Shit, I dunno.

ckymt1
07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
OK, firstly this is not aimed at attacking anyone so if you feel like your being "attacked" i didn't mean it. (you didn't see me).

Basically at this point I'm undecided on which candidate, but there's one thing in this election that I get real pissed off about and it annoys the hell out of me.

I'm talking about the band wagon barack people. Now if you know his policies, blah blah blah, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the people(mainly teenagers who want to be accepted by their peers) who endorse barack and buy shirts with his face on it and it says "change" at the bottom who don't really know jack shit about him or his policies. All that they know is "change" and "hope"... his slogans. I don't know how some people can be so arrogant and idiotic, that they think they are "political" all of the sudden and that they're "cool" if they support the candidate everyone else is, but clearly do not know anything about politics. [/rant]

lookingforgold
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I think he will bring about a revolution because I heard it on CNN. True story.

Adio0709
07-02-2008, 10:46 PM
TRUE THAT :cool:

lookingforgold
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM
however, I feel qutie conflicted on his nomination for presidency as CNN also told me he was an elitist terrorist. And that just won't do.

KushKrashBOOM
07-03-2008, 01:22 AM
I really dont see how people can even STILL think about voting republican... 8 years of this bullshit, it surprises me that anyone would even consider republican anymore :(

GO BARACK

Anjo606
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Wierd about hilary. First she was a main rival candidate for obama, and now she wants to drop out to support his campaign

lookingforgold
07-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Wierd about hilary. First she was a main rival candidate for obama, and now she wants to drop out to support his campaign

She doesn't want to. Barack got the necessary number of super delegates to secure the Democratic Party nomination. American politics are weird.