PDA

View Full Version : camera test

TheIronSheep
02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnHWY04kCg

more to see if i can improve on anything, i've been hermit'n away for a long time but i'm back to reply to stuff.

sorry

:(

your pal sheep

ps: any comments and criticism is welcome + needed

TheIronSheep
02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
im just gonna give this the ol' bumpety bump for right now

hope nobody kills me :(

Jack
02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
what kind of test is it?

I'm always cautious about giving filming criticism.

Not unwilling mind you, just cautious. No reason to make enemies.

Watching is always the first step. Check out Demzilla's cams. He goes 24 mm, nice and low, always shows his board graphics, but you might have trouble getting all of his movement unless you have a capture card.

See if you can get a trick you love, and then spend like 40 minutes fucking with the cams until you get full frame pop, trick, and landing. Those are your three most important parts of the trick.

Also, the cam system is complicated, finicky, and fickle. It takes a shit load of time to figure out how to manipulate it.

Check some youtube tutorials. Practice makes perfect.

Also, please don't take this the wrong way. I just hate seeing you float a bump like that and getting no response.

If you get really frustrated, clear all of your markers and start with the landing of the trick, make the rollaway nice and stable, then film your entire trick in reverse. If you use this method, stay at 24 mm until you really get it figured out.

Hope that helps. Welcome to fluckit.:)

heshfield
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
nice, man. The hard work is paying off; keep it up.

HorseHead
02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
That was pretty cool, definitely some improvement. Pole jam definitely looked smooth. In my opinion it would be even better if you could get a bit closer. It's like having front row seats at a concert instead of nosebleed seats. Everything seems more epic if you're right up in the action. As long as you don't ghost/go transparent.

Do you know about the lense size glitches? That might help you out a bit too. There's tutorials on youtube somewhere. I usually film at 16mm for lines and stuff and around 130mm for long lense shots. Just be careful going further than 150mm with the lense glitch because you'll lose some of the sound.

It seems like you're doing a pretty good job of keeping the camera smooth. I saw a couple of weird shaky spots. When I film I just try to use as few key frames as possible, experiment a bit and see which key frames you can do without, delete some and see what happens. You can always put them back if it screws things up.

But, that's just my opinion on stuff, just giving you some ideas. In the end you should just do whatever looks good to you.

TheIronSheep
02-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Jack- it was more of a camera test than anything, trying to get my angles down so it looks really good. Thanks for the comments man, I appreciate the time you took to give me some pointers on how to look even better.

Hesh- thanks bud, i'm trying for improvement :)

Horse- I didn't know about the lens size glitches but thanks man! I'm trying to get the skating and cameras smooth so I can make some sweet videos and hopefully make my way onto some sort of team..

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/965289/1892603.aspx

so is this even more of an improvement?

Jack
02-23-2010, 08:16 PM
yeah man. You know, you're cams were not bad to begin with.

Just think of it like you've got something to show off, so show as much as you possibly can.

I only put down a little explanation because you called the thread camera test. I do know that almost everyone has different filming techniques. It's the one part of the game that you ultimately have complete control over.

Roccityroller
02-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Jack- it was more of a camera test than anything, trying to get my angles down so it looks really good. Thanks for the comments man, I appreciate the time you took to give me some pointers on how to look even better.

Hesh- thanks bud, i'm trying for improvement :)

Horse- I didn't know about the lens size glitches but thanks man! I'm trying to get the skating and cameras smooth so I can make some sweet videos and hopefully make my way onto some sort of team..

so is this even more of an improvement?

that link didn't work for me, but this clip looked awesome

thebullet
02-24-2010, 09:18 AM
my only suggestion (and maybe it's been said) is on your lines, get lower to the ground. I find that helps sometimes. Just my opinion though.