PDA

View Full Version : Cover

TheClosetMonkey
02-26-2010, 12:47 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/02/skate3coverpost580.jpg

Clickety click (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/25/skate-3-cover-revealed-plus-new-dev-diary-and-screens/)

What do you all think? Personally I love it.

StrabMawr
02-26-2010, 01:41 AM
professionally speaking I think it pretty poor.
I can see how they went for a more "kid friendly" cover to appeal to the TH crowd, but the logo seems to have been dumped near the 3..the bump mapping on the skateboard leaves a lot to be desired, one would have assumed that they would have made more of an effort for the packsot.
I really liked the artsy feel of the original, the second was good as a concept, this doesn't quite realise itself.
On the plus side, the render looks like it was taken in game.
I think what saddens me most is the fact that skate has strayed from it's original "hardcore" feel (check out the mockups from the OG thread)
We've gone from Thrasher to ESPN...

PS3 Skater
02-27-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree with strawb, i think that the cover looks as if it is designed for the tony hawk crowd, dont get me wrong its still nice, however i did love the original skate 1 cover, it had a really nice artistic feel to it but hey, there is the whole, 'dont judge a book by its cover' lol

RWJReaL86
02-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Personally I like the first two covers better... I agree with the whole "from Thrasher to ESPN" statement. However, I for one like the new cover. Thinking of the progression of the story in each game, it should feel like we've gone from looking to be sponsored to now getting as much coverage as our hearts desire. And honestly the cover doesn't give me that THPS feeling, it just makes me wanna skate the first bowl I see on Skate 3.

max
03-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Is it just me or does it look like both of the guy's feet are pointing in different directions (left foot toe pointing to the right and right foot toe pointing to the left)?

K05T0N
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
i think your looking at the heels

Nelson
03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Is it just me or does it look like both of the guy's feet are pointing in different directions (left foot toe pointing to the right and right foot toe pointing to the left)?

What your looking at on the right side of the top foot is the characters bent knee.

PS3 Skater
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
lol that would be a bit of an odd shaped foot if it was the same shape as his bent knee lol

OMGLOOL
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow, thats really poor IMO. But hey it doesnt really matter about the cover if the game is good, which it looks like it is :p

PyR0MaNiAc225
03-24-2010, 06:56 PM
I just wanna slap that sticker on my e-board