PDA

View Full Version : Sheep

TheIronSheep
02-27-2010, 10:32 PM
hi guys its sheep again...

with a 2:22 solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7I2zyWgZlk

any comments/criticism is welcome and appreciated.

<3
thx u

love sheep

RWJReaL86
02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Nice vid, man! I'd like some of the angles better if they were closer to the skater. I have the same issue when I make my clips, tryna get into the habit.

But otherwise great stuff! Saw a varial heel to salad in there?? really nice.

And a nollie kickflip to blunt that was extremely clean.

Thumbs up!

SupaFly
02-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Alot of strange trick selections(mach 10 switch lazerflip fakie smith?),also,i find it very hard to tell wich way you skate,pick one (goofy or reg) and try to stick to it,they did some tricky things with the controls when skating switch that you should utilize,its much more rewarding that way.Refer to this video tutorial .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnyTWN46E2M

A positive would be your line filming when using fisheye,pretty good for the most part.

TheIronSheep
02-28-2010, 11:37 AM
J-Real: thanks for the comments man, I'm trying to get the cameras closer to my skater, but it keeps ghosting and frustrating the hell out of me. Thanks again for the comments.

SupaFly: Thank you very much for the tutorial about switch skating, I didn't know it existed. I never really noticed that I was half regular and half switch coming into most of the tricks. And I didn't really realize how retarded my trick selection was until I uploaded it and thought 'oh fuck, nobody could ever do that', hahaha.

I've been trying to get the filming down too, so I'm glad that came across. Thanks for your honestly, I really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tAu0i5VOg

(heres 1:03 of me using 10mm and trying to get closer to my skater but failing with epic proportions)

RWJReaL86
02-28-2010, 12:02 PM
I think the fisheye vid at slappy's just needs a lower angle. I normally put the camera on the ground then lift it just a bit to keep it from doing the thing where it zooms halfway across the city. When your skater changes levels (on hills and inclines) compensate with the camera at the bottom of the hill first. Instead of keeping the low angle and letting the camera crash into the hill messing up countless other markers, just lift it up. When you get a low angle marker at the top of the hill go back to the other marker and lower the camera, and presto! The camera should stay low through the whole shot without hitting the ground.

And if all else fails, I edit my vids backwards. A little more difficult, but it's easier to get those shots without the mishaps. Now if only I could stay closer to the skater...

Magic needs to open a dojo. ;)

TheIronSheep
02-28-2010, 01:22 PM
that camera idea to put it high and then move it down after editing is genius. i'll definitely be doing that from now on. Thanks man.

Jack
02-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I honestly feel like your doing yourself a favor hanging at fluckit.

Keep rolling with the positive feedback, figure out which tricks you love, which ones make you excited, and then it's just all about playing a game you love.

SeksulChokolate
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I honestly feel like your doing yourself a favor hanging at fluckit.

Keep rolling with the positive feedback, figure out which tricks you love, which ones make you excited, and then it's just all about playing a game you love.

i completely agree with this
you can tell your gettin alot better and as long as your havin fun doin what your doin thats all that matters cause.....its a videogame haha

but i can def see progress and it looks like your havin fun
your not just goin to jump right in and make amazing videos...takes time dude

keep it up

TheIronSheep
02-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Jack & SeksulChokolate - thanks for the comments guys, I'm really appreciating the fluckit community, soo helpful otherwise i'd be making movies that looked like the cameraman was on LSD.

love for all

<3