PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd Fake person's fake solo of fakeness

thebullet
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
sometimes, i get bored of playing the same way.

It's kinda fun to take a different approach to the game sometimes. Anyways, this was supposed to be a more "realistic" type character, even though i kept finding myself falling into the same habits.

Most of this stuff was pretty easy, cept for the ender, I tried to redo it in my bullety form, but could not get it as good.

enough ranting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELMeXZCnisk

Jack
03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
you should have posted this as happyhourxxx, see what happened.

It's both excellent and hilarious. Bullet, there's a brilliant satirist hiding in there.

That being said, this is on par with Kanen's style, no question about it.
:)

thebullet
03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
yeah, i posted it as happyhour over at ea. I was gonna do it here, but I didn't want to have to make 10 fake posts before I could put up a link, haha. I think most people figured out it was me earlier anyways. I was banking that they've forgotten by now.

But kanen's style? not even close.

You actually get a pretty good appreciation for that style of play once you try to do it yourself. I kinda felt like i sucked at it pretty bad. But it's fun. Like if I spend 2 hours playing and don't get a clip, I just log in as happyhour and upload like 6 clips in an hour. Makes you feel real good about yourself, haha.

skatejake
03-04-2010, 03:07 PM
damn... that bs overcrooks at g.e.d. was so sick

seamonkeymadnss
03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
holy ballsack batman. that was crazy

Flying_Seel
03-04-2010, 03:23 PM
jack must have been smoking crack when he said that this was on par with kanen. hahaha.

that aside, this was actually really awesome. i was expecting a shits and giggles vid but i liked it. haha.

saunders420
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
i got faked out over at ea thinkn it was flixxx :eek:

well done bullet....well done

skelli_bonez
03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
bullet left psychonaut for bks! burn him at the stake!!!!!!!1111!!!!!

<3 bullet that was really good jesus

your a fucking nut

everytrick <3

Jack
03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
what can I say . . . sometimes I (don't) smoke crack. It's a bad habit.

I was kind of being a smart ass, though.

thebullet
03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
ok, just so we are all clear here, this is in NO WAY meant to poke fun at the realistic crowd. I guess when I said some of this stuff was easy i can now see it being taken that way.

No, i actually really enjoy playing like this sometimes, and if anything it's made me appreciate it 100 times more. Also, I'm aware that a lot of it is not that good too.

Last thing I want is another argument on our hands.

knexzor
03-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I actually have something similar cookin... So I can see where your coming from.
Loved it alot, first trick was fucking brilliant. Well pretty much every clip, but you know that.

I love how I still could see some bullety cameras in there. I guess that's why blindkid thought it was eflixxx hahah

great work mate

darthmonkeyman
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Ha this was actually pretty good man!
Its fun sometimes to skate a different way...

Jack
03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Bullet . . . I also was not trying to put egg on this. The kanen reference was supposed to be a compliment. Kanen's skill is so obvious that it needs no explanation.

I watched all of ABD and thought it was quite enjoyable.

No beef, only love, and a little boredeom working a late night.

Flying_Seel
03-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Last thing, I want another argument on our hands.

wait what!?

SeksulChokolate
03-04-2010, 06:08 PM
you kill realistically and bulletly...is that a word?
regardless nice work man
edit and filming was spot on
trick selection was awesome

heshfield
03-04-2010, 07:04 PM
kind of surreal watching that knowing it was you playing.
Had a similar feel to something from BKS, but I think that was mostly because of the song. Its funny 'cause Ive been seeing the commercial for the 'Where the Wild Things Are' DVD and it reminds me of the BKS/Second Nature style.
the skating was excellent and made for a really well rounded part. 3flip lip, FS halfcab noseslide, and tailslide bigspin--all so clean.

mamba12
03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
so good. uppin your chances for FSOTY i see... seriously you can do everything.

opener was ridiculous
back blunt clean out
back hurry
plus numerous perfect pops/good poplesses

you're good

bohemian
03-05-2010, 04:10 AM
bastard! u got me again!
i really need to stop smoking hash, my brain stopped working ages ago.

Demzilla
03-05-2010, 06:11 AM
ive kinda been in the same boat latly...
strickly because slower gets me more spots...
while i enjoy the challenge....
FUCK FILMING IT....
it just doesnt have that umph im looking for..
having said that..
this the reason your character look diff..
but...
i liked it...
good edit...precision....pace....

i also didnt consider this a cheep shot at the realism guys untill i saw the film burns...

film burns are gay to me....
to each his own though...

bullets still in my top 5....

BeatChemist
03-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Sweet Jesus Bullet!!!

This was really good! I too was expecting something kind of tongue in cheek mocking hyper-realistic skating... but it wasn't. You killed it dude!

Opener clip was soooooo sick looking, especially with the great movement of the cam. But everything was good man. You really have a great handle on this game.

And I know what you mean about getting frustrated trying to film one trick then just changing styles/focus and then uploading like 10 clips in an hour. I just don't have multiple accounts...

Anyways, I liked this a lot. I would not be upset at all if I saw this kind of skating in a Bullet video. Don't limit yourself too much!!

thebullet
03-05-2010, 08:05 AM
dammit, this vid gets more attention then my normal vids. Maybe I should reconsider this whole BULLET angle.

Anyways, Demz, yeah, I guess I can see how the filmburns look like I'm poking fun, but I've always had sort of a guilty pleasure with the filmburns (but I can see how most find them kinda fruity), I just never feel like it's appropriate to use them. But with the alter-ego? Bring em on.

Thanks everyone else for the comments. If you ever get bored with the game, I highly recommend doing something like this. It's refreshing to approach it from a different angle and it can make playing fun again. And then when you go back to playing as your normal self, that feels fun again too. You can get free silver accounts on xbox and it lets you go onto ea nation and upload clips, you just can't do any online sessions or party's.

Anyways, thanks again dudes.

thesignguy
03-05-2010, 08:09 AM
the good clips reminded me of a slow tubs

I liked the whole thing, I always strive to make unrealistic stuff look real, huh?

GymAllstar
03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
the good clips reminded me of a slow tubs

I liked the whole thing

I was thinking the same EXACT thing Sign Guy- weird..

Loved this as much as your "other" bullet stuff man. I really liked the cams and tricks of your alter ego.. All these tricks looked like they took you more time to get done good and clean. You see here.. you CAN have sketchy landings while skating more realistically and have it still look awesome. "bullet-Style" cams mixed in with the nice long lens shots looked fucking sick as well. I am just jealous that now I know you can skate 2 ways better than I can even get close to by skating one way/my way.. Damn it

Roccityroller
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
wow had a similar, multi-personality idea i was working on, but more of a jekyll/hyde collabo video... but this blew my mind. The over-k at GED was prolly my favorite and the opening under the rail ducking doo-hickey.