PDA

View Full Version : The Officially Unofficial Skate News Letter

SonicKaos
09-26-2008, 07:30 PM
This time it's fully functional!

I decided to make another newsletter for Skate 2 and Skate It for fun, but this time the links should be fully usable.* Since I don't have a program that can mass mail the letter out in the body of an email, I've got my friend to host it on his server.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.jcluthedevelopment.com/SonicKaos/SkateNewsletter2.html

* Link to the New San Van Tour will not work, because the tour isn't out yet. It likely wont work unless I guessed the right URL it will be put under, but once the tour is released I will update it to link properly. Sorry if I got your hopes up by seing the clickable link!

Tell me what you think of it! Should I do more? What should be different? etc.

Thanks for checking it out!

Edit: Also, the new Cuz blog is up, and apparently the tour is delayed until next week... So I guess the newsletter isn't totally accurate at the moment, but that stuff is beyond my control :(

KushKrashBOOM
09-26-2008, 07:40 PM
the site looks awesome, sonic
but i dont really favor the screeny up top...

SonicKaos
09-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Yea, I like it but it doesn't size well... unfortunately, compared to all the other Skate 2 pictures I could find, it sized the best. The rest were terrible blurry, stretched or otherwise smushed.

I can only work with what's available to me lol.

ps. I hate getting rid of watermarks.

Mac
09-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Man, that's dope.

My only dislike of the site is the stretched banner. But hey, fuck that, the rest compensates.

Hitmanx123
09-27-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah what Mac said

SonicKaos
09-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Cool stuff. Just to let everyone know, the newsletter has been replaced with a slightly upgraded version. Same link, better quality letter. I'm going to let everyone else know tomorrow on the official site, but for anyone who cares to give it a second look, it's been slightly improved.

The header is stretched a little so it's not quite as squished, and a few things have been added/moved around. Nothing big, but it does make a bit of a difference.

EmmitBrown
09-28-2008, 05:07 AM
hahaha....i like it sonic, except every time i peep it i instinctively click the "tour" button in hopes of seeing some of new san van that we haven't been privvy to yet....hahaha

in time.....

nice work tho, i likes

be a debaser
09-28-2008, 08:27 AM
if you would like this linked with fluckit let me know... i can set you up with an FTP and subdirectory and link on the front page, for example:

http://newsletter.skatefluckit.com

PM is ya want it :)

SonicKaos
09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I know what ya mean Emmit... I made the thing and I still feel like clicking it once in a while in hopes of something actually being there haha. I just guessed at the link by following the pattern on the main site though. They'll either be cool and notice what I did so it'll work without me fixing it, or they'll just make it something weird.

I'll get back to you Debaser, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the newsletter after this one just yet.

Hitmanx123
09-28-2008, 11:10 AM
hopefully it all works out tho, so sonic are u gunna put any new things on the site? or like add anything after u finish it?

SonicKaos
09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
It's not really a website, just a single page that's residing on my friends server. I don't really have anything new to put up on anything other then that really anyway...

There are already 2 fansites for Skate, and I'm already here... I don't think starting a website is really needed for me lol.