03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
nicked from the kids...

http://gameone.de/tv/125

footage starts at 1:10

there's a lot of tonyness in the footage :eek:

schnavolda
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
there's a lot of tonyness in the footage :eek:

no wonder. they say they had the most fun with the hall of meat challenges and want more death races.

you can now push pedestrians and other skaters around like in that deathrace clip.

they say the contrast between light and dark areas is so big, you sometimes can't see your surroundings in really dark areas.

maloof is back in there i guess.

they also say that the park editor's handling is cumbersome and that even tony hawk did that better ten years ago. and in the little clip they show of it, it looks as if all my fears regarding the park editor are true.

StrabMawr
03-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Danke schnavolda...

from the very little german I remember(or could understand), they did seem to like the "arcadeness" of it all....
and what the fuck was that ship all about, that and the shark jumping really worries me as to the direction skate is heading...but that's for another thread after release...

Demzilla
03-25-2010, 08:48 AM
i just like new footy...

and yeah when we were in san fran everyone was all over teh shark...
i couldnt find it..
then south pointed out that it was above my head so i just started cracking up....
useless...

and il bet 5 dollars that they didnt like the create a park because it wasnt on a locked bullshit grid pattern like the th games...
which we all can agree is a definite improvement...

HorseHead
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM
New footage is always cool, I just want to see more of the city. I think it looked a little more "hawkish" because they were using the zoomed out game camera. As far as Create A Park being difficult, oh well. NOTHING is ever going to be perfect, but I think we're getting pretty close to that. New city, create a park, better gc, hardcore mode. 1.5 months left. Gamestop better have that shit and my DLC code ready.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad that they didn't like it. If they were stoked on it, I think I'd be a little worried.

schnavolda
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
and il bet 5 dollars that they didnt like the create a park because it wasnt on a locked bullshit grid pattern like the th games...

honestly, it looks like it's a grid pattern park due to limited 90 degree rotation of pieces. it already did in the skate create video. but that's a different story.

what i make of the little they say i guess they mean that its handling is not intuitive with the way the menus are how everything controls and feels.

Demzilla
03-25-2010, 09:45 AM
"its handling is not intuitive with the way the menus are how everything controls and feels. "

yeah agreed...
there is a grid pattern but you dont have to work within it...
you can move stuff where ever you want...
bigger stuff might be locked though depending on the size of the object...

qp..
tilt 90 degree..
sink..
curved ledge...
done..
excited...

schnavolda
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
qp..
tilt 90 degree..
sink..
curved ledge...
done..
excited...

you know, that's exactly the kind of stuff i look forward to the most. abuse pieces as something they were not meant for. :)

Demzilla
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
imagine connecting all kinds of random shit to each other,.....
something that makes no sense to skate...
then start flipping that bitch over and upside down...

shits insane just thinkin about it...

StrabMawr
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
I've gone through the create vid frame by frame in HD and none of the parks shown have any objects that aren't a 90 degree rotation, but saying that when cuz drops that rail there is a rotation button...when the object dropper comes up cuz goes into xray mode :)
Demz has stated that there is 360 rotation on objects, so do the park creator and object dropper share the same code or are they seperate entities??

schnavolda
03-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Demz has stated that there is 360 rotation on objects, so do the park creator and object dropper share the same code or are they seperate entities??

the object dropper drops the stuff that is named "props" items in the park editor. the props items are todays regular movables. they are freely movable as they are in s2.

but i have the feeling that the regular park items are only 90 degree rotatable (is that even a word?).