Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBf_FRt-5VU

Comments or Feedback Welcome!

TheIronSheep
03-27-2010, 08:45 PM
please please please please stop pushing mongo

Any Isle
03-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Are you really that upset with mongo pushing?

C'mon... People do it in real life!

knexzor
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM

yeah and those people are idiots

thesignguy
03-29-2010, 02:50 PM

In a way I kinda agree with this, I mean the mongo pushing in this video is one of the last things causing this video to be bad.

I have said it before, if you took more time on the best trick in each of your videos making it look not so glitchy put all those clips into one vid, put it to a song that you could leave the volume at least kind of up on, you might have a decent watch.

Some of these tricks I can see myself doing but I would only film it if I spent the time making it look right. Sometimes acomplishing a trick is not the final try. But still you do your thing and I respect it, you have not changed anything that I can see from criticism from prob over 40 vids by now.

StrabMawr
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm starting to think you're either very stupid or just pig headed or maybe very young...we've tried to help you as much as possible, but every time you post a vid nothing changes.
The mongo pushing just looks shit, it makes you look like you don't know which way your skating and therefore the tricks are haphazard.
I'm not sure why you post you're vids because if it's to get some sort of kudos then you would take heed when you ask "Comments or Feedback Welcome! "
I'll give you credit because you obviously spend time trying to improve by learning popless etc but seem to miss the point completely..
and how many times have I had to turn off the sound, it seems that only you enjoy that cacophony of a soundtrack..
I would suggest for your next vid you recreate a real life part, you've probably got the skills to pull it off, if you work at it..spend a month or two when s3 comes out filming it, rather than making a vid every other week.... show us you've actually taken in some of our comments...remember less is more ;)

Any Isle
03-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I do try to take the advice people give me and I really think I've improved... Don't you guys? I thought that this vid was good... It just has a theme and I guess you guys don't like that part the most about my vids.?

I watch alot of these people's vids. that people kiss their asses so much I want to puke and I think that it's not that impressive... Like some stuff is cool but most of the stuff I see is pretty boring to watch like GSP fighting in the UFC!(I'm Canadian by the way...!)

Sorry, but I'm not gonna change the music to make anyone happy... I don't like alot of music I hear on people's vids. and I don't feel the need to tell them to change it...

And about mashups...

The OG Skate game was done by Z-Trip... Basically the inventer of mashups... and the soundtrack was pretty much all mashups and remixes...

Thanks for the feedback and advice!

StrabMawr
03-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah got to agree with you that there's a lot of arse kissing in the fake skate scene...most of the vids I watch too seem to be the same old thing...there are very few guys who actually are impressive or innovative, in real life a switch kickflip 50-50 down a long rail is damn hard, but I personally don't see the point of it in skate...
I think with the advent of hardcore mode in s3 it'll be easier for so many people to do "realistic" lines that the vids that are to come will be even more mundane...

Any Isle
03-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for agreeing with me... that's a first from anyone on here!

Flying_Seel
03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
And about mashups...

The OG Skate game was done by Z-Trip... Basically the inventer of mashups... and the soundtrack was pretty much all mashups and remixes...

so THATS why i turned off the soundtrack on skate 1.

Cookiesupporter
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Ok Mister Any Isle, your style is unique! Said it on youtube (sicbrick) so I wont repeat myself.
This was the first time I saw a video of yours, so I don't know whether you "improved" or not, also I think there was enough "stop pushin mongo" advice. The song is always up to the creator, so I like your "it's my oppinion" attitude.
On the other hand the song really didn't fit your skating. My advice (besides the mongo thing ;:p ) is to look for a song you like AND fits your skateing...it might be hard, but it's worth. If the song fits, the video is 10x better.

In the end I really don't wanna hate or anything, and I agree on the whole buttkissin thing in the "scene". It's a game, and we really got enough realistic cats blastin another "50s with..." every week, so I appreciate your style, still you should take more time to get the cams and shit. Try follow cams and stuff, make your stuff look cleaner than it is!
A bit of work on your stuff and you might end up as the mullen of ea skate, so keep them comin!

Any Isle
03-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Ok Mister Any Isle, your style is unique! Said it on youtube (sicbrick) so I wont repeat myself.
This was the first time I saw a video of yours, so I don't know whether you "improved" or not, also I think there was enough "stop pushin mongo" advice. The song is always up to the creator, so I like your "it's my oppinion" attitude.
On the other hand the song really didn't fit your skating. My advice (besides the mongo thing ;:p ) is to look for a song you like AND fits your skateing...it might be hard, but it's worth. If the song fits, the video is 10x better.

In the end I really don't wanna hate or anything, and I agree on the whole buttkissin thing in the "scene". It's a game, and we really got enough realistic cats blastin another "50s with..." every week, so I appreciate your style, still you should take more time to get the cams and shit. Try follow cams and stuff, make your stuff look cleaner than it is!
A bit of work on your stuff and you might end up as the mullen of ea skate, so keep them comin!\

Thanks for the advice and I'll try to work on some of those things you mentioned!

And thanks for accepting my music and thinking that I got some creativity!

Much thanks bro!

-Any Isle

Demzilla
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
you know i was kinda pissed about anys thread at ea and now im kinda pissed its moved over to here...

i understand the argument...
but at the end of the day, dudes just being himself...

any...

i didnt really like the film...
and its simply because its not a normal fake video..
that being said...
crazy entertaining...
i watch all your shit..
you know why?...
cause you do shit differently...
more techniques..
more quirks...
more of shit i think i may be able to work off of or gain from....
personally i think we need more people like you....

very sorry about the kids table rants and here also...
and to be honest...
when s1 started....
i was in the same boat in concerns with "sloppy" shit...

its just me being me and you being you...
so be it..

thesignguy
04-01-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm not sure I understand where demz is comming from on this one. I just re read the comments, and all of them for the most part fall under the posters request for comments and feedback welcome.
Yes harsh things were said about the music, same as roc's thread. I was bull headed with mongo pushing in the begining too, then I realized it was more because the final product just looks bad, much like several tricks ingame that look horrible. If no body is going to speak there honest mind on these things i doubt they will leave comments at all. I vividly remember my bad comments:
Adopted, my music choice sucked ( i now spend more time matching my style/beat to my skating)
Corey webster, 50 to 5050 to 50 is that really what you were trying to do? I now spend more timemaking every trick from start to finish look good.
Revo, his was like nelsons i guess
Point is my possitive comments only helped me choose what clips to use for my best of's. I tried harder on the negative comments.
Any isle gets more comments here than some regulars, so in some way he is doing something that makes peeps look at his vids, if he cant read between the lines and see what good almost each poster put, then so be it.

I didnt see any, get good, go away comments. I see people that w ant more, just better quality. At least i do

Skatehead
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
idk i give u credit..u take everyones shit and keep on going and doing what u know how 2 do....and it takes alot of heart 2 come back a weeklater and post the same shit and take what u take ....ur just doing u my friend.

Roccityroller
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
hmmm... [flame suit]

i haven't watched any of your vids since your first one, partially... no mainly beccause of the music. and because you weren't very good at taking criticism.

but i watched this one (with the sound off, sorry) and i have to say. I'm a little disappointed in fluckit.

Yea, you pushed mongo.. we're not saying people don't do it in real life, but the animation for it in-game is ugly, that's why people are telling you not to. Maybe TRY to not do that?

There is some really original stuff in here... first couple of tricks were creative, i can never get anything with those ungrindable stallls but you and SG make them look easy.

hippy jump back lip (2nd to last trick) shoulda been the ender, thhat was sweet.

I thought fluckit was the bar... where we accepted vids that were a little different and out there? Maybe doesn't conform to the skatee 2 community rules and regulations for fake skateboarding? That's why i always loved it here... lets not lose that.

*edit* oh yea, one more thing... trick selection... it felt like there were a lot of nollie hardflips in this. Nothing wrong with nollie hardflips, just switch it up once in awhile, it makes it feel a little less repetitive.

Redhook
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Just watched this. It's different, thats for sure. Not a bad thing.

Some very creative setups with movable objects in this vid. the footplant flingerflip at :34 was pretty sick. the ungrindable stuff was pretty cool as well.

I wasn't a fan of pumping through ramps to hit tricks. I understand a hurry up push when theres no room to set up a trick but it seemed like you where pumping through everything.

I can forgive the mongo push but it was used alot. This is all personal preference though. There is nothing wrong with playing the game the way you enjoy playing it. Bottom line is what you did in the vid was very original and i can appreciate that. It may not be my cup of tea but do your thing.