PDA

View Full Version : online freeskate trailer

schnavolda
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH99nIV6FaA

looks like the whole town is open for free skate and we'll have movables.

i predict a lot more multi-person stuff for team videos.

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
hopefully dropables too

sk8cdt
04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
im not so sure that it is whole world freeskate. notice how at the beginning when one of them is in the university and the other is in the industrial, they are in separate games, then once they meet up they are in the same room

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
im not so sure that it is whole world freeskate. notice how at the beginning when one of them is in the university and the other is in the industrial, they are in separate games, then once they meet up they are in the same room

Obviously not whole world, but whole district is likely :)

sk8cdt
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
thats what im figuring, like anyone i wish we could have the whole city, but its highly unlikely that we will. just too difficult for the game to handle

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2010, 03:23 PM
thats what im figuring, like anyone i wish we could have the whole city, but its highly unlikely that we will. just too difficult for the game to handle

yeah, but really, why would you play online and be in different districts, you play online to skate together right?

schnavolda
04-28-2010, 12:09 AM
we were all wrong, sadly. :(

quoted from cuz at the kid's table.

Every location in the game can be freeskated online, but the freeskate areas are broken into section similar to the previous two games. Once in an online freeskate, any player can propose the next location/challenge (including co-op challenges), plus the host can also change location or challenge at any time. Being able to freeskate continuously from one end of the city is not really possible as you’ll need to switch freeskate locations along the way, and each district of the city is already geographically separate to begin with.

The dream of freeskating everwhere, all the time, online with huge parties is still a dream for us. Of course, we have looked into doing what we can, but it wasn't realistc at this time. We are stoked we got movable objects and the ability to co-op most career challenges, in addition to a mess of other online and community based related improvements.

Stevland
04-28-2010, 02:03 AM
the most important question is, will we have online replay editor. and i'm not talking about the useless "save in the dark" feature. if it doesn't have that, bye bye online once again.

quetonto1
04-28-2010, 04:33 AM
yeah stev,

they put the full replay editor in,

was in the skate.create video i think, anyway its in =)

Stevland
04-28-2010, 04:41 AM
aight, cool, just watched that again. "instant replay will be available in online freeskate" sounds good.