PDA

View Full Version : skate 3 contest event...

adda89ldn
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
okay, so i have an idea for a skate 3 contest.

just like any contest.

3 runs format, in a created park.

will need help with creating the course, and judges.

and of course participants.

seamonkeymadnss
04-29-2010, 07:46 PM
I actually really like this idea. uses every aspect of skate create.

big collabo park
contest to decide the graphic. gets used/ advertised on all the billboards around the park.
qualifiers, etc
cameramen etc

it'd probably be 1v1 qualifiers if you have judges and camera guys or whatever but that could be decided later.

I really like this idea. I could definitely see it going places with this community behind it

blackhawk17
04-29-2010, 08:10 PM
i love it. im down to help create a park for it.

u thinking of an actual park or like a lotl type of thing

adda89ldn
04-30-2010, 04:18 AM
well, i was thinking since create a park allows scaffolding, the judges can be there to watch.

if the parks a big collabo things that'd be sick, and since there's assets, the logo can be a mix of people gc's

the idea would be everyone do they're runs. the judges split around the course. or everyone judge different sections or something.
have a good filmer too.

blackhawk17
04-30-2010, 09:20 AM
itd prolly be better to make the course then have whoever is in it to post there run/runs instead of a person trying to watch them do it. i unno...just a thought. i do like the idea of judges watching everything go down but it doesnt always work out.

adda89ldn
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
yeah, probably would work better considering timezones and stuff. but it'll be judged on consistency, style and best tricks. first try stuff, so if everyone was assigned a time that worked with the judges and the participants. or a filmer to make sure it's not sometime spending hours trying that line and stuff.

Permy
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
So down for this

a second fluckit park?
whaaa?

knexzor
05-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I like this idea alot.

As blackhawk pointed out it would be pretty hard for anyone to judge, so I'd say skip the idea of consistency altogether.

Here's how I'd like to see it go down:
A select few members design the park (could be a fuzz if everyone wanted in)
Once the course is done, set a deadline for the contest and anyone that wants to participate makes a video in the park.

Deadline could be tight, like a week, which would somewhat create a level of consistency after all.
Also I think a good idea would be the creators of the park to judge the videos...

These are merely my thoughts on it, what do you think?

okami16
05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
this would be ill
like a s3 maloof

andersatan
05-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I like this idea alot.

As blackhawk pointed out it would be pretty hard for anyone to judge, so I'd say skip the idea of consistency altogether.

Here's how I'd like to see it go down:
A select few members design the park (could be a fuzz if everyone wanted in)
Once the course is done, set a deadline for the contest and anyone that wants to participate makes a video in the park.

Deadline could be tight, like a week, which would somewhat create a level of consistency after all.
Also I think a good idea would be the creators of the park to judge the videos...

These are merely my thoughts on it, what do you think?
this

blackhawk17
05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
yea i agree with knex. having the creators judge the videos. and a really short deadline.

definitely great ideas.

yellowsnow
05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
This sounds like a good idea.

My two cents:

One person creates the park, they are the judge/creator. They make their park unavailable for download.

The judge/creator invites 4 contestants to sesh the park online at a predetermined time.

Without getting too much of a chance to examine the park, the judge starts the contest. The four contestants sesh the park for exactly an hour.

As the contestants get tricks, they just quickly save their replays for later. They are encouraged to get tricks on different obstacles of the course. After the hour expires, the judge ends the contest and kicks everyone out of the session.

Then, the contestants go back and review all of their saved replays. They choose their best 5 tricks (or maybe best 60 seconds) to film and upload as their entry.

Then they can be judged by the community, the judge, or a set group of judges based on the clips they post.

If it's done this way, you have...
consistency: The contestants only have an hour to get their tricks, you gotta be consistent.
creativity: With no way to practice at the course before hand, the contestants have to spontaneously find creative ways to use the obstacles.
difficulty: Obviously the difficulty of the tricks.
filming: After the hour is over, people can go back and take their time getting angles and what not. This way the time spend getting tricks doesn't overlap with the time spend filming.

seems like this way would please everyone. The it wouldn't take too long to run a contest, so skate.create people can host them fairly often. Difficulty people can prove their consistency by the tricks they can get in an hour. Filming people can take their time getting the shots they want afterwards.

How does this format sound?

blackhawk17
05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
it is a good idea but there going to be more then 4 people wanting to participate in the contest and its not the easiest thing trying to get people all on at the same exact time. which means it could take a lot longer then say a given 1 week time period.

for example. first 4 people have at there 1 hour with the creator of the park in the room. after this 1 hour creator of the parks gotta go. which means the next people who are set to skate the park cant becuz the park isnt available to download. when park creator gets back only 2 of those 4 people are on. cant do 2 people in the park cuz then its unfair to the 4 that had to share the park together. u c what im getting?

adda89ldn
05-03-2010, 02:23 AM
the thing i was thinking.

i want it done quick. so people can film stuff, but there has to be a judge at the park to check for consistency. and they have 3 of these as an entry.

just because i don't want some dude like spending 5 hours filming a line.

maybe the top 3 wil have runs with judges watching it go down and judge based on that.

3 judges, a filmer, the skater. run over.
next skater, same judges and filmer.
last guy. filmer and judges.

so a filmer is needed. (anyone interested?)

teams willing to sponsor the event too...

yellowsnow
05-03-2010, 02:24 AM
yeah i get what you mean, coordinating might be a pain in the ass.

It certainly has its disadvantages, it would be hard to have a contest with a lot of entries. It would depend on the flexibility of the creator as well.

people would just have to sign up for timeslots. It they miss their timeslot then they miss the contest for that week/month/whatever.

its not perfect, but i think it would be fun to try it.

adda89ldn
05-03-2010, 02:31 AM
yeah, thats what i was thinking.

time slots, seems like the best idea.

but a live best trick contest, maybe...

need about 3 people to work on the park.

blackhawk17
05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
im down for working on the park.

but i think it might be hard having a filmer becuz the filmer is going to have to save ALOT of stuff. wouldnt it be better if the person skating were just to save the clips as they get them?

i think timeslots could def work

emericaridr11
05-06-2010, 09:54 AM
hey guys Im down to help in anyway possible, I LOVE this whole concept Im glad others are trying to pull off the same thing here at FLUCKIT.... never been here yet but this is a cool little Forum you got going on over here...

NowhereBoy13
01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
this should definetely happen! or why not have something like the real street comp x games did??

so many entries with a 1:00min mini-part with a week to film and edit then people on the forums a week to vote??
just a thought. but could be cool