just gettin warmed up eh?

overcrook at :34 was pretty steezy.

nice and chill video man.

The Revolutionist
05-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Funky vid man.

JerrelMD
05-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I know I'm not too loved here, but thanks for the comments :D, glad yall enjoyed it.

bohemian
06-03-2010, 05:22 AM
best video ever.

HHOOOOODDLOOOHM!

jk:p

bene317
06-03-2010, 06:44 AM
"not my thing"

andersatan
06-03-2010, 07:12 AM
"not my thing"
this

Clayfighter
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
this is fluckit so i dont have to be nice. that was boring as all day. i understand your trying to look like you have a laid back style but it comes out as you just doing nothing. theres no momentum in your lines and the tricks bordered on garage videos. it looks less realistic or more like your skaters learning these tricks

skHate88
06-03-2010, 11:53 AM
how the fuck you have the nerve to hate on anyones vids when this is your contribution is beyond me

i guess your 'thing' is bland and generic

seamonkeymadnss
06-03-2010, 12:48 PM
the fact that you commented on my video about how none of the lines seemed to call for any consistency and your ender is a front tail confuses me a bit.

next time ill work really hard and hopefully be able to master the art of sw front shuving a 6 stair.

MagicNarcosis
06-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Back smith all day. I liked that.

Cookiesupporter
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I agree with Narcosis, due to the shortness of the vid, it wasn't boring. Sure it wasn't epic, but I thnik it isn't even trying to be, so its ok.

A thing I just recognized, which I think is funny and a bit fucked up, is that people oftentimes watch a really good video, and don't comment. So really good videos sometimes disappear with like 4 comments.
Now when people don't like shit, they always say it, with full force. Just somehow funny, isn't it?

Clayfighter
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree with Narcosis, due to the shortness of the vid, it wasn't boring. Sure it wasn't epic, but I thnik it isn't even trying to be, so its ok.

A thing I just recognized, which I think is funny and a bit fucked up, is that people oftentimes watch a really good video, and don't comment. So really good videos sometimes disappear with like 4 comments.
Now when people don't like shit, they always say it, with full force. Just somehow funny, isn't it?

yes thats true but this guy rags on everyone elses videos yet hasnt produced a video of merit. yes it was short but that doesnt change how any of his other videos have been i mean a 180 to half cab to another 180 doesnt not make a line

skHate88
06-03-2010, 01:31 PM

isn't it better to get 4 great comments than a bunch of hate comments?
damn it here i am again contributing to this thread giving it more popularity

Cookiesupporter
06-03-2010, 04:17 PM
isn't it better to get 4 great comments than a bunch of hate comments?
popularity

Well yeah of course, but that's not my point...I'm totally not complaining about the community and I'm not trying to offend anyone (because some people around here tend to take shit personal)
Wouldn't it be even greater to get 20 great comments, if your video truely rocked (best example Supaflys huge session, it got the deserved recognition and the comments and shit)?
What I wanted to say is, that it seems like people more like to hate, then to give props...and I somehow don't understand it, though I really know how much fun it is to point out every single fail of a video :)

@ Clay: Ok, to be honest I don't know the Jerrel dude except from the Skatecc Shoutbox...and I hate cc because people there seem to hate me...whatever. Yeah if he's really being a dick all day hating hard, and you know that hes a dick, why do you watch his shit?? He get's massive recognition, his crapy ass little video he edited in fucking 15 minutes... that's my point...now I'm done, and that was just the thing I wanted to say, no need for further explanation, I guess.

Permy
06-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Well yeah of course, but that's not my point...I'm totally not complaining about the community and I'm not trying to offend anyone (because some people around here tend to take shit personal)
Wouldn't it be even greater to get 20 great comments, if your video truely rocked (best example Supaflys huge session, it got the deserved recognition and the comments and shit)?
What I wanted to say is, that it seems like people more like to hate, then to give props...and I somehow don't understand it, though I really know how much fun it is to point out every single fail of a video :)

@ Clay: Ok, to be honest I don't know the Jerrel dude except from the Skatecc Shoutbox...and I hate cc because people there seem to hate me...whatever. Yeah if he's really being a dick all day hating hard, and you know that hes a dick, why do you watch his shit?? He get's massive recognition, his crapy ass little video he edited in fucking 15 minutes... that's my point...now I'm done, and that was just the thing I wanted to say, no need for further explanation, I guess.

at skatecc all are welcome..
all are welcomee....

but yeah, the video. it was okay
the only thing i don't get though is when someone takes the realistic approach, they don't have much trick variation.
minimalism is dead. tripody shots were repetitive, i hated the halfcab board.
:)

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 02:58 AM
I don't hate :(

Glad you all enjoyed it though :D, I mean, I didn't expect too much positive comments because in the end it were my first day clips and i had to rush it because I was in the middle of my finals :o

And Clay, how can there be no momentum in a line? Sounds a bit silly, eh?

P.S. I don't care if you're not nice to me, just be straight from the top :D

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 03:18 AM
I don't hate :(

Glad you all enjoyed it though :D, I mean, I didn't expect too much positive comments because in the end it were my first day clips and i had to rush it because I was in the middle of my finals :o

And uhh.. seamonkeyman (?) said something about difficulty in my tricks. I simply don't go for difficulty anymore, I just want me clips to flow from one to the other. Thereby the ender wasn't just a front tail... even though it was harder to do in Skate 2. I thought you did go for showing difficulty, so I gave you critique based on that. I understand where you're coming from though, thanks.

Permy, I don't really see how tripody shots can be repetitive, I mean:
Firstly they work better with single tricks and secondly I don't see how "following cameramen" can't be repetitive and tripods can. If I misunderstood you, please re-explain. Also to Permy, idc if minimalism is dead, it corresponds with my kind of flow I want in my videos.
Like, for real, do you think I'm a tool?

And Clay, how can there be no momentum in a line? Sounds a bit silly, eh? Thereby I don't rag(e) on everybody else's videos.

P.S. I don't care if you're not nice to me, just be straight from the top :D

And Permy, no trick variation??? None of my tricks were done twice and I've never seen a "Realistic dude" do a BS willy.

I also like how some people here see me as a "cc-er", while I joined fluckit about a year ago. Back then, when my style tended to be quite unrealistic I had the feeling people already had formed pacts. In other words, I didn't feel too welcome while I contributed just as hard to the community, but it was better than EA. I saw that many peope followed each other, especially during my first 'return'. Demzilla and Bullet's styles got wilder and wilder (was sick), including their filming and the next thing I see is that half of the community tried to recreate that style (ehem copy) and filmed like a madman.
Then I went to skatecc, with that very same style while skatecc was more on the realistic (Second Nature) side. Still they gave me a chance from the beginning.

Just saying what I noticed... that this community feels hypocritic in a way.

I don't know if this makes you cry, but:

EA > Fluckit.

Cerebus_
06-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Time for some fresh air

I really liked the vid bud! The tricks went well with the song and thats the most important thing in a vid for me, tricks comes second.

It gave me a feeling of an "unreleased footy" section from *insert video name here*

Nice!

bene317
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
And Permy, no trick variation??? None of my tricks were done twice and I've never seen a "Realistic dude" do a BS willy.

I also like how some people here see me as a "cc-er", while I joined fluckit about a year ago. Back then, when my style tended to be quite unrealistic I had the feeling people already had formed pacts. In other words, I didn't feel too welcome while I contributed just as hard to the community, but it was better than EA. I saw that many peope followed each other, especially during my first 'return'. Demzilla and Bullet's styles got wilder and wilder (was sick), including their filming and the next thing I see is that half of the community tried to recreate that style (ehem copy) and filmed like a madman.
Then I went to skatecc, with that very same style while skatecc was more on the realistic (Second Nature) side. Still they gave me a chance from the beginning.

Just saying what I noticed... that this community feels hypocritic in a way.

I don't know if this makes you cry, but:

EA > Fluckit.

Oh jerrel :rolleyes:
so many injustices, so little time to set them straight...

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Isn't that funny Bene? Right where your comment started I stopped caring.

Maybe it's time to get good :O

Clayfighter
06-04-2010, 09:29 AM
what i mean by your lines look like they have no momentum is that they never seem to be going anywhere, most dudes trying for a realistic style seem to always do the same line that looks like they are pushing their body to finish. and as for the trick variation hes right you can look at this or any other "realistic" video and call the trick before it happens with the major trick culprits being hardflip tweak/ hard bs 180, tre shuv nose( replaced by the loose treflip nose in skate 3) overcrook on the same rail , or for you techy guys feeble pop overs. you may have done a back willy but its not uncommon for some one to pull the "weird" trick if theyve seen it in a recent real life video, i mean shit skate 2 was the battle of the "happy medium" remakes with whole sale parts being ripped off from that video. not to mention the fact that no one would try anything new until they saw it on the berrics , remember how double flips were a no no until that kerry getz battle commander or the tre 5-0 from mark appleyard? i mean the shane oneil vid wasnt even 2 days old before tricks were getting jacked both subtle and blatant jackings.

thesignguy
06-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't like seeing these kinds of threads.

I watched the video, it was good filming wise. I didn't see anything that really made it stand out above OR bellow most well average recieved videos. I can tell there is agendas on both sides of the spectrum from both original poster and those that followed.

I can't stand when people lump fluckit into a certain style or team or whatever. If you go by posters, there is not a more vast group of styles teams anywhere. Baseing fluckit as a whole off of some bad reviews that you got on a video you posted here is shallow imo.

MagicNarcosis
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM

That's the problem...

A lot of you "realistic" skaters (I even admit I did this, too. I ceased that shit, though) tend to only do what you see is allowed. So if the next guy isn't doing it, it isn't realistic or realistic YET.. Or if it hasn't been done in real life, it shouldn't be done in game.. So basically I can do everything you did in your video, but if I do a BS willy grind, that's the trick that makes me automatically unrealistic? One trick changes that?

Roccityroller
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
No, shit like this turns fluckit into EA. Idk what your problem with this forum is, but if you're not happy, please don't post. Why the fuck is there even this much shit here? this belongs at the kids table and WAS the reason that most of us come here.

Jerrel, the vid wasn't good, and whether or not their approach is right, their criticisms are. Take it like a man. You used to be a cool kid in the S.T. days, what the fuck happened?

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Funny story, I took the critique like a man and simply saw if I could use it and if I'd like the upcoming video I'd make with that approach. I found out it wouldn't be satisfying so I explained why.

if you read my comments you know why, but I assume you didn't Roc. Too bad.

And Magic, not what I meant at all.

I was talking about the trick variation, I said they all varied in this vid because I never did one trick twice and in general I said it was refreshing because I never saw someone do a BS willy in a appreciative way (I even ramped it, lol).

Sign guy, that's not what I 'base fluckit on', I base it on the behaviour I encountered here and how it differs from the community that I appreciate more.

Clay, what the hell are you talking about? Seriously you lost me there lol.

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 10:14 AM
And Roc who are you to decide whether their criticisms ARE right, I mean, you play this game totally differently from me too so for that matter your views and mine aren't 'compatible' either. I'm gonna eat now.

thesignguy
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
This thread is going nowhere fast its closed, peeps can still view the link if wanted. Jerrel Check your pm's