PDA

View Full Version : Mini Ramp Skating tip

pawnluvguitarist
05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
A tip for skating mini ramps...

Push up on the left stick to get your weight over the coping, but once your weight is up push down on the left stick, timed right it really helps you get into lip tricks...

Timing and how hard/long you push is important too...

BeatChemist
05-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Yeah thanks Pawn! This is a good tip!!

I also seem to only push on the way down transitions rather than both up and down. Helps keeps speed in check and seems to flow better for me. Might be better to only pump on the way up if you're trying to catch some coping though. That way you're carying more speed up the wall to get out over the lip.

pawnluvguitarist
05-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Oh yeah, pumping only down, only up, both, set up airs, all useful depending on what you are going for.

BeatChemist
05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
yeah I find the drop in ability allows you to line up a setup air more easily than having to pop/roll into the transition. Set a marker standing on the deck then it's just drop in -> setup air -> hit your lip/obstacle/air. I feel I focus less on the setup now this way and more on the actual trick I'm trying.

Although I also feel like some walls/transitions kick my ass in HC mode. I need to step my pumping game up.

That's what she said.

heshfield
05-23-2010, 09:50 AM
The pumping mechanic is a big part of hardcore mode now; you can do it anywhere in the city (banks,transitions, hills, etc), and it really makes a lot more things possible.

Roccityroller
05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
i like to push long and hard....

side note, great tip

seamonkeymadnss
05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
also using up on the left stick gives you a little less speed than using the triggers and you can cut pumps short by crouching

BeatChemist
05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
hmmm didn't know about cutting them short with a crouch. nice.

jenkinss
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
thanks, this really helped me out a lot