PDA

View Full Version : [eflix - psychonaut - clip dump #1]

eflixxx
05-30-2010, 05:13 PM
the transition to skate 3 hasnt been painless, editingwise for me :/ im strugling to find a good workflow, espesially now with ea nation and reel adding extra headaches every time i play. and i dont seem to manage realtimeediting with the new resolution in hq skate.reel. so these clips are a good mashup of a bunch or weird renders and a good deal of strange cams. so its not really leftovers, but a collection of clips ive used for experimenting. hopefully ill figure this out until next edit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7nqLezTnZg

BeatChemist
05-30-2010, 08:39 PM
ender was the best use of the prewind gesture I've seen yet.

every thing else was looking good too. I didn't notice if there were conversion/rendering issues or differences.

there was some sort of 270 to bs smith fs 180 out or something that made me go whoa out loud.

Oh. I've been rocking your GC graphic for a while - here's me playin' some ball with it on.

http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/3903/20287/348126.jpg

Stevland
05-31-2010, 07:29 AM
eflixxx-quality

line @ 0:10
gap @ 0:26
k noolie inward heel
huge fs tail
tweaked tre
sw 270 nose
sw k
tweaked ollie from that wall
overcrooked line
carlsbad
fs flip is really really good
fs tail behind tree
ender

Jack
05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes . . . I could talk for 20 minutes about the ender. You used the prewind to complicate the windup animation and the landing animation, and you used the prewind to twist your characters body during your grind on the black rail.

I feel like we're using the same brain sometimes. Eflixx. I love you.

bohemian
06-01-2010, 01:39 AM
thanks gentlemen.
glad you like it =)

jack the prewind gesture, im standing guilty of overusing it.. sorry bout that, ill hold back from now.. but i di like the looks on it in the last clip, hit the timing just right i thk. i squeezed it in on the fs flip in the psychonaut hq also, the gap from the ledge, lucky shot, since i barely had time to hit the pad during setup, its not that visible, but its there.

thebullet
06-01-2010, 07:48 AM
so glad to see you making videos again.

I agree, the transition to skate3 has not exactly been "friendly" for making videos. Plus playing in hardcore takes (me anyways) about 5 times longer to get my trick if it involves any sort of ledge grind/sliding.

But I thought this video was pretty sick, loved the opening trick, and you've always had an eye for finding good gaps and spots.

but that 270 smith 180 was the best thing ever.

HorseHead
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
That spot where you did gap out to tailslide I tried for a while and couldn't ever make it... bastard. For a collection of tests that was pretty amazing. FS Flip ender looked pretty awesome too. Still killing it.

knexzor
06-01-2010, 10:07 AM
oh so this is what you were talking about, how did I miss this even with the fancy [title] hah

some good stuff in there, macba line, curved sw crooks and that 270 smith thing that you ruined with those ugly camo pants ;)

SupaFly
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Some sick ass shit in this video considering its a testing ground,cant wait till you drop something with the official "solo" stamp of approval :D

Your video's are always at the top of my "to drool" list

DRFA1979
06-02-2010, 05:53 AM
some sick ass shit in this video considering its a testing ground,cant wait till you drop something with the official "solo" stamp of approval

this.

BeatChemist
06-02-2010, 03:10 PM
but that 270 smith 180 was the best thing ever.

Just rewatched this and yeah... that smith was fucking crazy. Rewound like 5 times. I think it could have had a double angle and been ender material!

rockerboy1013
06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
hey what parks did you use for this vid.

bohemian
06-03-2010, 12:21 AM
thanks for your comments guys

knex: camo pants > chickpants ;)
supadupa: "solostamped part" wont come for a long time, if ever. ea gotta sort shit out before i film new stuff.
beat: 270 bs smith revert was almost dropped actually. sometimes i have no idea how you guys will react to sertain tricks. i like it too, but i was afraid it would be considered "too much"

schnavolda
06-03-2010, 04:02 AM
supadupa: "solostamped part" wont come for a long time, if ever. ea gotta sort shit out before i film new stuff.

with the patch announce for late june there will be no more excuses. ;)

btw you are wearing the dixon supras i just bought irl but which look ugly ingame sadly.

bohemian
06-03-2010, 04:53 AM
haha schnav, i have the dixons too, def the best supras ive had, i thk they look ok ingame also, better than most other "shoes" in there haha

and yes, it that promised patch (which hopefully comes in a MONTHS time, you know the game hasnt even been out a month.. its a long time) will hopefully make the videomaking process better.

Clayfighter
06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
good good shizzle flixxy especially that ender just looked huge

thesignguy
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Looked good to me
Ender with the arm movements whatnot, nice