PDA

View Full Version : 26 hoods....Psycho HQ

SupaFly
05-31-2010, 08:37 AM
I just want to start off by saying sorry for any mistakes(spelling or other wise).
I also want to thank everyone for not only participating but for trying so hard and throwing yourself at the mercy of my camera and editing abilities.
I had a great time making this project and i cant believe i was able to film 25 skaters in just one week to make this video possible.
I take full responsibility for any problems with the video,music,filming,edit etc,it's all on me so love it or hate it,here's the biggest session video ever made.

EDIT: Almost forgot,a big thanks to stevland for getting footy of flixxx,and to Knex and GymAllstar for pulling incredible tricks with no mic's,haha i was like"wave your arms if you want me to save"...thier parts turned out great.

http://www.vimeo.com/12167518

Here's a link to the park,incase you havent been there

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?contentType=PARK&personaId=50450142&platform=xbox#itemId=283543

there is a problem with this site and megaupload,so you can get the mega link at the kids table or CC

Clayfighter
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
holy shit i dont even feel worthy to be in this video and fucking southies ender lordy lordy

Granka
05-31-2010, 09:08 AM
I watched the whole thing and I say: wow! And the ender of the whole video was just straight bananas!

The Revolutionist
05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Southies a cunt, that was madness. Well done to everyone.

HorseHead
05-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Fuck yes! That turned out amazing. Thanks for putting this together and for waiting for me to land tricks, which takes forever. Everyone had something good in this, wasn't a weak trick in the whole video. Loved the whole thing. Ender was crazy. But what's up with 1954 getting ender at the Psycho park?

SupaFly
05-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Fuck yes! That turned out amazing. Thanks for putting this together and for waiting for me to land tricks, which takes forever. Everyone had something good in this, wasn't a weak trick in the whole video. Loved the whole thing. Ender was crazy. But what's up with 1954 getting ender at the Psycho park?

Psycho hospitality...Fuck it,southie was getting ender with his coffin no matter what,if he had'nt done that trick,the ender would have gone to Knexzor without question,he filmed his part with no mic,i saw him trying a hippie and moved the bench over there and he just worked it in...crazy...everyone ripped.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for the effort towards tricks,means alot to the outcome of a video like this.

blackhawk17
05-31-2010, 09:44 AM
are you serious right now....
jesus fuck this was greatness...
i cant even believe that was real south....hacker ;)

RWJReaL86
05-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Whoa. Holy bejesus. I can't even comprehend what I just witnessed. That's the most awesome spot sesh vid I've seen ever among the realm of skate fluckit. Filming was great, edit was great, tricks were awesome. That ender?? Watched it like 4 times. STILL can't believe what I saw... South deserved that ender. But EVERYBODY killed.

Dammit, I was gonna keep this to a few words. Awesome fuckin video.

thebullet
05-31-2010, 10:06 AM
WHOA! that turned out amazing. 12 minutes at the same park and I didn't get bored once. Everyone brought something fresh and different. Supa, you are a very patient man, to film every trick yourself. You easily could of just had people send you stuff, but you did it all yourself. Every trick was filmed good too, you didn't get lazy with that at all.

EVery team ripped! SO many highlights, I don't have time (cause I'm at work), to watch it all again and make a list, but i liked it all.

And yeah, not that it needs to be said again, but souths ender? WHAT?

soon as I get some free time I'm watching this again, cause every person had a few tricks that got me real psyched

Supa, once again, hats off to you, this turned out amazing.

obsolete1
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
After watching this I have more respect for ya Supa...watched it without reading description first. I could have sworn that everyone filmed their own part. Not only a great park...but filming was top notch. Ohh yeah everyone did some fucking awesome skating too.

Knex is a beast BTW.

Cookiesupporter
05-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Supa, hands down, best music choice and nice editing! Loved it! The whole video was gnarly as hell, and I'm not buttkissing right now, but that was unbelievable, especially the fact that all of you ripped the same place, but it wasn't boring at any time. So many different styles, but still some similarities...Hoodlum really is one familiy!

Mad props for the Deathrow of ea skate!

cassoday
05-31-2010, 10:50 AM
that was flucking awesome!!! :D

MagicNarcosis
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm glad to have such a dope team to roll with. You guys are the shit. I gotta say that.. And that statement itself is an understatement.

This is ONE of THE best sesh vids I've seen. Every Hoodlum that participated killed it with their own unique style. This video right here shows how much of a melting pot Hoodlum TRULY is. The diversity is amazing.

I'm truly proud to be amongst such dope players. THANK YOU times a million to Supafly for his patience and his craft to deliver a Hoodlum experience that I believe a lot of people needed to see. It's not every day that you see us together, as a whole throw down what we got together- branch wise. All branches of Hoodlum came together and just MERKED.

So when I say this.... This time it's about as Hoodlum as it can get..

HOODLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And december.......................................... ........... muwhahahahahahahaha.

Gizzler
05-31-2010, 12:06 PM
holy shit, that was absolutely insane...big props for everything, supa! idea, music, everybody's skating, filming, editing...everything! loved it soooo much...

had to wait for it to get downloaded in this stupid internet cafe for hours and it was definetly worth it! and it saved my awful day of holiday here at england's westcoast, waiting for waves and having been arrested for smoking weed in public...just glad that english cops are kind of nice...

should buy an xbox just to skate this park!

saunders420
05-31-2010, 12:23 PM
oh my jebus :eek:

thebullet
05-31-2010, 01:25 PM
I said everyone impressed and I wasn't lying

Supa:
feeble to frontblunt
5-0 frontside flip out to skinny

Hesh:
big kickflip smith in the bowl
boneless smith

eflixxx:
loved your opening line, switch 5-0 at the end was great
kickflip backlip to nosemanual

Horsehead:
big gap to 5-0
kickflip over nosegrind to skinny tight landing

DRFA:
ollie to backside nosegrind
kickflip backtail 270

HardatLurk:
5-0 wallride
wallride revert thingy was amazing
noseblunt to switch 5-0

Me:
you hid my imperfections very well. Nice filming. Thanks again

Knexzor
uuuh...pretty much every trick. Creativity overload
doubleflip noseslide,
that airwalk,
hurricane 3flip
that tucknee
shit man, i know you just got on, but you can't make us all look so dumb so quickly. Damn you.

**(OH HEY, WHERE'S ROBLEY?)

Magic:
something about that kickflip feeble looked so damn good
the front 3 was badass

Skatevid:
tailslide kickflip over the rail that goes into the wall
polejam fingerflip

blackhawk:
backsmith up
nollieflip manual frontfeeble

Nubmarine:
uh, another new guy making us all look stupid by ripping so hard
backtail 3shuv (in a line)
frontboard to fakie 5-0 (also in a very sick line)

Mamba:
kickflip nosemanual the hubba
polejam onefooter

Gym:
fingerflip in the bowl
hurricane against the wall, whoa

seamonkey:
damn, again, new guys killing it
fakie dogpiss line was amazing
frontside bigspin!

Roc:
fakie bigerflip 5-0
wall ride 5-0 shuv, and wall ride to backtail nosegrab, sheeit

Mackboogie:
uh, someone tell this guy to put out more stuff, cause all this stuff was bangin
hurricane manual
backtail noseblunt

Clay:
switchhardflip backtail
biggerspin frontblunt

Milez:
nollie 5-0 jam shuv
that transfer tail 270 was beaut

Stoked:
backlip backtail
cab out of the manual

iripper:
nollie backnoseblunt manual nollie tre
backtail bigflip out manual

Sk8t:
sick back 3
frontblunt up 3flip out, wow

Vice is a powerhouse

Anders:
wallie 5050 flip out
ender line was so sick

Skatehead:
fakie 3shuv manny flip manny
footplant in the mini was awesome

Demzilla (oooh shit):
backsmith jam bs 360, mighta been my favorite trick in the whole video
frontblunt wall rail...wouldn't of thought that was possible
kickflip backlip to skinny
wallride front blunt

South:
kickflip crook nosemanual to bsnoseblunt.
3flip, that gap is so sick
ender, best thing ever

*** (where's ANCHORS)

supa, again nice work. All the hard work definitely paid off.

SupaFly
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks soo much for that post bullet,cause the way i think about it,the filming and editing is out of the equation and it really is about the tricks and usage of the spots for me,everyone came in with thier gameface and threw hammers.

Jack
05-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Eflixx - 2:08. Wow. I can't believe you finally got that trick. Way, way, way harder than it looks.

Hesh - loving the tech.

Bullett, wallride stale.

knex - you and skhate need to make babies, now. Bareback.

magic - that was officially the best footage I've seen, you need to get Supa to film you all the time.

(sidenote: Supa, your filming is so damn good. I'm amazed that you filmed all of this.)

Roc - wallride 5-0 shuv.

Mackboogie with the bs tail to bs noseblunt!!!??? what? What? How is that possible?

Anders - wallride polejam, I've been looking for the shit. Wallride polejam is possible, mind is blown (damn the video is good)

Demz - blunt wallscrape! I quit.

Southie - Just stop it. I'm speechless.

A-maze-d.

pawnluvguitarist
05-31-2010, 01:57 PM
absolutely amazing guys, looks like a sick park too :)

Stevland
05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
let me start by saying that everyone delivered in this, too much good stuff to go into detail. some others did and i agree with them. southie put the nail in the coffin ;)

i also highly respect the work you guys put in there, especially supa. i filmed eflixxx' tricks and that alone took aaaaages, haha.
and doing tricks while someone is waiting and watching is hard to do.

i hate to be the odd man out but i want to point out some stuff that i think could have been better.

imo, 12 minutes is very long for a video only taking place in such a small place. half of it or a little more would have been perfect.
using hip-hop, instrumental for the most part, didn't make things better. gets kinda repetitive. in the end it's a couple of bars that repeat over and over.
to make the hip-hop work, you have to go the bobby digi route. all the beats are so prominent, you have to use it to your advantage. if not, video works against the audio.

my opinion obviously and you said it yourself "the filming and editing is out of the equation and it really is about the tricks and usage of the spots for me"

and now i have to go coffingrind stuff :)

SupaFly
05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
let me start by saying that everyone delivered in this, too much good stuff to go into detail. some others did and i agree with them. southie put the nail in the coffin ;)

i also highly respect the work you guys put in there, especially supa. i filmed eflixxx' tricks and that alone took aaaaages, haha.

i hate to be the odd man out but i want to point out some stuff that i think could have been better.

imo, 12 minutes is very long for a video only taking place in such a small place. half of it or a little more would have been perfect.
using hip-hop, instrumental for the most part, didn't make things better. gets kinda repetitive. in the end it's a couple of bars that repeat over and over.
to make the hip-hop work, you have to go the bobby digi route. all the beats are so prominent, you have to use it to your advantage. if not, video works against the audio.

my opinion obviously and you said it yourself "the filming and editing is out of the equation and it really is about the tricks and usage of the spots for me"

and now i have to go coffingrind stuff :)

Let me touch on some of what you said:

The instrumental:

I had originally been using a version with lyrics,untill i got to horseheads part,where the rapper "Bizzare" starts to rap about being raped by his dad and thats the nice way of saying it,it was just so lame but i had already edited so much of the video i didnt want to turn back and find a new song and re-edit and beat match everything all over again,so i found the instrumental and stuck with it.I get that you hate hip hop intrumentals too,cause it's not the first time you have mentioned it on one of my video's.To each his own regarding music is what i say and i'll leave it at that.

A 12 minute video in 1 spot:

You said it your self "i filmed eflixxx' tricks and that alone took aaaaages" and "doing tricks while someone is waiting and watching is hard to do"

Having said that,dont you think we have pulled off something amazing at the HQ,26 guys skated it,killed it,each in thier own way and not one person has commented on its length in a negative way untill now.

Is it not amazing then that eflixx did'nt do anything that was already done by another of the 25 hoods?.I think that just goes to show the diversity of our teams,skaters and is sort of the point of the entire video.

26 guys 1 spot,style,creative use of spots and diverse tricks.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

south650city420
05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
wow supa that was awesome
and you were right no one half assd it and everyone thru down nothin but bangers
loved it

make more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevland
05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Having said that,dont you think we have pulled off something amazing at the HQ,26 guys skated it,killed it,each in thier own way and not one person has commented on its length in a negative way untill now.

Is it not amazing then that eflixx did'nt do anything that was already done by another of the 25 hoods?.I think that just goes to show the diversity of our teams,skaters and is sort of the point of the entire video.

26 guys 1 spot,style,creative use of spots and diverse tricks.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I said in my first sentence that the skating was great and if it makes you feel better i say it again: everyone delivered.

I would be a moron if i'd expect everyone to agree with me, but obviously i have an opinion. I'm very aware that you choose this the way to be like it is because you wanted to.

you said at least twice to me that you want to work on your edits, so i thought i comment on the edit.

also, there's more than black and white. just because i nitpicked on the editing side of things/length, doesn't mean that i think the video is absolutely bullshit. far from it. like you said, everyone killed it,each in their own way.

sorry if this came around harsh, i sometimes forget that people interpret way too much into written words. my bad.

bohemian
05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
can we please not focus on me taking aaaages to land my tricks?
:p

skHate88
05-31-2010, 03:10 PM
it was a good vid, and you know it
now lets have a sausage party

SupaFly
05-31-2010, 03:50 PM
I said in my first sentence that the skating was great and if it makes you feel better i say it again: everyone delivered.

I would be a moron if i'd expect everyone to agree with me, but obviously i have an opinion. I'm very aware that you choose this the way to be like it is because you wanted to.

you said at least twice to me that you want to work on your edits, so i thought i comment on the edit.

also, there's more than black and white. just because i nitpicked on the editing side of things/length, doesn't mean that i think the video is absolutely bullshit. far from it. like you said, everyone killed it,each in their own way.

sorry if this came around harsh, i sometimes forget that people interpret way too much into written words. my bad.

oh i wasnt offended by anything you said,i did want to tell the story about why i used the instrumental,cause i also think it didnt work that well for this video,as far as the video length,26 skaters in 12 minutes end o' story.

BeatChemist
05-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Holy. Flucking. Fuck.

That was hands down the best comp/group/collab video I've seen. And I really think it comes down to two things.

One - the filming, as mentioned, is damn consistent through the whole video. It made everything feel cohesive and showcased the ridiculous skating, since it allows you to focus less on cams/style/personality of the filmer (not a knock to you Supa, I'll get to that). The filming felt transparent, in the best way possible.

Two - the premise/setup of the project.

This is the whole deal for me. Everyone threw down like this while Supa just sat and waited for them to crank out bangers???? That's fucking skill. I don't think I'd be able to land anything worthy of a comp like this while someone else who's skating I admire/respect was just waiting for me. And that was actually kind of humbling, to be honest. So I have great respect for everyone in this. Hoodlum rolls deeeeeeeep.

AAaaaannnd also crazy respect and props to Supa for just making this happen and putting the time in to let everyone do their thing. I don't even know how you found/made the time, or organized filming this in a week. Filming was staggeringly smooth and made everyone look awesome. Edit was crispy and clean. I like instrumental hip hop with my skating, so I didn't get tired of it - but I can understand that critique. Can't please everyone though!

Thanks. This was a great watch. Everybody killed it.

mrsk8t
05-31-2010, 06:07 PM
that video was amazing supa, well put together throught the whole thing i never got bored and i love your filming.

and i just wanted to shout out magic and clay for adding me to the fam with this being my first collab and seeing it come together so well i really feel like im part of something bigger

and also shout out to bb for teh game that is all

Skatehead
05-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Hoodlum!

MackBoogie
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Hoodlum!

Roccityroller
05-31-2010, 07:50 PM
fuck it all this was epic. and my joint burned through the whole thing, so i thought it was perfect length.

on that note.

psychonaut opener... love it, classy, let the hosts set the tone for the whole shi bang bang.

Hostile
Sweet buttery love magic actually skated too which is probably the most impressive part of this video.

Threat
Thanks for showing up guys, even seamonkey, who supa didn't even know was on hoodlum when he filmed him.

Vice
I fucking llove you guys, style for days and swagger to follow. (note: I use swagger because i feel like its a word that clay would hate)

195fucking4
giving the mothership the ender is also classy... and deserved. 1 comment... double angle on south's ender was awesome. I didn't think it was real annd then you were just like "fuck you, watch it from this way" and i dropped my joint...it's true, southy IS actually THAT good.

Nice work on filming everything supa and stev, you guys did great. And supa, thanks for watching me fail for several hours and not even get a trick. I'm sure me and flixxx aren't the only ones too.

All in all it was awesome. skating was on point, supa asked for bangers from everybody and everybody delivered. Supa's whole theory behind this was to make the video solely about the tricks and not the edit or the filming. and i think you accomplished that. great job.

and skating with someone waiting IS hard, but it's realistic... lol

robley
05-31-2010, 10:39 PM
i am bummed and stupid for not being in this.

i am a silly twat and for that i apologize.

also anchors wasn't in it so he's a twat too.

i'm proud of all you jerk offs.

Roccityroller
05-31-2010, 10:45 PM
i love you too.

Unflexed
05-31-2010, 10:46 PM
You guys got some serious flare.

1:54 that dude totally ate shit on the stairs lol.

1954's song and tricks blew my mind.

Long live hoodlum.

robley
05-31-2010, 11:00 PM
i'm proud of everyone but roc

iRipper89
06-01-2010, 12:03 AM
so proud to be apart of this great family. so sick that this is the first hoodlum collab im in. one of the best soundtracks ever. and everyone, i mean EVERYONE killed it in their own way. big ups to supa for doin all this.

knexzor
06-01-2010, 03:30 AM
supa you do realize I never heard a single word you said before I got my headset back? took me a while to figure out what you were doing with the bench haha

not much to say here thats not been said already
thank you for your incredible patience (admit you must have gotten bored/annoyed at times?)
it was indeed very interesting to see myself and others with your characteristic filming and not our own
loved the edit too

last night I was half-way done with a full review... I couldn't bare myself to pull through; too much ridiculous shit!
Everyone that was involved deserves a pat on the back by self

HorseHead
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Psycho hospitality...Fuck it,southie was getting ender with his coffin no matter what,if he had'nt done that trick,the ender would have gone to Knexzor without question,he filmed his part with no mic,i saw him trying a hippie and moved the bench over there and he just worked it in...crazy...everyone ripped.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for the effort towards tricks,means alot to the outcome of a video like this.

I was just kidding Supa, they totally deserved ender. That's the all star team anyway, they earned it. The park is super amazing too Supa, really nice work. I still have to check out the plaza, I'm behind on all this amazing CAP work. I'm jealous of everyone's spots. Almost done with my 1st park too. It kinda sucks. Ha.

SupaFly
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I was just kidding Supa, they totally deserved ender. That's the all star team anyway, they earned it. The park is super amazing too Supa, really nice work. I still have to check out the plaza, I'm behind on all this amazing CAP work. I'm jealous of everyone's spots. Almost done with my 1st park too. It kinda sucks. Ha.

I know...i was just taking the oportunity to compliment southie and knexie,thats what im going to call him now,"knexie" and southie....nobody likes those dudes ;)

MagicNarcosis
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Hoodlum!!!

Like Unflexed said... Long Live Hoodlum!

We live forever and die fornever lmao.

mamba12
06-01-2010, 01:02 PM
so glad i could be a part of this. <3 supa for doing ALL of the work. thowing down a couple tricks is nothing compared to filming 25 peeps then editing.

Hoodlum!

GymAllstar
06-01-2010, 04:42 PM
A little late on this... but I was away all weekend for the holiday.

Supa, it is simply amazing what you were able to do in such a short period of time. This project would have overall taken me months probably to finish out. I am damn proud to be on the same team as you and all of these HOODLUM fools as well!

I had NO MIC, NO TIME, and I just plain sucked when you filmed for me and somehow you made it work and I appreciate everything you have done to make this video happen.. Just rememmber, if you see someone land a trick, and then they roll away while doing a Gesture... SAVE THE CLIP because that is the one they want used... hahahaha

Greatest Colab I have EVER seen and the raddest team in it... HOODLUM

rockerboy1013
06-01-2010, 04:58 PM
hey are there any teams recruiting? ive been down since skate 1, but would love to join any

btw, i dont know if it matters, but i suck at the replay editor. but for tricks im up for everything and anything

RWJReaL86
06-02-2010, 02:02 AM
hey are there any teams recruiting? ive been down since skate 1, but would love to join any

btw, i dont know if it matters, but i suck at the replay editor. but for tricks im up for everything and anything

You're off to a great start, buddy :rolleyes:

Not to be an ass, but there's probably a better place to ask that question than in the middle of a thread that's been replied to 40-something times (tho I do get it), especially when you didn't give any feedback on the video itself. Just a thought bro...

And with that said... HOODLUM! lol

Winton
06-02-2010, 05:18 AM
That was epicness from start to end! Just another vid that makes me wanna buy the game.. SuperFly, you're the man!

DRFA1979
06-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Thanks for being so patient Supa, I felt like I'd never played the game when I was trying stuff over and over again with you watching! having said that, you made what I got look great. Ahhhhh, the magic of television. Or something.

Anyway, the vid was great, such an awesome selection of skating. Hats off buddy. Don't suppose you'll be doing it again in a hurry though?!?! ;)

SupaFly
06-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks for being so patient Supa, I felt like I'd never played the game when I was trying stuff over and over again with you watching! having said that, you made what I got look great. Ahhhhh, the magic of television. Or something.

Anyway, the vid was great, such an awesome selection of skating. Hats off buddy. Don't suppose you'll be doing it again in a hurry though?!?! ;)

HAHA no,not in a big hurry to do something like this again,and if i do,it wont be all of hoodlum.

Amp Game
06-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry im always late to the party

Thats the benchmark video right there - every part was huge and loved all the styles.

The edit spot on, the sound track spot on

I would comment on every trick but all of them are so good. Downloading the parks now just to feel the love.

I won't comment of Southies trick its just disgraceful.

Honestly to everyone involved you just killed skate 3. Supa big ideas and a big player.

DevilSyco
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
amazing park, and amazing movie. i got the park ;) like all.

Moses
06-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Not sure if I posted in this or not, but even if I did I dont mind doin it again... This came out amazing. Everyone had there own unique tricks that I was like WOW when I saw. I also loved the way you could distinguish the different styles all the different branches have. This is a must watch type flick so I DL it... Great job fellas and as always amazing job Supa... Your a beast in so many ways....