PDA

View Full Version : the theory about create a park ( FPS)

Monk
06-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Sticky this please.....

Everyone to this date on S3 has been complaining about the lack of frames in the create a park (CAP) as opposed to the game itself...... I have been a mapper for Quake3 engine games (q3) for over 10 years now and I am 99.9 percent confident I know why your FPS lags in the CAP scenarios... but first you have to bare with me for a few minutes”

whether it be Q3;gtk;havoc;euphoria; and all the other engines out there; they all follow 4 basic principles:

Brush - A brush is a single 3 dimensional object to place in a scenario, whether it be a cube, sphere, pyramid, polygon, etc.

Texture - A texture is the color or print of something you want on a single side of a brush

Clip - a clip can be brush or entity-wise... it makes the texture of the side of a brush invisible to the gaming eye and also if not a solid will cause you to fall through it

Entity – entities are script based and doesnt affect the gameplay gamer side at all.... its simple stuff like the AI patterns and the rays that the light shows(sunlight) comes down on an object or the lights in an area shining etc etc.

there is a 5th called patch meshes but with this CAP there is no need to even dwell on that; its WAY above the needed criteria...

okay.....

the number 1 reason why ppl experience a lag in frames on their create a parks is something called a double brush.

Why is this?

Okay; how many of you have went into an empty CAP and rode it with same amount of frames as career or whatever else; and then tried someones park and all of a sudden it lags you out?

There is a reason for that: double brushing.

Double brushing occurs when 2 fully textured brushes inter lap each other ( embed) and force the engine to double write everything it sees from your perspective....... IE; you're making the engine work harder. The more the engine has to work to show you the environment; the lower the fps.

Simple fix = from us don't embed... from EA... make objects scalable.

Another reason why CAP doesn't have the frames as per in game is the use of clips.... you ever notice when you glitch out of the boundaries most of the stuff is invisible and or you fall through it?

That is a classic example of clips... clipping involves making stuff invisible that you don't see in game and when the engine doesn't have to see it also it makes the frames faster.

Simple fix would be allow texture changes on each part ( brush) you put in ur park with different textures or whatever but adding a null ( invisible) code to the ones that cant be seen.

Once you have no double brushes and once the engine doesn't have to read the sides of objects you cant see; I am 99.9 percent confidant that ur frames will hit max making your own parks. Can take this theory with a grain of salt but I am almost certain I am right on this hence why there wont me a patch to fix the fps in the CAP. Because its not patchable an Its in the code of the engine(s) itself

bohemian
06-02-2010, 11:15 PM
cuz already covered this, no need to go using all those difficult words. no sticky :p

Monk
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
cuz already covered this, no need to go using all those difficult words. no sticky :p

well shoot. i had been thinkin bout that at work and didt even know cuz had said something bout it lol.... just tried to get it down while it was still fresh in my head....nvm i guess :D

Cookiesupporter
06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
It was an impressing explanation and it once more showed me, that I should stick to playing games, but never ever try to create one...

TACOPUNISH3R
06-04-2010, 08:56 PM
It was an impressing explanation and it once more showed me, that I should stick to playing games, but never ever try to create one...

This

abcd924
06-30-2010, 07:05 AM
but ample wow gold (http://www.goldinstore.com) of awful, there are yellowness with person, and remaining odd stuff. See at a wow powerleveling (http://www.upowerleveling.com) bounce surround thickness wow account (http://www.accountmvp.com) was unusual. I sense conscionable equal beingness stuffed into a guidance box, never out of a researchable terrorist vise me not to appear wager down me again and again wow powerleveling (http://www.upowerleveling.com/) the entry. Await there testament not be so irksome a endorsement antiquity.