PDA

View Full Version : Tricks.

Jack
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1woi6gPQ2U

audio off + HD overwhelms my laptop= slightly fucked edit.

Tricks. That's what we're here for.

bohemian
06-02-2010, 11:16 PM
yep, thats what wwant to see.
last two polejamthings sealed it
love to see you skate a lonely object in a huge empty park =) jackland?

knexzor
06-03-2010, 03:23 AM
0:41 treflip noseblunt was huge but still looked alot more realistic than alot of (insert 'realistic' skaters here)'s attempts. props
airwalk tailslap straight rock n roll
polerunjam; actually tried that myself a couple of times
50-50 carwallride haha so epic
woah wallride 50-50 revert!
RAOW polejam wallride to fakie grind whatever JESUS

loved this jack, probably the best you've made so far in my opinion... who cares about a jagged edit with killer tricks like those?

schnavolda
06-03-2010, 03:57 AM
yep, thats what wwant to see.
last two polejamthings sealed it
love to see you skate a lonely object in a huge empty park =) jackland?

this. wallride polejam was insane.

i was thinking about the empty park thing too. i have some really special spots in my mind but not enough to fill a whole park. only way to do it imo.

HorseHead
06-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Fuck yeah. Put out more videos, I love this stuff. 50 to car ride was amazing, all the pole jam stuff was amazing, your "park" looked really crazy and awesome.

skHate88
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
you know how to work the pole

Stevland
06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
jack barclay, i wish i could write witty things as you always do. but i can't.

airwalk transfer
bigflip gap
the hurricane
the kf hurricane on the huge ass hubba (who fails in the background?)
wallride polejam and all the other pole jam action!!!
last clip.

hapiness.

Cookiesupporter
06-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Nice one, really creative!

I somehow lovehate your videos. On one hand I love your sĀ“tricks and the creativity (walkpolejam..I mean how fucking awesome??)
on the other Hand I just don't get along with your filing oftentimes. The bigflip for example...But it's your style, and I won't complain or anything, just wanted to tell you...

Jack
06-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Nice one, really creative!

I somehow lovehate your videos. On one hand I love your sĀ“tricks and the creativity (walkpolejam..I mean how fucking awesome??)
on the other Hand I just don't get along with your filing oftentimes. The bigflip for example...But it's your style, and I won't complain or anything, just wanted to tell you...

I really cheated a few tricks with my cams this time. double grind crooks to switch crooks revert, tried to get a full half swirl in the opposite direction on the grind and the revert while staying underneath the board. I fully respect your opinion. I wish I had bullet to do my cams all the time.

Thanks for the honest opinion and the props.

Skhate88 - Pole position is more important than a tight grip.

Everyone . . . . Thank yous.

A completely fucked up park is in the works, but it won't be out soon. I've got days and days and days worth of work and testing.

Skatehead
06-03-2010, 04:00 PM
wow a whole bunch of amazing tricks...hence the title
double pole jam for the win...best trick ive seen by far pulled off with the CAP..
i love u jack.

GymAllstar
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
1:37 !!!!!!!!!!! Holy S*** Jack.... ridiculous spot/trick/filming... I feel your pain with filming 20 tricks in 3 weeks! I loved it all man and the HD looked great too

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Dude saw some SICK stuff.

You told me about editing to the lyrics, not the beat (which is why the slow-mos didn't fit in my eyes), but if you choose to do a slow-mo i wouldn't pick the sketch tricks.

It's like... "omg look at me landing sketchy" and... I don't think landing sketchy is a good thing. That slow-mo bail was hilarious though

fallingskyline
06-04-2010, 06:55 AM
i hate dp and i hate jack <3
greatness inside

angsthase!
06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
great stuff in there!

this camera "glitching" stuff still makes my head hurt though :o

Jack
06-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm loving the real criticism mixed with the kudos. I hope I can figure out how to get a decent edit with no audio HD clips. I'm used to editing audio in Adobe Audition with about 20 different snapping options, so editing the HD clips with the audio unsynched to the tricks was like trying to cook Thai food with a nasal infection and a bottle of ketchup instead of coconut milk. Having every single trick land off beat is not good. I'm sorry about that.

also, I"m afraid I'm going to have to leave the 10mm swirl cams to Demz, I don't quite have the knack.

slo-mo landings on 40 mph road gaps straight into black granite pillars, well sir, sometimes I like it fast and hard. I could have hid the slam with a quicker cut, just like I could have hid the 8 story acid drop before the airwalk tailtap, but what's the point of hiding shit? I'd rather show it too you.

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Don't get me wrong.. I liked that bail a lot... it's the sketchy landing that didn't seem to work in my eyes though but ok.

Gym Allstar
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Did this really have to flow into another thread jerrel? This video, in my opinion, had more style and uniqueness in it than I have ever seen in all of your videos combined. Like roc said in the other thread... You used to be pretty chill back in steez.this days and you were pretty open to anyone's style, filming, etc but now it seems since you got some really good feedback on your skate 2 videos towards the end of its run (which were all without a doubt, decent videos) and now it has gone to your head and you have this chip on your shoulder.

I noticed how much negative feedback you were leaving in other people's videos as of late and I was waiting to see what you had to drop as an edit in skate 3 and that video you put out was simply boring and pretty embarrasing compared to the level of videos most people are putting out to start skate3 with. I didn't comment on that thread for voyage because I felt that no comment would be better than letting you know how I really felt. But now you have gone way too far and created a huge bigger disruption in the community than you needed to. Just dissapointed in you jerrel

And jack, sorry for hi-jacking your thread for this... I loved your skating, style, cams... Everything about this spewed greatness to me.... Including the sketch landing slo- motions

MagicNarcosis
06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Aye.. we're gonna end it at that, Gym. You should have PM'd him that.

As for Jerrel, I didn't see the harm in his post. That's just me. I'm not taking sides and I don't know much about his history or feedback on things. To each his own but I know Jack has sort of that sketchy gritty style so it's best to refrain from telling someone to do away with something that is a apart of their style. It's fine to have an opinion and not like it.. But that's where it should stop..

And it stops here.. Keep this place calm.

thebullet
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
yeah Jack. NIce one. Ender was awesome. Yeah, you're cams are pretty wild, but that's what makes you YOU. I like it that I know it's a jack barclay video before I even read the title. Keep doing what your doing.

Jack
06-05-2010, 11:17 AM
!

wasn't expecting all this . . .

Thanks guys.

Anchors
06-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Tits for days Jack, tits for days...