PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor Me Footage

TrueChrisNeal
06-03-2010, 03:13 PM
First time doing a edit so be nice :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8cMQFAI3Yk

JerrelMD
06-04-2010, 04:19 AM
I would try to give us a better view of what your're doing be getting closer to the skater.

Also, including someone else in your sponsor me is rather confusing..

BeatChemist
06-04-2010, 07:38 AM
dude you bounced off a wall then rode into a 50-50 on a bank edge by accident and kept it in your sponsor me footage. now just think about that... is that really how you want to represent yourself if you're trying to get on a team?

I'm not trying to be harsh or mean. But I think way too many people just throw together some junk clips and then don't understand why people aren't commenting or just hating on their videos. Then they get bummed and quit or just kinda get off on the wrong foot... I don't want that to happen here dude!

Check out EA's forums for some of the tutorial/tip threads about converting clips and editing them so you don't distort or stretch out the video, and also the ones on filming. You would really benefit from having more of your skater in the frame while you're filming, so that we can see what he's doing. It takes time to get good and have an eye for this, but if you watch other videos and then just straight up try to copy their camera setups, you're figure out your own style and how you like to film. But the point is to showcase the trick and spot. You're trying to make everything look good, so show as much of the board/skater/spot as you can.

People put a lot of time and effort obsessing over little details of their videos - gesture tweaks, camera angles to get sun flares, seamless transitions from one pan-away at the end of a clip into the pan-up in the next, editing the clips to the beat of the music, etc -- all little things that add up to a high quality finished product that shows off how much work they put it. Quality and style are the pillars of a good video.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any questions you've got!

TrueChrisNeal
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
dude you bounced off a wall then rode into a 50-50 on a bank edge by accident and kept it in your sponsor me footage. now just think about that... is that really how you want to represent yourself if you're trying to get on a team?

I'm not trying to be harsh or mean. But I think way too many people just throw together some junk clips and then don't understand why people aren't commenting or just hating on their videos. Then they get bummed and quit or just kinda get off on the wrong foot... I don't want that to happen here dude!

Check out EA's forums for some of the tutorial/tip threads about converting clips and editing them so you don't distort or stretch out the video, and also the ones on filming. You would really benefit from having more of your skater in the frame while you're filming, so that we can see what he's doing. It takes time to get good and have an eye for this, but if you watch other videos and then just straight up try to copy their camera setups, you're figure out your own style and how you like to film. But the point is to showcase the trick and spot. You're trying to make everything look good, so show as much of the board/skater/spot as you can.

People put a lot of time and effort obsessing over little details of their videos - gesture tweaks, camera angles to get sun flares, seamless transitions from one pan-away at the end of a clip into the pan-up in the next, editing the clips to the beat of the music, etc -- all little things that add up to a high quality finished product that shows off how much work they put it. Quality and style are the pillars of a good video.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any questions you've got!

im currently working on a new footage. I currently have like 50 seconds of good footage