PDA

View Full Version : Psychonaut: "Stray dog" (SupaFly Solo 2)

SupaFly
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Messing with some new editing and filming techniques,hope you like it.:D

DISCLAIMER:I dont take credit for the first person cam,TNO showed me that,and the credit goes to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3uEurEuK4

saunders420
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
:eek:

SupaBad 1st person

schnavolda
06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
first person stuff was really cool.

a lot of really sick tricks, filming and everything was one point. i mean you just make some tricks look as slick as no one else can do.

but there where two things i didn't like. a) that rain. i mean in the clips with the rain the sun is shining and it's clear blue sky. b) why didn't you pick a faster song with more punch? MORE PUNCH! something to blow people out of their seats. more ave, less romantic love comedy.

SupaFly
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
first person stuff was really cool.

a lot of really sick tricks, filming and everything was one point. i mean you just make some tricks look as slick as no one else can do.

but there where two things i didn't like. a) that rain. i mean in the clips with the rain the sun is shining and it's clear blue sky. b) why didn't you pick a faster song with more punch? MORE PUNCH! something to blow people out of their seats. more ave, less romantic love comedy.

Seems like you are asking me questions,so i will give you answers and hopefully,i wont come off sounding like a douche.

a)Its called a sun shower,no clouds required.

b)Nobody ever like's the music i choose,every time i edit a video i agononize over what song to use,and just cant win....its also why i never make comments regarding people's music choices for there video's.

So hope i dont sound like im picking a fight again cause im not.

There is many sunshowers where i live and it was a total reality for me when i skated,it would rain with the sun shining no clouds in the sky for like 5-10 minutes at a time....often,it was a drag but atleast it would dry up quick cause the sun was out.

schnavolda
06-07-2010, 12:27 AM
So hope i dont sound like im picking a fight again cause im not.

you don't. it's all relaxed. i don't want to fight either.

i mean i know what a sun shower is, i just found the effect unnecessary and since you said you were messing with some editing techniques i wanted to say something about that. it was like eye-candy but didn't contribute to the skating at all.

most of the time i really like the music in your videos. even this song isn't bad at all. it's just that a more aggressive song would have made your video even better in my eyes because it would fit better to your style of skating. i know that picking songs is really hard, i have the same problem and always end up using hip hop.

SupaFly
06-07-2010, 12:37 AM
you don't. it's all relaxed. i don't want to fight either.

i mean i know what a sun shower is, i just found the effect unnecessary and since you said you were messing with some editing techniques i wanted to say something about that. it was like eye-candy but didn't contribute to the skating at all.

most of the time i really like the music in your videos. even this song isn't bad at all. it's just that a more aggressive song would have made your video even better in my eyes because it would fit better to your style of skating. i know that picking songs is really hard, i have the same problem and always end up using hip hop.

yeah you mentioned eye candy,it was the first time i tried to make rain,and when i first thought about it,i thought about Mark johnson and the raining picnic table scene,thats why i stuck to 1 spot,1 outfit and didnt just have random rain everywhere in the video.

Something about skating during a sunshower is awesome,"i dont care if its raining im getting my freakin trick before i leave" kinda thing...but i only did that when boards were cheap or free in my time skating haha,no way would i have done that if my mom was buying my boards or something lol.

bohemian
06-07-2010, 03:24 AM
rain and 1st person cam was not needed.
good fakeboarding superdupa
no insane dubcombos? your slacking =)

thesignguy
06-07-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't see how you could film any beter really, well besides wait for those sunshowers to stop :)
I thought the song was fine and I don't ever remember not liking a song from you. Nice watch

Granka
06-07-2010, 04:13 AM
The first person shots were sick! Favorite trick: 3:28

knexzor
06-07-2010, 04:21 AM
haha you totally slapped blur into my youtube :(

1st person 3shuv crooks looked pretty nice, although I'd say next time don't use that much wide angle, legs don't look that far away in person (or I'm short)

first line so sick
overcrook!
wow the benihana and then quick varialheel animation looked rad
back smith kickflip out, with t-puds one yesterday; mmmmm
kickflip hurricane on the blue handrail

wow you've really hated your cameraman since s2, whats up with that?

OUCH back tail inw heel back lip!!! damnnn
vicious ender

awesome video man

Stevland
06-07-2010, 04:44 AM
i like it, great skating as usual. my favorite is the kf hurricane where the cam goes under the rail in industrial. i want more lines though, lines with dubs :) those were always great in your S2 videos.

first person and rain. hm. first person was alright for the intro. could have done without the rain, but since it was only in one place it was alright i guess. didn't really add anything, except for leaving people wondering why it's raining, hehe.

music was good too, maybe a faster song with more action would have complemented your skating, but the edit was good, so it worked.

b)Nobody ever like's the music i choose,every time i edit a video i agononize over what song to use,and just cant win....its also why i never make comments regarding people's music choices for there video's.

i think it's not about liking the music, it's about making a song work. it has to flow with the skating, that's what it's all about.
like, i know that robley isn't very keen on the who, but he still likes dp54, cause it works.
or i remember one of revo's S1 or S2 videos, where he used coldplay. i loath coldplay to no extend, but it worked very good for his style.
hell, demz made a country song work.

sure, there's stuff no one can make work, ever, like rapmetal or gabbertechno ;) (which seems to be a german phenomenon, just think of super annoying 200bpm agressive techno music, lol)

DRFA1979
06-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Supa, that was awesome as always. Love how you make all this tech stuff look so damn easy and stylish.

I enjoyed the first person shots too, I think people get put off by that stuff because it's not what they're used to in a skate video.

RWJReaL86
06-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I thought first person was great. The board did seem a bit far away... maybe a different zoom on the camera?

Awesome skating as always. I watch a lot of your vids, I just don't comment very often. I'm without a system right now so I can't post any vids.

bs tail inwheel lip was sick.

gap at 3:09 was naaaasty! Liked the angle of the first shot to show the gap. Then you hit it switch. fml.

Sickness man.

Skatehead
06-07-2010, 07:14 AM
flucking great video...
thought it all went well 2gther...
u abuse ur cameraman....:D haha

SupaFly
06-07-2010, 07:51 AM
flucking great video...
thought it all went well 2gther...
u abuse ur cameraman....:D haha

cause he films dumb shit,like skating in the rain :confused:

thebullet
06-07-2010, 08:20 AM
gyeah supa, nice one!

and despite what some may say, I actually like this song. It brings me back to my grandaddy phase I went through about 7 years ago, this being my favorite song of theirs.

SupaFly
06-07-2010, 08:30 AM
gyeah supa, nice one!

and despite what some may say, I actually like this song. It brings me back to my grandaddy phase I went through about 7 years ago, this being my favorite song of theirs.

Thanks bullet,ive had this song stashed away for like 2 months eager to use it cause i thought it was a perfect skate song,guess not,but im glad you like it.

Forgive my attitude,but im totaly bummed out on this video now.Maybe i can get it right next time:(

Sorry.

schnavolda
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks bullet,ive had this song stashed away for like 2 months eager to use it cause i thought it was a perfect skate song,guess not,but im glad you like it.

supa, it IS a good song for a skate video, but for one featuring slow tricks. nobody said that the song itself is bad, just that it's misplaced for your fast and gritty skating.

Demzilla
06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
sw kick smith....
hurry...
skinny runs....
soo much in this....
sw heel over the rail....

i cant type..pizza fingers...

dope shit....

Hitmanx123
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
:pyo that first person shit was fucking tight. i do that all the time, cept i make it the camera guy instead. but sick solo supa.

rockerboy1013
06-07-2010, 01:47 PM
1:45-1:50 was sick!
3:29 shuldve been the ender. it was great

Jack
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
song was different than I expected, breezy and kind of happy.

first person cams were brilliant, especially the gap cam, holy, might be the single best cam of skate 3.

It's not fair, you skate like torey pudwill and film like Darren Aronofsky.

My expectations are Pi.

BeatChemist
06-07-2010, 04:35 PM
first person cams were brilliant, especially the gap cam, holy, might be the single best cam of skate 3.

loved that 1st person cam too.

Lots of good stuff here Supa! Too busy to write a whole review right now, but I just wanted to post to say that you shouldn't be down on this vid. You were just trying a few new things... maybe they didn't work out... still a great video.

GymAllstar
06-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Thought I commented on this... forgot I didnt yet.

So so so good man.. I could tell you all the stuff listed above me but you already know all that. I just wanted to let you know I thought it was dope and the cams are perfect to go along with the skating - all of it is so inspiring to me

Sameiru
06-10-2010, 03:29 AM
The first person bits were amazing, you should do more work like this.

Amp Game
06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Loved the ender - I seriously get the sunshower effect and think it went as part of the magic. Fits the song so well.

As for the skating usual tech style which is supafly.

Good im glad someone busted your camera man for the insane shit hes been producing lately - i want to punch him for burning out my controllers trying to keep up

monkeysunkle74
06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
good stuff as always Supa, really liked the POV, the camera moved nicely in tune with the skating and body movement.