PDA

View Full Version : psychonaut things you can look at.

robley
06-21-2010, 12:28 AM
no videos, suckers. you don't have to look at them, but they're going to look at you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/robley/Megamyth_tease2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/robley/monterey_poster_skies.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/robley/psychonaut_lights_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/robley/psychonaut_second_coming_web.jpg

Slamooh
06-21-2010, 12:48 AM
wow

Granka
06-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Sweeeeet!

Roccityroller
06-21-2010, 05:58 AM
what the...

Demzilla
06-21-2010, 06:33 AM
more shit for the gc i guess?...

third down is amazin....

Clayfighter
06-21-2010, 07:56 AM
oh my sweet lord those are wow

MagicNarcosis
06-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Shtuuuuuupid clean!!

aaronberlin
06-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Errrr, eye candy.

Skatehead
06-21-2010, 08:45 AM
making that fakeboarding money!

saunders420
06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
i really like that third one.
and tell em to stop gockin

RWJReaL86
06-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Monterey and the 3rd one down are the best... Clouds and psychadelic colors. All that's missing is Mary ;)

But seriously, is this GC work? And if so, how the HELL did you make CLOUDS!?!?!

bohemian
06-21-2010, 11:14 AM
not gc, i guess photoshop illustrator

neon one hangs on my wall

robley
06-21-2010, 02:24 PM
oh yeah, it's all photoshop, illustrator, and indesign. i suck at the GC i don't even mess with it.

i just make them from time to time, share them with team dudes in our epic chain emails, figured i'd show everybody else too.

BeatChemist
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow those are great Robley!

I love seeing people doing stuff like this. I've been trying to get back into photoshop and illustrator lately and have been doing some mock ads like these. Do you mind if I ask where you get your paper texturing? Folding paper and then scanning it? Stock texture images?

Whatever it is, it looks great!

I think Psychonaut is my favourite team when it comes to art direction/design.

nolan1053
06-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Aaaaah, Monterey, what I'd do to get on that team.

Anyway, it's sad to say I'd probably pay if those were DVD covers.

bohemian
06-22-2010, 12:04 AM
monterey, blood in blood out

HorseHead
06-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Aaaaah, Monterey, what I'd do to get on that team.

Anyway, it's sad to say I'd probably pay if those were DVD covers.

Not sad to say at all, these are amazing and well done.

Robley should probably go to school for this stuff.

Demzilla
06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
i tried...

cause i love...

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=GRAPHIC&platform=xbox#searchType=TITLE&query=1954&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=GRAPHIC&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=8af889c1295f0460012960ab83e2037c

Jack
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Pretty. Damn Robley. You should market Psychonaut worldwide.

nolan1053
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Pretty. Damn Robley. You should market Psychonaut worldwide.

YES! Put the next full length out on DVD. But just charge shipping >.>

BeatChemist
06-22-2010, 05:52 PM
hahaha I would probably buy a psychonaut dvd if the price was right...

This fakeboarding is some crazy shit.

Roccityroller
06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
fuck san van DLC.. i'd pay 1200mspoints for a psycho vid lol

robley
06-22-2010, 10:35 PM
beat: i have a like 7 gig texture library. some of them i bought, some i scanned, some i shot high res photos of, some i stole off google. stealing off google is easy but sometimes the resolution falls apart if you size them up too much.

i was thinking about making a DVD a few months ago of all the team stuff up to this point, like the very first intro video, monomyth, magic potion, further, the 195WAR montage, and all the other stuff featuring team dudes that weren't solos. i tried to learn importing AE files to use as DVD menus but it was a pain in the ass so i gave up. the next one may very well make it to DVD though. if anybody's interested, it probably wouldn't be free because hey, i have to buy DVDs and shit, but there wouldn't be any profit involved whatsoever.

nolan1053
06-22-2010, 10:51 PM
beat: i have a like 7 gig texture library. some of them i bought, some i scanned, some i shot high res photos of, some i stole off google. stealing off google is easy but sometimes the resolution falls apart if you size them up too much.

i was thinking about making a DVD a few months ago of all the team stuff up to this point, like the very first intro video, monomyth, magic potion, further, the 195WAR montage, and all the other stuff featuring team dudes that weren't solos. i tried to learn importing AE files to use as DVD menus but it was a pain in the ass so i gave up. the next one may very well make it to DVD though. if anybody's interested, it probably wouldn't be free because hey, i have to buy DVDs and shit, but there wouldn't be any profit involved whatsoever.

iTunes. You can put the cover on them too, sell them for like...99 cents. Or Amazon digital downloads, 99 cents. =]

robley
06-23-2010, 01:05 AM
it's going to be viewable online definitely, but i'm not going to put it up for free on vimeo or wherever then be a dick and ask people to pay for the same thing through itunes. i just think it might be cool to have an actual physical copy of it, in a well designed case, with some extras on it that people can have if they want for like $3 plus shipping, or however much it averages out to. actual DVD price + case price + shipping to wherever. it's just an idea though.

BeatChemist
06-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Whoa! 7 Gigs is a lot of texture... You must work in some sort of design field! What do you do? If you don't mind me asking...

As fas as a DVD goes... I wouldn't even care if others could get the videos for free. A nice DVD package would be super tight. Don't mind paying a bit extra for your time either Robley... nothing's free these days (despite what all the people complaining about DLC pricing at the Kids Table think haha...)

I have dealt with DVD menu creation before, and it was always a pain in the ass. I don't have experience with AE->DVD though... so I can't really help you there. Seems to me like Adobe would have some sort of companion app or some process for streamlining the conversion of AE/InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop projects into DVD menus though. I was quite surprised 4 years ago when a project I was working on needed a nice DVD menu and there wasn't a simple workflow to achieve it... I'd be even more surprised if there isn't a good workflow from content design/creation to menu building/scripting out there now.

robley
06-23-2010, 08:23 PM
i freelance sometimes, but now i'm finishing my design degree.

i know most all DVD menu creator programs can run .mov, and AE exports as that, it's just trying to find a balance i guess to have the links actually work. i have no idea how to do that yet but i know a guy who does, and when i have some time i'm going to have him show me.