PDA

View Full Version : A hidden world, growing beyond control

bohemian
07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
usa is loosing it

its time to rebell

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/articles/a-hidden-world-growing-beyond-control/print/

HorseHead
07-21-2010, 08:44 AM
usa is loosing it

its time to rebell

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/articles/a-hidden-world-growing-beyond-control/print/

God damn right we're losing it. Fucked up scary article. Good find.

I wish that they would realize that there are other options besides constantly living in fear and giving in to paranoia. If they just looked into the foreign policies that make us such a target for terrorism they'd find it was more effective than wasting more money than most smaller countries make in a year. Quit trying to be the world police and quit being so arrogant as to believe that we can step in and resolve feuds that have existed longer than our country has.

Roccityroller
07-21-2010, 09:20 AM
meh... you can smell the bias oozing out of it.

yea there's a lot of redundency, but redundancy can also work as error proofing.

That being said, not saying they can't be more efficient. but it's just like the automakers. We've been doing things with this spend spend spend, build build build mentality and it's worked fine for so long and now that the economy is hurting everyone is "discovering" these inefficiencies when they've probably been there for years.

bohemian
07-22-2010, 08:30 AM
redundancy can also work as error proofing.

cĀ“mon man you cant possibly accept this

Roccityroller
07-22-2010, 09:04 AM
never said i accepted it, I'm an engineer, i never accept anything. but redundancy isn't always a bad thing. Can't hate on me for playing devils advocate.

Everyone is soooooo quick to point fingers and blame alll our problems on the gov't when in reality, you and me are probably twice as wasteful and redundant as any gov't, just on a different level. The difference is, when you run out of money, the govt usually has programs in act to help you out (read: welfare, food assistance, subsidized housing) but what do we do when the gov't runs out of money? point fingers at their in-efficiencies.

Demzilla
07-22-2010, 09:14 AM
fear and paranoia is like candy and soda to America...

its what drives our country....

take away that and were forced to think for ourselfs...
which is something the usa has worked hard for years to eliminate from our schools and colleges...
when you have people thinking you get options...
our gov doesnt want options..
never has and never will...

theres a group of folks that determine our world and a massive security paranoia state is a key part of there plan...

as for costs..
this is america...
we have no concept of the value for the dollar....
if we did...and cared...
we wouldnt have outsourced every last usefull thing we consume over seas...
on purpose..
for years...

bohemian
07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
your country is neari bancrupcy, you owe a gazillion million of dollRS all over, mainly because of eccesive warfare the last 50yrs. american people are starting to feel it, whit fazist authoroties and less work and cash each year.
and when stuff like this are being uncovered and layout out for the public, you seem to turn a blind eye. american people are slowly beeing cooked alive, like frogs
theres been a ton of wakeupcalls the last decade alone, but the general public doesnt care or dont realize it

Roccityroller
07-22-2010, 09:25 AM
rebellion isn't going to fix that. Working separately during an economic crisis is a recipe for failure. period. I NEVER said we don't need change, it's pretty obvious. but rebellion in the US will turn into a race war for power... the disadvantage of the melting pot. And the way the numbers look in our country now... the mexicans would win. Then we'd live on the North Mexican continent. and I'm pretty sure we've already seen what mexican can do with a big country...

Demzilla
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
dude we've been bankrupt for years...
decades and some change....

whats the most profitable exchange you could make?...
war related expenses...
once that was figures out over 50 years ago it was made sure to never end...
for a reason...greed...

americans have felt it for years..
this last few years the gov has been edging out the middle class all together so currently the old middle class is crazy pissed...

turning a blind eye....
let em explain the american blind eye...
if you open it...
it will get closed for you...
insert a shit load of political leaders that have been murdered because of there ideas and ideologies..
insert a shit ton of writers...scientist..philosophers..astrologists...
this list..
these lists..
will only grow...

weve been dead for years by the way...
you can really become undead can you?...

those that care fight within the boundaries rome gives us...
those that dont care are rich..
end...

note...
please dont assume im one of those ignorant minds thats wasted 25 years of there life never figuring out how to learn for myself..
i would be upset with you boflixx...

Roccityroller
07-22-2010, 10:13 AM
there's no ignorant minds in the ea skate community demzilla, you, of all people, should know this. everyone here is mature and edumacated.

I just enjoy a good discussion and i'm one of those weird people that just likes to play devil's advocate for the sake of a good discussion.

bohemian
07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
no worries roc, i like convos too, and all sides have several sides, and the more people attending, the closer to the truth well get

and by rallying for rebellion in the op, i was meerly using tabloid style wording to catch your attention, i know a full on riot nationwide or globally wont happen , or cant happen, but by spreading knowlegde of the problems we as one global populationis facing is at utmost importance. knowledge is power, meeh, but its true.

and for the record, i do not hate americans. having met a bunch thru skateboarding i can truly say the opposite. i love you guys =) and the communitymembers here seem like enlightened dudes way more informed than the main us citizen

but from an outside perspective, seeing the changes you go thru, espessially with the increasingly abusive policeforce and your deminishing freedoms, its time to act.

HorseHead
07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
I mostly keep track of things like this for the "what the fuck?" factor. I grew up a punk skater kid and used to think that there was a way to make change happen through protests, petitions and music. I completely disagree now. Protests are just an excuse for people to smash shit and an excuse for cops to test out riot gear. Music with political themes is just a bunch of disillusioned fools preaching to the choir. People here don't give a fuck. People everywhere don't really give a fuck for the most part. I'm just a spectator at this point, waiting for the shit to hit the fan. And it's going to inevitably.

Americans loooove money. The idea of living within your means is foreign to most people. There's more of a "pride of posession" than a "pride of ownership" mentality here. Businesses market to that idea. Low interest rates, no money down, free acai berry juice iPod dick sleeve, you could be a big winner, charge that shit to your credit card! It's like a fucking circus. I'm just gonna sit back and watch, everything's fucked anyway.

Roccityroller
07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
i remember one time long ago when people bought a lot of stuff on credit.....